atomik9274

processor question

first, sorry if i am in the wrong topic. im new so i don't really know where to put this. so if an admin sees this please move it to the right one. thanks!

so i'm building my first pc and i have made a decision to go with the intel i5-2500k and overclock it to 4.5ghz

im just wondering if this will handle day z on high settings not the highest but enough to look really nice.

i have been searching around for this answer on the interwebs and couldn't really find an answer. while i was searching for this answer i ran upon some one saying the human can't process more than 40fps or something along those lines. im just wondering if this is true. i also hear about these viewing distances for arma ii. can someone explain these? do you set that in the settings or is it just everything being rendered while looking really far.

one more thing. if i just want to play with say 4 friends how would we do that?

yes it will quite easily

even without overclocking

4.5ghz is a bit too high dont u think

yeah 4.5 is a little high what cooling do you have sitting upon the burning chip

the only way you have only 4 players on a server is if you own that server and password protect it

Edited by AmberHelios

yeah 4.5 is a little high what cooling do you have sitting upon the burning chip

the only way you have only 4 players on a server is if you own that server and password protect it

Yeah rent a private hive server and whitelist it. Only the 4 of you, or whoever else you choose to add to the list will be able to join. But it wil save you alot of grief from hackers.

I just bought an i5 3570k @ 3.5ghz and it runs the game smooth as you'd like!

i would have a

Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60 sitting on it? is that enough or should i get a bigger cpu cooler?

how do i rent a server for dayz and whitelist it? also, what is whitelisting?

unless you guys think using the intel max turbo technology to boost it to 3.7 ghz is enough to run day z on high.

i just though of this question too.

when dayz goes stand alone do you think the coding will be better so it won't use as much cpu power?

unless you guys think using the intel max turbo technology to boost it to 3.7 ghz is enough to run day z on high.

i just though of this question too.

when dayz goes stand alone do you think the coding will be better so it won't use as much cpu power?

At this point, I think it will be similar performance wise that is. They will be using the ToH (Take On Helicopters) engine...

I've got the same CPU. Will run DayZ fine without overclocking, but if you do want to OC then I wouldnt go above 4ghz without sufficient cooling.

Your frame rate will also be dependant on which GPU you choose, but seeing as it's a new build I'm sure you'll make the right choice in that department.

An i5 3570k is better minorly in every way and it uses less power as well as running at lower temps.

An h60 would be good I would think

People i've seen as well that play games say that 40fps is really muddy and they're the kind of the people that have quad GTX 680's and are only comfortable with 80-120fps.

It's your preference, I personally think it gets not smooth at around 30fps, 40fps is the smooth point for me.

Edited by HooWoo

Well, you should have posted in the Stickied Topic just above but no matter...

Little vid I posted in the tech Forum...