Robdoddy

Bring Back Starter Weapon Petition

-1 from me, I much prefer starting without a weapon.

This is survival horror, half of it is the fear of dying...and when you're running down a road at night with your torch strobing your vision in front of you as it swings back and forth with only the sound of hungry zeds chasing behind you....THAT is horror.

Okay so the starter weapon is obviously not coming back. How about giving us a water bottle and some food? Because honestly, if you can find a gun easier, than finding food. Something is wrong. So give us a water bottle to start with, and some food.

wuss alert..

took me 30 minutes only to find a makarov with 4 clips and a double barrel included food and water and other supplies, tools also..

Stop complaining because its a little difficult, if you think its way to hard then this game might not be for you.

Okay so the starter weapon is obviously not coming back. How about giving us a water bottle and some food? Because honestly' date=' if you can find a gun easier, than finding food. Something is wrong. So give us a water bottle to start with, and some food.

[/quote']

there was a bug with the food and drinks not spawning i saw a friend playing today he found enough food and drinks.

water bottles should be common enough to be obtained easily.

be sure to check what kind of locations you loot, normal houses spawn food etc.

No starting weapon equals more deaths, YES. Once you get used to sneaking around zombies and find a weapon, value of your life AMAZINGLY INCREASED. I find that people will be more less gung-ho with no starter weapon. Yes, it will be a bitch from the get-go, but hey! Now atleast you'll know that the survivor that just spawned won't be shooting at you and bandits(hopefully) won't be shooting at you!

Another point with the no starter weapon is to get you more attuned with how the zeds work in the new update, once you know how to get around them you'll be more prepared to survive! I really think Rocket is trying to get more people to value their life more in DayZ. And gotta tell you Rocket, it is working.

Do NOT put back the starter weapon. If the ZA happened tomorrow 95% of us would have no firearm so why should this be any different? If you can't find weapons you're not looking hard enough or you're not looking in the right places. Get better at the game!

Because of realism. Where in the world (no comments from Americans please) would you be found on a beach with a gun? I would get rid of everything apart from a watch.

You want a gun - find a barn. They are common and usually spawn a weapon of somekind. Just dont expect to be given anything in an Apocalypse.

I found a m16 when i had no weapon. Petition does not solve anything

I haven't experienced what it's like to spawn without a weapon yet as I'm pretty well stocked and I haven't died in quite a while. Also, I stay away from major cities but this is all beyond the point.

I think that spawning without a weapon might be a little too harsh especially now with the zeds having a much harder Line Of Sight to deal with. I don't know, like I said, I haven't experienced it myself yet but it sounds really difficult.

Then again, evading zeds is so awesome that maybe surviving is possible...

Because of realism? That's BS. How common is it to find a gun in a house or a deer stand irl ?

Got to admit, I like being naked.

(in other words, not starting with a weapon!).

:D

Do NOT put back the starter weapon. If the ZA happened tomorrow 95% of us would have no firearm so why should this be any different? If you can't find weapons you're not looking hard enough or you're not looking in the right places. Get better at the game!

Dude dojn't know where you live but here in Phx Arizona you find guns and ammo in at least a third of the houses. I once built a underground shooting range at 150 feet for a lesbian with no less than 15 guns in her house, plus 2 large people hating great danes.

In my opinion it was a REALLY BAD idea to take the starting pistol away at the minute. I can see it being a good idea in the future, but with no way for someone starting to kill a zombie its pretty crappy. Especially when you can only play in the evenings so I'm stuck running around in the dark being chased with no way to kill them.

IN MY OPINION there should always be a way to kill a zombie from spawn. Even if its a pistol with less mags than before.

[Edit for spelling.]