Sign in to follow this  
Bradley_Whelan

CD key in use? Wth? Please help

Ok first off I googled this problem and all I got was topics about people downloading hacks off the internet.

I did not download anything off the internet for Dayz, my last downloads were malware bytes about a week ago and Six updater about a week before that, I don't hack and I don't intend to

I got this game off steam, my friend bought it me for my birthday at the start of July 2012 (Combined operations gifted to me on Steam). I quit DayZ back in august but I came back about 2 weeks ago and i've been playing fine since

but today I went to just play on some server, I think it was UK 25 and I got "CD Key in use"

I just thought whatever probably lag, so I tried again, same thing.

I tried some private hives instead, same thing -_-.

What the hell? the last time I played was last night at about 11pm, it's just about lunch time here in the UK and now I'm getting this problem

can anyone help? I just want to play, can I contact Bohemia or something and get a new key or what, also if I get a new "CD key" what do I do then, how do I use it??

God damn it all I want to do is play DayZ :(

check the bis forum link.

Note that anti-virus programs, anti-malware programs, etc doesn't detect the key-stealer since it doesn't reproduce itself. All it does is read an entry in the registry which all programs do, then transmits a few packets to its owner. There's nothing abnormal with that that will trigger these programs to flag it.

The first thing you should do though, is to verify that you have the correct cd-key installed. If you bought from cog.com they come with a default cd-key that has to be changed (although I'm pretty sure that key is globally banned).

• Like 1

Also, don't forget key stealers don't only come disguised as hacks but also other "helpful" proggies.

Guys I bought this game on steam, Arma 2 combined operations

I didn't buy a key anywhere, I'm just using the one steam provided me.

again, have you followed all the Bis links?

yeah I told them what I said here but I haven't heard anything, I'm wondering if anyone else has another idea because it seems like this problem only happens to wannabe hackers

Sorry to double post but in case someone looks for the solution on google or something they might find this

I exited steam and when I re-opened it and tried again, it worked... so yeah :/

'yard?