shinkicker

DayZ 2017 New Release

Version 1.1 is now released and being rolled out on different servers as I type. It is currently active on playwithsix and will imminently be available DayZ Commander.

Download info on Client and Server

A little bit about the mod. Its set 5 years into the future and everything is more rare and the gameplay is more based on survivalism due to the low amount of high powered weapons. Players are known to trade often in 2017 and tend to work together more due to the harsh nature of the mod. That is not to say banditry does not exist, no, people can get quite ruthless, but they are likely to kill you for food then anything else (and that might be the food you carry, or you yourself as the food).

We are also a community based mod, so we welcome people getting involved. A lot of the new features we have planned for the next release are mostly from the players.

Note: Its not for everyone, and we don't want it to be. If you like getting 'geared up' quickly then this won't be for you. Its a challenge and we intend to keep taking it more in that direction. At the same time its an ongoing effort and will always need refinement and careful attention to keep balance right.

New Features

* Dead Players / Zeds can be gutted and cooked with detrimental effect on humanity and high chance of infection

* Zombies Hordes Spawn in Forests (and are attracted to camp fires)

* Zombies spawn ratios and sensitivty raised.

* New Improved Zombie faces and clothes being swapped out (continuous WIP)

* Gyrocopters added (land and water based) - water based can also be used on land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSywLeLApEE

* [New Female Survivor Model

SwdIi.jpg

* [New Bandit Model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUVjhGj_bDM

* New Hero Model

* New Tent Model

* Bus Interior Retextured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtkayBQ8Log

* Added Retextured AN2 Civil

5n52i.jpg

* Changed Survivor2_DZ to Epic_Beard_Man.

* Tank Armour Levels Lowered massively.

* Loot rebalanced (matches more common).

* Animal Spawn ratios brought back to default.

Bug Fixes

* Backpacks can now stow weapons

* Tank LODS fixed

* Male Survivor Rvmats Fixed (they now show blood on the models)

* Various start up errors fixed.

* Removed Marek_DZ (Medic could self heal)

* Missing ice_apo_resistance\data\us_soldier_sabot_body_wound1.rvmat'' fixed.

Edited by shinshady
  • Like 13

keep in mind he posted this on 13 januari 2013 (maybe 12 if you live on the other side of the planet) and he said :

" Its set 5 years into the future" then calls the game dayz 2017

:facepalm:

• Like 4

What is this? A new version of DayZ?

It's a mod of a mod... Basically someone modded the existing Dayz code into Dayz 2017.

• Like 2

I like the new ideas, like cannibalism.

Not because I have a secret craving for human flesh,

but because it's possible that people would resort to that option in an apocalypse.

I might give this a try at some point, but not now.

Also.. This is my 1337th post. Whee.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 6

Great to see another verson. I do however find it a bit easy to get food/water. Just find water bottles and fill them up at a pond. Find some animals and kill them, while taking their steak. Go to the Cherno hospital and cook the steaks by the fire that is there. That's usually how I start out anyway :P

• Like 1

Awesome, thank you!

Oh, and:

keep in mind he posted this on 13 januari 2013 (maybe 12 if you live on the other side of the planet) and he said :

...this guy is an idiot.

• Like 4

Oh, and:

...this guy is an idiot.

No, he actually has a point.

2013 + 5 = 2018

There are more things to nitpick at the OP than the guy who read his post,

but I like the features and am willing to forgive his flaws in this thread.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

It was first released last year which is when the....never mind, have an apple for being good at math. It will make up for your English grade (januari huh).

Edited by shinshady
  • Like 13

The mod came out last year lol It isn't going to keep changing its name every year lol

• Like 3

I have played this mod for quite some time and i can't recommend it highly enough. The scarcity of food and weapons makes it a real fight for survival. You pretty much have to survive with water bottles and steaks, assuming you can find matches - or using flaming barrels. An Enfield is pretty much the top gun you will find.

One quirk i do find funny though - the coke machine in the Cherno Hotel still has power to it and glows at night!!

And all i can say about cannibalism and gyrocopters - brilliant!

• Like 1

For the people flaming at me , i did the research before i posted my reply and i know the mod was created in 2012 so i get it why he called it 2012 , just saying he should had rephrased his sentence with the current date.

Ps : @Shinshady english isn't my native language , but still januari is still written right in my book ( dutch)

Edited by External89
  • Like 1

Cool mod. Played it a little while ago when it first came out.

Been waiting for my host to add it to their maps.

How do I launch this with Play With Six? I've installed it in Six, but when I search for 2017 servers nothing ever comes up...

• Like 1

I think I'll take a look at this, heard loads of great things about it, haven't tried it yet...

• Like 1

Just a glimpse of my adventures in DayZ 2017

55uyr.jpg

Love the new Humungus bandit skin!!!

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 7

Some of these changes are revolutionary, and may improve the game significantly:

* Dead Players / Zeds can be gutted and cooked with detrimental effect on humanity and high chance of infection

* Zombies Hordes Spawn in Forests (and are attracted to camp fires)

* Gyrocopters added (land and water based) - water based can also be used on land.

Having played 2017 for some time now, I know starvation is a significant threat. The temptation to prepare yourself a filet-O-Zed when your hunger is flashing would be great.

Zombie hordes spawning in forests is a terrifying idea, is anywhere safe any more? That said, I played for 2 hours and did not encounter one. Maybe you need to start a fire to trigger one? Perhaps they are just rare.

Oh, and External89, I apologize for my harsh remark. It was too much, I just react badly to individuals criticizing people like Shins who are voluntarily working to improve this game (and doing an awesome job at it in this case).

that i wanna see in DAyz SA ..... great job

• Like 1

Hi

Could some one please tell me how to install this?

Iv unzipped the rar to my Arma OA folder and enabled it in the expansion section but when i try and join a server i get this message "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ice_apo_resistance_patch, ice_apo_vehicle_patch, datsun_civil_ipoc_shinkicker, tanya, tank_apoc_shinkicker, 2017_bus, 2017_bikes"

If anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi

Could some one please tell me how to install dayz 2017?

Iv unzipped the rar to my Arma OA folder and enabled it in the expansion section but when i try and join a server i get this message "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ice_apo_resistance_patch, ice_apo_vehicle_patch, datsun_civil_ipoc_shinkicker, tanya, tank_apoc_shinkicker, 2017_bus, 2017_bikes"

If anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

• Like 1