Sign in to follow this  
Ghass2

Idea

I'm just going to lay it on you.

Action keys. Best idea the standalone will ever have. Right now arma 2 doesn't feel as solid a game as I'd like it to be, with every damn AI in the game ghosting in and out of structure with absolutely zero fucks given about physics. firstly that needs to be fixed. NEEDS TO! before I loose it with this game. Not just that either, its when those AI don't even give a fuck about your sandbags and just walk right through it while you prance over like a reindeer, and you know what could fix that? an action button for fences, ladders, mounting on top of cars, doors and ducking under low hanging pipes or things of that sort. I'm not going to explain what this could fix because that would be a massive eyesore

I also bring to your attention different environments and biomes such as Aquatic, Deserts, Forests, Grasslands, Tundras, sparse buildings and signs of civilization leading all the way to dense cities 50km2. It makes for an interesting variety of scenarios which would help to kill any boredom anyone happens to stumble upon in this game. You've already got 1 million players that are certain to buy it regardless of quality so the choice is up to you I suppose.

Just sharing Ideas, Take or leave them, I don't mind.

All been said before and the behavior of zombies is because they are skinned soldiers. It's an invisible sped up vault I guess...

Consider making the title relevant to the topic next time.

This just shows how little you as well as most(Let's face it.) people playing this "game" and posting on the forums actually understand.

The DayZ you are currently playing is not a game. It's a modification of an already existing game.

Most, if not all problems you have with "DayZ" at the moment are ARMA 2's fault.

The Standalone will have its own engine, so if you have the same problems in the Standalone,

complain then. Because that's when your opinion actually holds more water and is fixable.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

You mean like "Hit F to open door", "Hit F to enter vehicle" and such? Yeah, I'd want that.

Well they already have that, it's the 'Enter' button. You can change it to whatever you want, I changed it to an extra mouse button and now I can do stuff way quicker. I think he means a button specifically for getting past obstacles (eg vaulting, ducking, climbing, sliding), and that's something I wouldn't mind seeing.

>Aquatic Desert Forrest Grassland Tundra

>implying that deserts and grasslands would be in russia

> not much room for looting and such if you're in a boat in the middle of an ocean

>because all of those trees are just there by circumstance

>what you think this namalsk is for?

meh would be difficult for someone like a civilian to be able to carry a backpack+ supplies+ weapons and still be able to parkour slide under pipes, climb stuff, etc. with zombies constantly on the prowl and bandits on the loose i wouldn't turn my back and make myself vulnerable to do that stuff

>best idea standalone will ever have

right, because all the player interaction incentives and player customization, not to mention the bug-fixing is all just boring minor points right?

@the glitches

well this is still indev, maybe wait till standalon till you start complaining while our awesome devs work their tails off for free trying to help us

sorry to be a dick jerk, but maybe you should do a little revising with your current suggestion, in a different game, that idea would be cool, its just not for dayz

might want to say what the idea is in the title btw...

I've read your comments and the only valid comment is "Name your title properly"

Sometimes I really do think all you people do is go on this forum to dick around and troll people. Must be living the sweet life.

By "HOLDING or CLICKING F" I mean a very linear way of opening and closing doors or hopping over pipes, Sort of like Assassins Creed, where it wont let you do a damn thing unless you hold down the key. This would increase productivity so much its almost preposterous.