jdz (DayZ)

Bonfire, buying bases and 'rules'

I think this really needs to be addressed.

Recently my friends found a server that you can buy bases, starter gear and vehicles on. This is fucking ridiculous.

Today my friends decided to attack a base we'd found, they have a gas station, helicopters,Urals and even BARRACKS!

Does this not completely defeat the purpose of the game? Shit yeah it does!

Their members are all geared to the teeth, obviously. We killed one guy who had 6 range finders and 6 pairs of night vision goggles on him... There are also rules that surround these bases, you aren't allowed to destroy the base or vehicles, you're not allowed to take any of the vehicles.

The starter gear is pretty messed up as well, if you pay $60 (AUS Dollars) you can spawn with -

60 - Supreme package:

Weapons:

• M14 aim - 3 Mags
  • M9SD - 4 Mags

Inventory:

• Cooked Steak
  • 2 Water Bottle's
  • Range Finder
  • Night Vision Goggles
  • Map
  • Compass
  • Watch
  • Military flashlight
  • Hatchet
  • Matches

Medical Supplies:

• 4 Bandages
  • 1 Painkillers
  • 2 Morphine
  • 1 Bloodbag

Backpack:

• Alice Backpack

Extra items inside of backpack:

• 1 Painkiller
  • 1 Morhpine
  • 1 Epinephrine
  • 1 Heatpack
  • 3 Cooked Steak
  • 2 Water Bottles
  • 2 Pepsi

Something seriously needs to be done about this...

Here is their website - http://www.dayzbonfire.net/index.php

Edited by jdz
  • Like 1

Sounds fun, private hive they can do what they want with their server. The rules about the bases are pretty weak though, other than that kill a guy who paid for the starting gear and now you have a free setup.

Sounds fun, private hive they can do what they want with their server. The rules about the bases are pretty weak though, other than that kill a guy who paid for the starting gear and now you have a free setup.

Very true camp around with an enfield or winchesters.

Edited by Andrew C

Yeah only thing bad about that is the rules on bases, that is awfully sissy-like. They paid for it and like Jesus said it was a private server...

There's no point in playing though... Food and drink spawns at the barracks and you have an unlimited amount of equipment. Why even play?

Yup, they do

Holy hell, and I thought the "9001 VEHICLES 30 HELIS 25/8 DAYLIGHT SPAWN WITH AS50 AND M4A1" servers were bad.

• Like 3

The question is...who is dumb enough to buy that starter gear for $60AUD? It's not even good. I'd expect a helicopter + Ghillie or Camo suit with atleast Coyote backpack + that. I could gear up with that stuff in 2 hours :huh: I hope this server is private hive btw?

who cares. private hive. dont like it? leave.

I dont like it. so I would not join the server. there is ~5000 other servers to choose from.

who cares. private hive. dont like it? leave.

I dont like it. so I would not join the server. there is ~5000 other servers to choose from.

That's not really the point I was making

That's not really the point I was making

Your point is moot when you don't have to play on the Server.

Your point is moot when you don't have to play on the Server.

Wut? No shit I don't need to play on the server :/

The point I was making is how it totally defeats the purpose of the game, not wether or not I need to play on it

Their server, their rules. If you don't like it there are hundreds of other servers that are played on very actively that you can play on, and if that is not good enough it shouldn't be much longer (relatively) until SA.

Stupid, but if there are idiots out there willing to pay for kit then more fool them! $60 for kit they will most likely lose in a day or two because they arent skilled, experienced or motivated enough to get for themselves?

AU #500 is one of the most hacked Australian servers out there, I wouldn't recommend playing on it at all.

Eh, it's just another server run by corrupt admins who enforce nonsensical "rules", except this time it has a money making scheme slapped on it. Good thing I avoid these types of servers (usually I can spot them by the "900+ VEHICLES¦CUSTOM LOADOUT" names).

Edited by Parasprite

Sure it defeats the purpose, but it's private hive and you have to pay to maintain servers.

That isn't a viable reasoning

Anyway, I just thought I'd shed some light on this in the hope it causes a ruckus :thumbsup:

Edited by jdz

Eh, it's just another server run by corrupt admins who enforce nonsensical "rules", except this time it has a money making scheme slapped on it. Good thing I avoid these types of servers (usually I can spot them by the "900+ VEHICLES¦CUSTOM LOADOUT" names).

I personally hate servers with more than 100. I'm playing on one right now that about 100 or just over, and it still feels too much. I killed some near NEAF, found a heli and flew around to a crashsite or 2, came back to NEAF and he was there with a black SUV.

I've found a few servers in the past that make fun of the servers with 300+ vehicles though, with names like "14000000 vehicles".

If that's all you get for your 60 bucks you are getting ripped off. lol

It's a common thing done by servers in order to raise the money to keep hosting. On one hand it's good to see they are atleast giving people back something for donating, but on the other, it's a disadvantage to everyone that doesn't buy it, which ruins the game.

Not to mention starting with gear would make the game extremely boring, wouldn't it? I love gearing up 10x more than actually having gear already.

Edited by AussieStig
  • Like 1

I personally hate servers with more than 100. I'm playing on one right now that about 100 or just over, and it still feels too much. I killed some near NEAF, found a heli and flew around to a crashsite or 2, came back to NEAF and he was there with a black SUV.

I've found a few servers in the past that make fun of the servers with 300+ vehicles though, with names like "14000000 vehicles".

It's a common thing done by servers in order to raise the money to keep hosting. On one hand it's good to see they are atleast giving people back something for donating, but on the other, it's a disadvantage to everyone that doesn't buy it, which ruins the game.

Not to mention starting with gear would make the game extremely boring, wouldn't it? I love gearing up 10x more than actually having gear already.

Oh, I have no problem with why they are doing it, it just that seems that you aren't getting a very big bang for your buck.