Sign in to follow this  
Jennynot

ARMA2: operation Arrowhead not completing installation on Steam

Hi,

I recently had to reinstall all my steam games, including ARMA2. Downloaded and installed everything else fine, installed ARMA 2 fine. Then tried to download and install Operation arrowhead. It downloaded up to 60% or so and then went to 'update paused'. I then pressed 'play' hoping to un-stall it, and it continued up to 90-odd % then gave me the error "an error occured while updating ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead (disk write error).

As I said, have installed multiple other games without issue, there's 100Gb space free on the disk... I've used steam to delete the files from the disk and try this download/install process three times now with the same result. No idea what's going on ;s

does anybody have any ideas?

Edited by Jennynot

I've run disk utility on mac which says it's fine, is the a windows equivalent to disk utility?

Plus, like i said, it downloaded and installed 5+ other games without issues..

"Disk Write Error"

Either hardware preventing data being copied or software (run-as admin?) prevented permissions from being given?

Perhaps, after installing Arma II..Play it, set your graphics/audio/controls. Install OA/CO there-after.

Hi, thanks for the advice - I ran checkdisk all yesterday - but the problem is still occuring :(

BLUNT_ZEPHYR you are da man. Seriously - that was it - run the first one first, then download/install the second one... oops. Thanks!!

dammit I just lost my Saturday for nothing >.<

I am having almost the exact same problem, it installs up to 60% then gives me the same error, except for its happening for Arma 2 for me. I also have bought operation arrowhead but bought them both at once, think that might be the problem. Idk what to do. Please help. Im running win7 64 bit