Sign in to follow this  
Symthic

Why Was Soldier Clothing Removed?

I've heard that it used to be findable, but have been unable to find it. Most of the discussions I've heard come from mid 2012, so I assume it has been totally phased out by then.

Why? It could have been a useful item in the game. Somewhat camoflauged, but not as good as the Ghillie Suit., and perhaps it could have given some resistance to bullets? Would be good to use in raids or combating bandits. This would certainly be a flavorful addition to the game.

But right now all we have is Civilian Clothes and the Ghillie Suit, with the Ghillie Suit being leaps and bounds ahead of the standard clothing. Having the Soldier Clothing would add a bit more strategy, don't you think?

Somewhat camoflauged, but not as good as the Ghillie Suit.,

Camo-Clothing is really usefull but not as good as the Ghillie Suite.

I like the thing with bulletproof clothing but it would be hard to handle this.

Camo-Clothing is really usefull but not as good as the Ghillie Suite.

I like the thing with bulletproof clothing but it would be hard to handle this.

Not really, seeing hero camo comes with a perk that helps with low-tier pistols.

Solider clothing is terrible on chernarus, Have you seen the color for it the green stands out so much literally,

alright say you put a dot of blue in Hunk's eye (your avatar OP) most of us will notice it some will completely miss it.

also I couldn't find a record of it being added or removed feel free to check yourself.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Changelog

I found camo clothing just days ago in a pub in cherno

@All the Camo Clothing posters:

Camo clothing isn't very helpful if your skin tone is light, though. The short sleeves reveal too much skin to make it really useful. Civilian Clothes would be even more helpful in some cases.

Solider clothing is terrible on chernarus, Have you seen the color for it the green stands out so much literally,

alright say you put a dot of blue in Hunk's eye (your avatar OP) most of us will notice it some will completely miss it.

also I couldn't find a record of it being added or removed feel free to check yourself.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Changelog

Props for knowing my avatar!

But yeah, I can't find anything in there about Soldier Clothes. I've tried playing on the Solo DayZ mod I've found and spawning them, but nothing happens. It's as if they've been removed entirely.

yeah camo cloths havent been removed they still spawn at crash sites some times and civilian but are lower % than guillie suit http://www.dayzwiki....uflage_Clothing although ive found alot of guille suits i dont think they are that rare as they spawn in churches and civilian buildings etc ive only ever seen camo at crash sites

Edited by Jimeeh

As far as I know, soldier clothing was never in vanilla DayZ. Just clever hackers putting it in buildings to get people accused of being hackers.