Nefarious (DayZ)

Would DayZ exist without The Walking Dead?

I brought this particular subject up in another thread about DayZ not being made without the mainstream success from TWD tv show. I assumed others would concur, however, this was not the case. I feel zombies have always been a cult/niche market despite the fact that I am huge fan of the genre.

What do you guys think? Would we have DayZ without The Walking Dead tv show?

Ofcourse we would, these 2 things are not related to each other, except for the zombie apocalypse ofc. Anyway, the last 2 seasons sucked balls.

I believe if it were not for the first black ops and its zombie mode, zed's in game wouldn't be where there at today.

I hate Black ops btw, haha.

Yes.

Zombie mods have been in arma since arma itself came out. DayZ was inspired by Chernarus Apocalypse, and chernarus apoc is just another Arma zombie mods.

I believe if it were not for the first black ops and its zombie mode, zed's in game wouldn't be where there at today.

I hate Black ops btw, haha.

Aside from the fact that I disagree with Call of Duty having anything to do with DayZ or any of the rest of the zombie craze, World at War had Nazi Zombies before Black Ops did.

Zombies have been present in this series of games ever since Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

(Nogova Virus, Zombie Holdout, etc)

This game came about purely by Deans desire for a survival simulation; the original concept was more about the survival aspects, and not purely about zombies, as far as I know.

DayZ can very well become the next WAW or BLACK OPS ZOMBIE MODE because there has been speculation that if one million copies of the standalone were sold they would be thinking of moving it to xbox, Maybe even PS3.

Zombie apocalpse and survival has been around long before the walking dead. Infact even the comic book is considered late in the zombie scene, only coming out in 2003.

Of course it bloody would lol

The walking dead looks to me they nick ideas from DayZ!!

Edited by ManiacMike69

The walking dead looks to me they nick ideas for DayZ!!

That's a lil far fetched.

...there has been speculation that if one million copies of the standalone were sold they would be thinking of moving it to xbox, Maybe even PS3.

I'm afraid that's all it is pal. One person said this and a bunch of other people have jumped on board.

Not only is there no credible information on that front, but it wouldn't translate well... especially when you take complex controls and the limited options an Xbox360/PS3 controller offers, into account.

That's a lil far fetched.

Not only far fetched, but completely chronologically incorrect.

Edited by mzltv

I'm afraid that's all it is pal. One person said this and a bunch of other people have jumped on board.

Not only is there no credible information on that front, but it wouldn't translate well... especially when you take complex controls and the limited options an Xbox360/PS3 controller offers, into account.

Rocket said that if the SA did well they would consider it.

What the fuck? TWD and DayZ have nothing in common. I have always loved zombie survival stuff and DayZ was the first game to do it right, so I got it.

Gonna say it again, TWD is an entertaining TV Show and it's not about surviving in the woods.

What the fuck? TWD and DayZ have nothing in common. I have always loved zombie survival stuff and DayZ was the first game to do it right, so I got it.

Gonna say it again, TWD is an entertaining TV Show and it's not about surviving in the woods.

Erm they go on loot runs and nearly the whole of season 1 was in woods

The guy who wrote the comic said he only added zombies to get a larger audience for his human dramas. So he just jumped on the zombie bandwagon too. I don't know much about the comic, but I hated the acting, the dialogue and every moment of the series, I wanted all of these morons to die, so I didn't have to listen to all the stupid day time bickering and whining.

I always figured if you added zombies to anything, I'd love it unconditionally, WarZ and Walking Dead proved me wrong.

Edited by Dallas

No it's not lol that heli crash in series 2 was took right out from DayZ

You're either a troll or dim.

WD stole from a game that was released after the writing of the series in question? A series that is lifted, partially, from a comic book series...

Rocket said that if the SA did well they would consider it.

He did?!

I can imagine it being dumbed down loads if it does.

He did?!

I can imagine it being dumbed down loads if it does.

Yeah I agree, can't see it translating terribly well.

You're either a troll or dim.

WD stole from a game that was released after the writing of the series in question? A series that is lifted, partially, from a comic book series...

I'm both and I'm just saying, its my option now fuk off

I'm both and I'm just saying, its my option now fuk off

Opinion.

Entitled to it, however it is wrong.

Edited by Dankine

Hahaha, what a beautiful sign-off line to a structured debate Mike.