fermentedfish

Will the custom maps work in the SA?

Hello!

Long time lurker here.

I have been playing alot of Taviana and Namalsk lately and it struck me, when the standalone gets out, I won't be able to play those maps.

I'm pretty sure they won't work off the bat, but will it be an easy job for the map designers to move their maps over to the standalone, or will they have to redo practically everything?

They will not work for the alpha version of DayZ SA because they wont support them (Yet), but further into the developing this might be possible, and yes. The loot table will have to be re-done on these maps then.

Edited by voddler
  • Like 1

they should release dayz sa with 1-2 more maps so they can focus on fixing the upcoming bugs etc etc in the first months of the game,instead of adding more maps cause chernarus is pretty boring

They will not work for the alpha version of DayZ SA because they wont support them (Yet), but further into the developing this might be possible, and yes. The loot table will have to be re-done on these maps then.

Thanks for your answer. Just as I thought.

No matter what, I'm super hyped for the SA release. :)

they should release dayz sa with 1-2 more maps so they can focus on fixing the upcoming bugs etc etc in the first months of the game,instead of adding more maps cause chernarus is pretty boring

I think Chernarus is the best map for DayZ and now that it'll be extended I think it'll be way better than before. It took almost 2 years to make Chernarus for Arma 2. That's a long time making a map but that's how we got an extremely detailed map for a great mod as well. I played DayZ since April and I still find it one of the best maps after all.

Thanks for your answer. Just as I thought.

No matter what, I'm super hyped for the SA release. :)

I think we all are, I think we're all exited to experience SA. And the more we wait, the more we will get ;)

Chernarus plus is the original map in the standalone alpha which has expanded city and military area's the works, I suggest you do your research before calling chernarus boring.

Edited by burritoman259

Dudde I still haven't covered the whole map. I cannot wait for the SA as it's like going to be impossible to find people which makes PVP so more risky and fun :)

It's pretty much a death sentence not to support them, people will stick with the mod for that reason, I don't know any one who plays public servers, we're all on private hives because we're bored of Chernarus. I have no idea why they're sticking to Chernarus, they aren't changing much, only fleshing out building interiors and what not, the map will be the same.

It's pretty much a death sentence not to support them, people will stick with the mod for that reason, I don't know any one who plays public servers, we're all on private hives because we're bored of Chernarus. I have no idea why they're sticking to Chernarus, they aren't changing much, only fleshing out building interiors and what not, the map will be the same.

I'm sure that people will still play the MOD for the additional maps, but it's far from "a death sentence" not to support them. People will play on Chernarus+ even if they don't enjoy the current version as much as others, simply because they'll want to get the many improvements that the standalone is going to bring.

You might not enjoy Chernarus, or know people who do. But, plenty of us are still enjoying it on the main hive. I myself play exclusively on the main hive to this day, and I never have a problem finding ample amounts of full servers. There are also plenty of private hives running the Chernarus map, so that kind of goes against your statement about people going to private hives because they're sick of the map. Fact is people flocked to private hives due to hacking & some people not enjoying the DayZ mod as it was designed to be played.(24/7 daylight, side chat, starting gear, etc)

Assuming that putting interiors in every building will add little to the map is pretty naive. People avoid a lot of the smaller towns because there are currently so few buildings to loot or hide in. When every building can be entered and looted, the traffic around the map will drastically change and the way the map plays out will change as a result. Not to mention they're adding completely new areas and setting a more apocalyptic tone overall.

Edited by bad_mojo

1. I have been playing alot of Taviana and Namalsk lately and it struck me, when the standalone gets out, I won't be able to play those maps.
  2. I'm pretty sure they won't work off the bat, but will it be an easy job for the map designers to move their maps over to the standalone, or will they have to redo practically everything?

1. Not initially, but with time the private hives and modded maps will be opened up for the community, as Rocket stated. Expect it to happen closer to Beta release or Final release.
  2. Basically TOH engine supports all Arma2 content without major modifications. So no big rework needed. Rocket told it's a pretty straightforward importing process and mostly fully compatible content.

Aside from what was already posted above me, the game will be significantly different from what we are currently experiencing.

Diseases, competent zombies, more varied and appropriate hardware just for starters.

The way we play will be very different, here is something you can experience right now. Run across a field from one side of a forest to another. Now do the whole trek again carefully as if your life depended on it. You gain a intimate respect for every rise and fall in the terrain, the bushes, everything beyond the key landmarks most obvious to the eye.

My point being that while you may have ran everywhere in cherno but that doesn't mean you have experienced it, and I am imagining that the world will be less forgiving than it already is and we will have to adjust accordingly.

Edited by Bricks