Sign in to follow this  
midgetnamedgordo

Is the standalone worth it for low end computers?

The main reason I wanted to buy the standalone was because it was said they would have better performance for low budget gamers.... I just read this off rockets post on the standalone and it was quite dissapointing. "The game is heavily optmized, our three programmers are the people who made the engine, there WILL be some problems, at least for the first three months but most of that will be server oriented, most fps improvements at client end will probably be soaked up by graphic improvements."

Would there be a point of buying the standalone if I'm still going to get the 8-25 frames i get now?

Hello there

The SA will have pretty much the same impact as A2+dayz on your system once complete. As to FPS performance, we just don't know at this stage.

Should you get the SA once it's released? Well, really that's only for you to decide. Your best bet is to wait and see, check reviews and then have a think about it.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Indeed, as someone who has a computer capable of playing the game with good performance, I welcome the increase in graphics or zombie numbers which offset the gains made by optimizations.

If you want to play a pc game and get good performance, you need to get yourself a good gaming pc, simple as that.

• Like 1