leadergorilla

what do you guy think a bandit is?

so i wanna know what the good people of the dayz forums think what a bandit is. Do you think a bandit only kills for fun or do you think true bandits kill to loot?

both but mostly for loot

Edited by Candylol

I would say what i really think they are but i would have to give myself a warning point for abuse.

Bandits are kill seekers, that's where they get their hit from, mowing down anything that moves....

• Like 1

hmm a bandit is a player or group of players that kill pretty much every human player they see wether there is loot or not. if there is loot they will take it but if it means they might get killed they will leave it. bandits are murderers that have no rules or will never know love.

i like bandits with hatchets

they are funny

true story

• Like 2

hmm a bandit is a player or group of players that kill pretty much every human player they see wether there is loot or not. if there is loot they will take it but if it means they might get killed they will leave it. bandits are murderers that have no rules or will never know love.

i mean what are your rules on banditry. Edited by leadergorilla

I wish bandits would be a bit more imaginative.

I've got no problem getting killed if it is done in an original way.

Snipers - nothing but pussies. Come at me with a hatchet, toe to toe.

• Like 3

In my opinion, a true bandit is just a survivor who isn't afraid to kill and maybe rob for vehicles/gear (which is how I play). Those that kill for fun, that sit on a hill watching elektro with an as50, missing 20 shots to hit one freshspawn and then alt f4 when someone sneaks up behind them with a makarov are just pussies.

Edited by Angryofficer

so i wanna know what the good people of the dayz forums think what a bandit is. Do you think a bandit only kills for fun or do you think true bandits kill to loot?

Definition of BANDIT

1: plural also ban·dit·ti : an outlaw who lives by plunder; especially : a member of a band of marauders

2: robber

3: an enemy plane

(merriam-webster)

Here is another definition that I think better fits Day Z

ban·dit

n.

1. A robber, especially one who robs at gunpoint.

2. An outlaw; a gangster.

3. One who cheats or exploits others.

4. Slang A hostile aircraft, especially a fighter aircraft.

Idiom:

make out like a bandit Slang

To be highly successful in a given enterprise.

(The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language)

Edited by Col. Kurtz
  • Like 1

A "Bandit" is a player that will strategically place himself into a good position where he can kill other players FOR A PURPOSE.

Those who sit on sniper hill with an AS50 and simply fire at fresh spawns and blow up vehicles driving by for the fun of it do not even have the right to call themselves a decent player, much less a bandit. They are mediocre CoD players at best. I consider a Bandit to be a good player. They are smart, cunning, and think of creative and tactical ways to bring down their enemy.

All of the spawn killers and kill-counters can go drive their UAZs into Chyornaya Bay for all I care. They are useless and add nothing to the game besides a headache.

All the true Bandits can and should continue to play the way they know to play. With skill and strategy. You add the aspect of human fear that this game thrives on. Everyone else, (CoD Kill-Counters) I hope you cut your hands on a rusty can of beans and die a slow, painful death of tetanus.

Okay off my soap-box :P

• Like 2

im a pure bandit if it moves i kill it :lol: many servers i go on im a top killer but i dont use snipers !!! they are for lows who dont move and often just kill new spawns :rolleyes:

i try many different alternatives for killing people and even killing people with there own weapon and with no weapons :lol:

one of my favs is axeing people but i axe them just enough to break legs thn grab them and sit on them and laugh at them while they bleed out :D you cant bandage while being grabbed and often ended in much swearing or hilarity :lol:

i do get killed but i dont mind it as long as one they arnt just spawn raping nabs with high powered weapons. that isnt skilled or anything its just low.

on the old churno map me and some other guys when had helicopters would arrange axe fights on big busy servers in electra super market. we would fly in in heli drop on and fight in back carpark like men :lol: would be great fun 20 people just sat there with every weapon under sun just standing there while two bandits axe fight each other

• Like 1

i mean what are your rules on banditry.

I think i answered that as well when i said they have no rules.

Hahaha reminds of a game me and two mates had a couple of days ago in dayz+. we owned cherno with hatchets it was one of the most fun times i have had playing dayz. chasing one guy who swam out to see to avoid us (but one of us did hit him and he bled to death in the ocean) but that one led to another one on the docks and he led us to a boat load of people but they shit themselves and drove off. and so on.

A bandit in DayZ is someone who has chosen to survive by taking from other survivors. Banditry takes many forms, and can include burglarizing tents or vehicles or robbing other survivors at gunpoint. The latter is usually forsaken in favor of killing survivors for their gear because it's almost always safer than robbing them and you can then have your choice of all their loot instead of just what you know they have. For example, you have no way of knowing if a player is carrying NVGs if they are not wearing them.

Edited by carpenatedbevrage

Kill for food,water,meds mainly but I have also helped out others if I was able to. Also mainly kill people travelling in group rather than single individuals.

I define a bandit as a person that kills people without them attacking first for the purpose of taking their loot. If they kill for the thrill of it rather than the loot, they aren't really bandits. However, I don't really have a term for these kinds of people other than "jerks".

I define a bandit just... SCUUUMMBBAAAG <_<

I take what i want from those that ive killed, if you may have something i want, ill play with you, get you running and kill you when you are confused. I like traps too. Make a lot of Z kills in one spot, drop something of value close by, and on a Z if i have a satchel charge, ill wait until some interest is shown, and blow it when someone goes for the loot. If they are part f a group, then ill use the confusion caused by the blast to pick them off, one at a time. Also like the"help me" card to be played. Lots come eventually. Then you are just another notch in the woodwork of my AK. The amount of times ive tracked people down by their loose lip conversations in side chat almost makes it too easy . .

• Like 1

I'd say there's three types of "bandits";

Bandits, who kill for loot,

Murderers, who kill anyone, even unarmed survivors,

And desperate survivors who really need those beans you got in your backpack.

I am a Bandit till i have what i want to have. I need ammo, food und weapons. Everyone could be the one surviver who owns what i want and nobody will give it away. So i have to take it on my way...

• Like 1

Bandits are kill seekers, that's where they get their hit from, mowing down anything that moves....

not necessarily. you don't have to kill someone to relieve them of their burdens, so to speak. some bandits see more fun in leaving the would-be victim barely alive, with no supplies, wondering "why the f*ck didn't he just finish the job..?!"

I don't know if I am a bandit or not. I kill people because I don't trust people, not because I want their stuff. Sadly, this leaves me with no ammo when I keep killing people at the beach. ._.