Botelho31

Wait for SA or buy Arma 2:CO that is the question

Wait until you find it on a steam deal if you really are a penny pincher like me (and that's frequently), but I can honestly say this game is the bees knees and well worth the £12.50 I paid for Arma 2: CO.

Day Z really did beat my expectations and I waited a hell of a long time to get it. Plus you'll be waiting a while for standalone, and you'll appreciate it a whole lot more when it comes out.

I want it now like everyone else but sometimes circumstances arise you can't control. Currently I think Bohemia is going through a tough time. I have no doubt they will get through it but you can be sure it has caused a big delay on the project. I hope they take their time and release SA id style "when it's done" because honestly it has the potential to be one of the best games ever. Bohemia knows this and I'm sure they will put as much effort as they can moving forward. I just don't see this coming out any time soon. I would say another 9 months for an actual release at best. Assuming the situation resolves itself over there they will still need some time off probably. I mean maybe maybe not but I just don't see what good putting pressure on them to release early will accomplish.

Once they get their boyz home they will probably want to go for a drink and hash stuff out. Personal issues aside I hope they get their lives back and things return to normal. Then we will have a better idea of what to expect. Best of wishes.

I found this game by pure dumb luck. I am a predominantly console gamer, and was feeling burnt out with all the Halo I've been playing recently, and wanted a change of pace. I woke up Saturday morning, and was kind of having a fix to shoot zombies, so I googled around looking for some highly rated zombie games to load on my laptop. Since I am not typically a PC gamer, I was pretty out of the loop about what was available. I wanted something that gave the ambiance of The Walking Dead. A game where staying alive was not a given, and resource management was an important aspect of the game. I was shocked after about an hour of reading reviews of different games and "best zombie games" lists, when I stumbled into a review of DayZ about 3/4 of the way down a page I was reading.

It seemed to have everything I wanted in premise, but I was very skeptical, as it was just a mod of an FPS that I had never even heard of before. That, and my laptop is not exactly a gaming juggernaut. I thought, screw it, how much does it cost? If it's cheap, I'll give it a whirl. Just so happened that Arma II:CO was on sale on Steam for $14.99 for another day and a half. I went ahead and purchased it. It took a while to install and load, and get set up, but that's OK, because it was a day of playoff football, so I was content with not having immediate access.

When it was all said and done, I got into the game, started figuring things out. Got killed many times and got the hang of how to play, and am now really loving it. I've bought a lot of games in my life. This is easily the best $15 I've ever spent on gaming.

The SA can only get better, but I would strongly advise you to get the mod if you can in the meantime.

they asked a lot of questions about the bugs and the stand alone and it sounded like they still need to fix a lot of bugs and some of them might even take a total start up from scratch to be done(some might even be impossible to fix).and something i laughted about was that he sad he would increase the speed of zombies

It's good the speed of zombies of the zombies are being increased. It'll make them more difficult.

In my opinion, at least, I like it.

It's good the speed of zombies of the zombies are being increased. It'll make them more difficult.

In my opinion, at least, I like it.

I like multiple speed zombies including zombies with missing limbs etc etc. Need a nice variety to keep people having fun and trying to stay alive. Would also be nice if the handguns did more damage to the zombies. I would love to see some blood and chunks also heh. Imagine Dead Island zombies lol that would be damn cool. Ragdoll with physics oh my :)

I like multiple speed zombies including zombies with missing limbs etc etc. Need a nice variety to keep people having fun and trying to stay alive. Would also be nice if the handguns did more damage to the zombies. I would love to see some blood and chunks also heh. Imagine Dead Island zombies lol that would be damn cool. Ragdoll with physics oh my :)

I loved the Dead Island zombies, hahaha. Imagine having a Ram in DayZ.

guys thanks for the suggestions and i think im gonna buy the mod now and play it even when the standalone is out (gonna buy both)as a 14 year old spoiled son of a bitch i dont have money problems and as for the zombie speed i think it should have something to do with zombie life circle as rocket sad so young zombies fast and old zombies slow anyways thanks for the tips.

Edited by Botelho31

I'd say by both too, people have been asking this question since October or something, a whole fiscal quarter has passed since lol.

Now there is an oxymoron if I've ever used one!