Sign in to follow this  
hysterz

Which system requirement u think for the standalone?

Matt Lightfoot, Bohemia Interactive Production Assistant working on DayZ said that it should be around the same as the DayZ mod.

The game itself runs better but rather than leave it running a bit better they took the opportunity to add lots more features into the game.

Edited by Rossums
  • Like 1

It is going to be less than or same as arma 2 oa

no need to think anything

Edited by h3retic

At the moment DayZ runs terribly. It's as unoptimized as humanly possible. You start out with 40 fps but after an hour it drops to 15 and you have to restart your pc. Almost the same with ArmA 2 OA, so let's hope the bohemia engine they're using doesn't have memory leaks.

I hope it needs a beast computer so i have a reason to buy one :D

Looking for options right now. It will be optimized better so i think it wont need one.

Well tbh i've just built a pc which runs it on 90 fps so doesn't bother me, although I wouldn't mind it if it ran better :)

At the moment DayZ runs terribly. It's as unoptimized as humanly possible. You start out with 40 fps but after an hour it drops to 15 and you have to restart your pc. Almost the same with ArmA 2 OA, so let's hope the bohemia engine they're using doesn't have memory leaks.

You need to keep your computer in a more stable and healthy condition.

Don't blame it on the engine if you have such problems, if you start with 40 fps and drops down to 15 fps the problem is with your machine.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/116479-interview-with-matthew-lightfoot/page__st__40#entry1102050

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 1

Oh really? So 1000's of people have unhealthy PC's? I'm not the only one experiencing this, google it a bit. The engine is terribly optimized and you can't try to defend it because it's nothing but the truth. I experience no slow downs whatsoever in any other games.

Edited by ShadowsFall

Oh really? So 1000's of people have unhealthy PC's? I'm not the only one experiencing this, google it a bit. The engine is terribly optimized and you can't try to defend it because it's nothing but the truth. I experience no slow downs whatsoever in any other games.

You don't know what your talking about. Listen to the people with tags saying "DayZ Forum Team". They know what they're talking about.

Boneboys is right, it sounds like your PC is clogged up with dust and overheating...

Software that keeps you system clean is your friend :)

Also yes it could be overheating aswell but that should be really easy to check.

It it was a software issue he most likely wouldn't be starting with high FPS and then gradually dropping over time. :)

Clean your fans, heatsink and GPU out. You can buy cans of compressed air that are good for getting all the dust out of your motherboard etc. too.

or maybe its just the server thats lagging more and more over time