Sign in to follow this  
Dayz Steve

Attributes that effect your Character

This subject has only been touched on, but not in the way I believe would benefit the game. I know people want different skins, what if being a fat guy, but what if having a fat guy meant something?

What I propose is having attributes that physically define your character;

Being fat means your character is slower but takes more damage but requires more food.

a small character is harder to hit but is faster but has less health and requires less food.

Being strong would allow your character to carry more have extra health but be easer to hit.

Having a old character would give your character a map (because they know things), but would be slower and having less health.

NONE of these attributes would effect player skill but would push it more and in some chases make the game more difficult.

G

i dont like the idea of predefined things, but what about "evolution" of your character. lets say if you eat alot (more than you need to not be hungry) then your character gets added weight over time. this in turn would make him slower. if you run a lot your legs get stronger and you can run a bit faster/longer without having to take a rest. if you built many things (like a things for a base) your arms (and upper body) get stronger and you can carry a bit more. ofc this progression should be slow and not within a few days.

my 2 cents

So a woman skinned player could just stand there and scowl at you until your a shivering wreck?

Or if she is front heavy she will suffer from a bad back?

So you mean adding character classes into the game..no.

As they start,each player should be equal with everyone else.The decisions and actions you make in the game should define your character and that includes your idea.Not spawn with a fat guy,spawn normal,eat alot and get fat :D .Don't eat,get skinny...

Edited by VldZ

No I dont mean adding character classes, just an attribute system.

i dont like the idea of predefined things, but what about "evolution" of your character. lets say if you eat alot (more than you need to not be hungry) then your character gets added weight over time. this in turn would make him slower. if you run a lot your legs get stronger and you can run a bit faster/longer without having to take a rest. if you built many things (like a things for a base) your arms (and upper body) get stronger and you can carry a bit more. ofc this progression should be slow and not within a few days.

I like that idea! thats more like itI