Scutticus

Can I run DayZ with my specs?

I really want to buy and play Arma 2 purely for this mod, but will these specs allow it:

Model: Acer Aspire 5733

Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU M 370 2.40GHz

Memory: 4Gb

Graphics: Intel HD

Hard drive Space: 500gb

I don't want no max video settings, just a playable Frame rate...

Ugh, I am not sure if it will run at all but dont expect a playable frame rate even at very low settings. Reason: you have no gpu and an outdated laptop proccesor wich was low end when it came out.

His CPU is a much smaller issue than the fact that he has no "real" graphics card.

Yeah i check that site, all pass but my video card...i knew when i got the laptop it was a bad move....gutted...

In a nutshell, no way. Not even on the lowest possible settings.

Before you buy anything: download Arma 2 Free. It's available on Steam (Arma 2 > Demo).

This will give you a good idea of how Arma 2 will perform on your PC.

I gave it a go, and found it played reasonably well considering how horrible most games i play (for example world of tanks) usually play.

I did the benchmark scenarios and found my average FPS was 20. Should I buy the game? xD

In one word, no. You would run arma 2 at 15 fps~ maybe. 15 fps is not playable. At least i wouldn't xD

Yeah, don't buy it till you get a better comp. Arma II Free has reduced graphics, so regular Arma II will run even worse. Sorry man :(

It would be more accurate to say that DayZ requires more than Arma free.

I guessed as much, never mind I suppose....besides, once the mod develops into beta or out of mod and into a game, i should have a much better PC and enjoy it more...

Against most peoples judgement, i bought it and it plays averagely, but to a level i can play with. Within first 3 minutes, 50 zombies chasing me. Found a warehouse with a double barrel and 4 shots in, took a few out and gave them the slip thanks to the slow down inside. Went into the nearby town all sneaky, bout to loot a barn and...i took 2 shots to the face from i guy i was yet to see...overall survival time, about 40 minutes...AND I DON'T CARE, love this game :D

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if you think my laptop with the following specs could run DayZ and on how good a quality.

Acer Aspire Timeline M3

Intel i5 Dual Core 1.6GHz (sandybridge 2)

GeForce 640M 1GB

4GB RAM

I did notice even on normal settings, when i was moving the mouse from left to right there was a blurring effect. Now this ultrabook has a good (new) graphics chip in it so wondered if this is normal. The game is 2 years old and I thought my machine would be able to keep up. Installed a beta of the latest nvidia drivers so maybe that's what is wrong?

1. ARMA has never been known to be a "standard" game in terms of what it requires to run it smoothly. It isn't really optimized so it uses more power to show less (put in simple terms)

2. Laptops have never been known for their game capabilities - the graphics cards in them are taken down a notch or three from their desktop counterparts due to the cooling issues.

3. The blurring effect is called "Motion Blur". It is common in most modern shooters - Pretty sure you can disable it in the settings.

4. Beta drivers usually work better than "usual" ones for newer games - for older (a year or older) games it usually doesn't help much if anything.

1. ARMA has never been known to be a "standard" game in terms of what it requires to run it smoothly. It isn't really optimized so it uses more power to show less (put in simple terms)

2. Laptops have never been known for their game capabilities - the graphics cards in them are taken down a notch or three from their desktop counterparts due to the cooling issues.

3. The blurring effect is called "Motion Blur". It is common in most modern shooters - Pretty sure you can disable it in the settings.

4. Beta drivers usually work better than "usual" ones for newer games - for older (a year or older) games it usually doesn't help much if anything.

Thanks mate. Bought this laptop because the graphics chip on it is excellent for laptops from what I hear. Don't expect it to be awesome at games but decent enough :-)