Sign in to follow this  
LilBambi

What would you do in a close engagement?

52 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do in most situations if you met another player?

• Kill him (in self defense)
    • Kill him (to loot)
    • Run away (to avoid death)
    • Run away (to avoid having to kill)
    • Talk it out (in good spirit)
    • Talk it out (to betray him later on)
    • Other (please specify)

You knew this would be a quick loot. Get the goods, then get out. Try not to get shot. All is going well as you are heading out, when suddenly, a glimpse of movement crosses the corner of your eye. You swivel your gun in the direction and then it hits you. The gaze of another player meets yours. You gasp. Your eyes widen. For a moment, nothing else matters but what you do in the next few seconds.

Are you going to kill him?

Are you going to run away?

Or are you going to lower your weapon and shake his hand?

Depends on a number of things:

1. Does he have a gun

2. Does he have good gear

3. Is his gun better than mine

4. What gear do I have

to me it's more important the location and the number of players on. when there are more than 10 players it becomes CoD and i'm orientend towards shooting everyone. if it's a big town or a military spot...what i have on me and what he has..said like you posted, sometimes i shoot and sometimes i don't. happened to me what you said in stary and we both survived

Well. For those situations where it is a standoff, you both know you are in the area, but neither know where eachother are or if you are truly friendly. Take no chances. Blast him

To be honest the poll is a bit over the top. It should just be three options. Kill, Retreat, Talk. Simple as that. I mean kill in self defense and kill to loot being separate options? Please tell me any DayZ player who kills someone in self defense and DOESN'T loot the corpse?

When he takes me by complete surprise, my tactic is to shoot him in the head. This has happened everytime someone armed has ran around a corner and pointed his gun at me :D

I will decide on what I would understand.

Is he a bandit?

Is he armed with a sniper?

Will he hinder my objective of survival?

Or my favorite.

Do I feel like it?

Probably say hello, how's it going, need a blood bag? If he/shes a dick, I'll probably be shot on sight.

To be honest the poll is a bit over the top. It should just be three options. Kill, Retreat, Talk. Simple as that. I mean kill in self defense and kill to loot being separate options? Please tell me any DayZ player who kills someone in self defense and DOESN'T loot the corpse?

The difference between the two options is that the first means your primary motivation is to kill the player in order to defend yourself; the latter means your primary motivation is to kill him in order to get to his loot. You can loot after you kill in self-defense. The difference is the mindset.

Depends on a number of things:

1. Does he have a gun

2. Does he have good gear

3. Is his gun better than mine

4. What gear do I have

Too many things to think about.

Is his gun pointed at me?

If yes, I shoot him. If no, I probably shoot him anyway because he could still point it at me in the next few seconds.

other.

I usually observe, staying in cover, if they stick around, I'll direct chat them and offer help.

Yes I get betrayed, yes I've met some great people. 1/2 the fun of this game is the interaction. Positive or negative i usually have fun with it. Although the self-righteous blowhards sap any enjoyment i am experiencing.

On the several occasions I've saw them before they've seen me I'll direct chat them, ask if friendly, if they say yes I ask them to bugger off because I don't want to team up, if they don't respond I'll keep an eye on them and be prepared to engage.

Recent record is that each person who I saw without being seen left very quickly without spotting me.

If I'm in a city, and I see someone, I'll literally back the f*ck up with my gun trained on them incase they tries taking any pot shots.

I did other, because I would talk too him, and would see how well we get on, and then decide if I killhim or not