Sign in to follow this  
deejay2900

Your First Kill

Just post how your first kill happened. How did you kill him. Why did you kill him. I just wanted to hear some stories.

My first kill was when my and my friend were looking for each other. He saw me and he was behind a tree leaning back and forth waiting for me to see him. I spot him and go up to him. About 4 seconds later someone runs right where I was before, he never did see me. Me and my friend did know what to do with such an easy target, whether to let him live or shoot him. We just decided to shoot him. He had an AKM and a few mags for it. I had a Winchester 1866 and my friend had a Lee Enfield. I just let my friend have the AKM. At the end we kind of felt kind of bad that we didn't let him go, I'm not sure why.

So whats your story?

i can't remember my first kill anymore :-( it was dirty and sad and cruel and i felt bad, but then you start feeling less everytime, everytime someone shoots you and you kill him, everytime someone axes you down...

• Like 2

Mine was back in the day when you would spawn with a Makarov, I think I was just a fresh spawn after dying, the sky was a dark purple colour as night fell, I look up from the shore to see 3 flare alight in a triangular pattern, then I hear shots ring out, I crouch down as I approach the crown of the hill, there I see a bandit crouched shooting at someone or something.

I bring up my iron sights and pop him straight in the head, instantly killing him.

Not sure if I had saved someone there, but if I did.

You're Welcome.

• Like 2

I just wanted to hear some stories.

Have you watched Cherno Journo's My First Murder series on youtube?

Edited by klesh

No, I have not.

Ugh, that's a bad link, I'm on mobile here. Standby. Fixed.

Edited by klesh

You probably watched that series with a cold six-pack of Pepsi Cola didn't you, you sick son of a bitch.

P.S. - We need revenge for last night.

• Like 2

I was traveling with a friend. We were at a Deerstand at Green mountain. My friend had a lot more game experience than me It was my second time on the Game.

Suddenly he shouted at me: "Lie down. There's a player. I'm going to sneak up on him and kill him".

So I lay down and began to shake. My friend has probably shown too early or was aiming too bad. He get killed.

He said to me: "stay down. He has not seen you yet, he will surely want to my body."

And the player actually walked in my direction. He had not noticed me until the end. I shot him.

I was really strong shaking.

My friend told me I should go to this players body to check his gear.

It was just a shame! I did not know how to take the gear. And then i get totally paranoid and ran away.

(sry for my bad English!)

• Like 3

Fixed the link above.

I was actually interviewed by the Cherno Journo after my first murder, though it was justified. He said it would probably be uploaded in mid-January.

Its a great channel that doesn't get nearly the recognition it deserves.

You probably watched that series with a cold six-pack of Pepsi Cola didn't you, you sick son of a bitch.

P.S. - We need revenge for last night.

So refreshing!

ciUhQ.jpg

PS - Yes, we really need to get them back. We should probably be a little more serious when we play, at least when the hunt is on. I love goofing off like we do, but it leaves us unawares sometimes.

Edited by klesh

I started playing before hatchets were introduced, but my first kill was a hatchet kill. A guy was crawling and then pointed an AKM at me, so I ran behind him and hacked him to death. Apparently, the guy didn't have any ammo for it and probably had a broken leg (Crawling)

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

Strange thing is for how much I lurk on this site this is one of the few times Ive posted anything.

Somehow I've managed to play the game almost daily since October without ever having to kill anyone...until yesterday.

I was on my way to Balota to meet a group of various "friendlies". Just outside of Cherno, near the construction zone on the outskirts to the east. I decided to try and make my way to the hospital in an attempt to pick up some blood bags, morphine, and various medical supplies. Just a minor stop along the way, "Ive done it before, no big deal" I tell myself. I began to approach a small shack just outside the construction zone. Being aware of my vulnerability - with the treeline a few yards away, I was completely exposed to snipers or anyone else who could be lurking nearby. I was crawling through the grass trying to avoid a small group of zombies when it happened.

That quick gray flash, the sudden shaking, and that unmistakable sign of being shot ran its way through body. Again, and again. Things went blurry and the world lost color. I turned around in the apparent direction of the shots.

I looked at the screen and via voice chat I hear something to the effect of "I'm gonna kill you f*cker" from a player we'll call "Kenneth". His voice revealed he was maybe twelve years old at most with that all too obvious obnoxious tone of those who feel completely protected via the screen between them and the virtual world. The first shot had broken a limb, the following rounds ran right through me. I was dying. Bleeding out. As the world began to blur I watched him approach me from the treeline holding a DMR or some other rifle, maybe an Enfield...at this point nothing mattered.

Before losing consciousness I turned around to face Kenneth as he stood over me, just staring blankly, probably looting my meager supply of freshly spawned items.

I was still alive and he didnt know it. Lying there face to face with my attacker I realized his greed and inexperience had gotten the better of him. He didn't wait for the inevitable buzzing of flies and stillness. He probably had no idea what he was doing. As my world blurred and the gray slowly overcame me I raised my 1911 and unloaded 7 rounds into young Kenneth, killing him instantly.

I had broken my vow of non-lethality in order to save my own life. I left a few choice words for Kenneth over side chat and crawled away on the verge of death leaving his young body and all his supplies where they laid. Needless to say I never made it to Balota. A few minutes later a Chopper landed and a group of hackers put me out of my misery. I thanked them and prepared to respawn.

Its strange the way DayZ makes us so aware of our mortality. Even more so it makes us aware of how easily we can take it from other players. I never wanted to be a killer. I never play with the sole purpose of hunting and killing others - I actually routinely make a point of announcing my intentions as a rescue/medic. In reality that usually ends with me getting shot on the way to administer morphine or a transfusion, my vulnerability and apparent weakness is painfully obvious.

In the end, I feel a strange satisfaction after killing Kenneth. No remorse, no twinge of guilt or regret. Now that I know the feeling of the kill there's part of me that wonders if or when it will happen again. That was my first kill - self defense against the young, blind, bloodthirsty rage of a young, inexperienced player in a rush for more loot or a better weapon. I suppose it really is kill or be killed out there. In my opinion these experiences and the lessons we learn from them are the very essence of DayZ. Like it or not, this is what we ask for when we enter the wasteland.

• Like 5

Mine wasn't too long after I started playing.

My buddies had been playing for a while before me but had just transitioned servers shortly before so we wanted to get a heli up and running. We were all geared out and the server was low pop so we said fuck it and three of us went to elektro to raid the industrial. One of my two friends went up on one of the big barrels to provide overwatch since there were some players on and me an the other friend proceeded to flip loot in all the industrial buildings.

Eventually we hear 1911 shots that weren't any of ours. The friend on overwatch located him pretty quick and just watched him since he only had the pistol. At one point while changing positions he gets spotted and the guy with the pistol starts running towards him. The overwatch took a few potshots at the guy and missed on them all (he is terrible with a sniper). Since I was closer to him I was already on my way when he inevitably told us he missed the guy. I got there just as the guy had started up a ladder to a barrel (not the correct one but the intent was clear). I laid into him with my Bizon sd and dropped him like a sack of potatoes. Then climbed the ladder to save myself from the hits of zeds the sniper shots had brought earlier. Even though he was a recent spawn, I didn't feel bad in the least.

Back in the day before cheaters exsisted, ladders was a gamble, and there were only a handfull of servers online and people actually played during nighttime, me and my brother went on to a trip to Berezino for the first time when we spot a flare in the distance. We watched it for quite some time before we decided to investigate. We see a dude running in and out of the northern-most appertments doing something so we figure its a trap to lure people in. We sneak closer and closer until we're about 70 meters or so away. I then get a glimpse of a second guy hiding inside the top floor and i know by now that its most definetly the entrance to a slaughterhouse.

About a minute later the first guy pops up onto the third floor balcony. Without thinking i fire two AKM shots, first in his chest the second to his head. He died instantly. I can remember i was shaking like hell, but i didnt feel any guilt because i felt we were in a dangerous position and they would kill us if they saw us. We went upstairs to check his body knowing there was a second guy there. He was waiting ontop with his crosshairs aimed downstairs at us. We exchanged fire and we were both hit. He took me to 6k blood in one hit with what i believe now was a m14, i panicked and ran downstairs to bandage up. Waited downstairs for a good 30 minutes or so (lol) before i dared to go upstairs, he nor the corpse was there. First kill and first combat logg in one encounter.

• Like 1

I was leaving Cherno, I was walking down the road in a vally. I climed up to the top and saw a femail character running. I panacked and fired a shit missing her. She went prone and I fired another hitting her and killing her. Her name was Kobalt.

• Like 1

Well, I have given my first kill story before, but I wish to give the story of my first kill that was NOT in self-defense.

I was looting the Elektro firehouse. Then went out the backdoor. Then the zeds started acting up - but not towards me. I knew something was wrong. I went back to the front, to find the door open. I had closed all the doors beforehand.

Then I thought I heard sniper fire on top of the building. I quickly went up to the top. I started climbing the ladder to the "sniper spot" . I went very slowly so as to not alert a sniper up there. Sure enough, I see a sniper on top. I was still on the ladder, so he couldn't see me, and he seemed to be shooting at someone, and I believed I heard him yelling at another survivor who he had shot at.

I think, what do I do? If I leave, he might shoot other players, and perhaps me. Disconnect? No, that's dishonorable, and he might have loot, I thought. He seemed absorbed in his sniper rifle, though. So I made my decision. I climbed up on top, and unloaded an AK-74 Kobra magazine into him.

Out of that, I got a ghillie suit (he couldn't wear it because his character model was female), map, compass, gps, rangefinder, other stuff, and an AS50.

How did I feel? Basically, "Hm, was that dickish move? Nah, he was shooting at other players, and I got all this stuff! He must be pissed, though."

• Like 1

Guy went on side chat saying if anyone was at light house, I said I saw the flare he threw at the light house. I then began crawling to the light house got to the ladder climbed up and said hi, I then proceeded to put my whole mag in his face while he said something in Spanish on side chat.

Edited by Deceptor
  • Like 1

A guy ran in the doorway right out in front of me and starting looking at stuff in the corner... I panicked and opened fire hitting him once in his mid section. He then dropped prone on the ground and tried to figure out where the shots were coming from. At this point it was to late for changing my mind about killing him. The deed had to be finished... Been a bandit ever since.

This all happened on the first floor of the abandon building west side of cherno.

• Like 1

I was looting a cafe in elektrovask on the second floor, I went to investigate and saw a bandit in the other room. I only had a makarov, which my friend claimed that it couldn't kill anyone, I put a bullet it the bandit's head and he died. That's about it nothing special, shot him.

• Like 1

I panacked and fired a shit missing her. She went prone and I fired another hitting her and killing her. Her name was Kobalt.

I'm glad that shit missed her, would've ruined her pretty dress. We've all been there before, am I right?
  • Like 2

I was in the radio tower that overlooks Cherno to scout where any survivors may be with my binoculars. I had a LMG on me and as I was looking through my binocs I hear the rattling of someone coming up the ladder, and sure enough he comes up there with me and swings a hatchet at me. Now if I were in his position, after seeing a guy holding some pretty big hardware like that, I would have ran out of there to make sure I didn't get in his way. But anyway, I unload at least 15 bullets into him and my humanity drops to about -2000, then of course I now have a bandit skin.

• Like 1

Strange thing is for how much I lurk on this site this is one of the few times Ive posted anything.

Somehow I've managed to play the game almost daily since October without ever having to kill anyone...until yesterday.

I was on my way to Balota to meet a group of various "friendlies". Just outside of Cherno, near the construction zone on the outskirts to the east. I decided to try and make my way to the hospital in an attempt to pick up some blood bags, morphine, and various medical supplies. Just a minor stop along the way, "Ive done it before, no big deal" I tell myself. I began to approach a small shack just outside the construction zone. Being aware of my vulnerability - with the treeline a few yards away, I was completely exposed to snipers or anyone else who could be lurking nearby. I was crawling through the grass trying to avoid a small group of zombies when it happened.

That quick gray flash, the sudden shaking, and that unmistakable sign of being shot ran its way through body. Again, and again. Things went blurry and the world lost color. I turned around in the apparent direction of the shots.

I looked at the screen and via voice chat I hear something to the effect of "I'm gonna kill you f*cker" from a player we'll call "Kenneth". His voice revealed he was maybe twelve years old at most with that all too obvious obnoxious tone of those who feel completely protected via the screen between them and the virtual world. The first shot had broken a limb, the following rounds ran right through me. I was dying. Bleeding out. As the world began to blur I watched him approach me from the treeline holding a DMR or some other rifle, maybe an Enfield...at this point nothing mattered.

Before losing consciousness I turned around to face Kenneth as he stood over me, just staring blankly, probably looting my meager supply of freshly spawned items.

I was still alive and he didnt know it. Lying there face to face with my attacker I realized his greed and inexperience had gotten the better of him. He didn't wait for the inevitable buzzing of flies and stillness. He probably had no idea what he was doing. As my world blurred and the gray slowly overcame me I raised my 1911 and unloaded 7 rounds into young Kenneth, killing him instantly.

I had broken my vow of non-lethality in order to save my own life. I left a few choice words for Kenneth over side chat and crawled away on the verge of death leaving his young body and all his supplies where they laid. Needless to say I never made it to Balota. A few minutes later a Chopper landed and a group of hackers put me out of my misery. I thanked them and prepared to respawn.

Its strange the way DayZ makes us so aware of our mortality. Even more so it makes us aware of how easily we can take it from other players. I never wanted to be a killer. I never play with the sole purpose of hunting and killing others - I actually routinely make a point of announcing my intentions as a rescue/medic. In reality that usually ends with me getting shot on the way to administer morphine or a transfusion, my vulnerability and apparent weakness is painfully obvious.

In the end, I feel a strange satisfaction after killing Kenneth. No remorse, no twinge of guilt or regret. Now that I know the feeling of the kill there's part of me that wonders if or when it will happen again. That was my first kill - self defense against the young, blind, bloodthirsty rage of a young, inexperienced player in a rush for more loot or a better weapon. I suppose it really is kill or be killed out there. In my opinion these experiences and the lessons we learn from them are the very essence of DayZ. Like it or not, this is what we ask for when we enter the wasteland.

The whole time I read this I was on the metaphorical edge of my seat! Great story man!
  • Like 1

I was leaving Cherno, I was walking down the road in a vally. I climed up to the top and saw a femail character running. I panacked and fired a shit missing her. She went prone and I fired another hitting her and killing her. Her name was Kobalt.

That is the funniest thing I have read on the forums xD

• Like 1

mine was accident i shot my mate in the face with a revolver (i was actually shooting a zombie and he run across my screen). we had a good laugh.

• Like 4