Sign in to follow this  
fanny wang

quite new to dayz but why..?

I know this as been possibly discussed numerous times but i can never seem to resolve my problem. Every time i respawn iam in a different location with none of my gear. Sometimes ive played for a good serveral hours and have managed to collect a few items ,then bang i log on next visit and back to square 1. I log off correctly and am using six launcher to run the game. This is getting very annoying and sometimes i just feel like not bothering with it at all. I have played warz which i dont mind but would sooner devote more serious playing time to dayz. I would be very grateful if anybody could give me some pointers as to what i might be able to do .....just a thought would uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it do any good?.Manythanks..

Are you sure you are playing on servers connected to the main hive? Main/official hive servers are connected and will save your gear, and you can switch between them. However, some servers have a private hive which only saves your gear on that server.

Make sure you connect back to the same server or servers using the official hive!

Do you play on the same server? cuz if you don't it wont save on unofficial servers....which on most of the servers :/

Your location and gear will only transfer between official servers. If you play on a private server, your gear will not go onto any other server. If you go on a public server, your gear will go to other public servers, but not onto private ones.

this might sound stupid, but sometimes i join a server from the six launcher server list, sometimes i join servers from the server list in the mod, if you know what i mean. i try to join the same server if i can but its hard to find the same server. Silly question again, can you save servers in the filter system or any other way

Use DayZCommander and you can favorite servers so you dont have to go searching for them.

I also need to know how you came up with the name fanny wang. I love it.

DayZ Commander shows your recently visited servers and allows you to save them as favourites.

If you use DayZ commander you can filter server and choose "Hide unofficial". That way all private hive servers will not be shown

If you use DayZ commander you can filter server and choose "Hide unofficial". That way all private hive servers will not be shown

For some reason I have found that certain private hives are marked as official servers (I found a DayZ Taviana private server that was listed even when I unchecked show unofficial servers). But yeah, make sure that you aren't going from private hives to the main hive or vice versa.

Are you using servers that are official if your not then its a private which only saves gear on one server

it sounds like dayz commander might be the way forward for me. Next stupid question, would i have to uninstall six launcher and six updater for me to be able to use dayz commander?

DayZ Commander really is the way to go. You can even keep notes on any given server. Helps a lot if you have multiple characters going.

well, i downloaded dayz commander and after a quick play with the settings discovered i could download all the the other dayz maps throught commander. i launched a game , and guess what ,i started with a character that i thought i had lost, with the few items that i had found previously. Hopefully everthing will be ok from now on. I would just like to say a big thankyou to all who offered soloutions to my original post and think that commander will be my prefered method of server selection in the future... THANKYOU ALL...

We had some trouble with running dayz commander so I mostly use 6. On both of these you can favorite or star the games that you're playing. When you look through the list and find a server you're going to try - star it BEFORE you log in and that way if you dont like that particular server you can get rid of the star but you're POSITIVE that you clicked on the one that you DO like.

I definitely think that you're logging into different servers and losing stuff that way.