Sign in to follow this  
JD10

Namalsk. Great map, but some things are rly annoying.

Hey. Me and my friends recently downloaded the map "Namalsk". It was really great, and fun at first, but then... Something really stupid happened.

Helicopters - They shoot infinite amout of missilies. This is impossible to avoid, and life isn't worth much in this server, since we keep getting killed by people in a chopper.

Earthquake thing - This is the worst thing I have seen. We keep getting this shake thing in our screen. Apparently everyone, everywhere gets this, and it's completely unavoidable. This is really unecessary, and it ruins the game experience on this map.

(If you wonder what the "earthquake" does, it basically damages all players in the entire Map around 10k blood, and is unavoidable.)

I wont include the blood suckers, since they're actually avoidable (thank god).

Uh EVR does 6000 damage, in the 0.73 build there is actually some warning first, and you can avoid taking damage as long as you're in (most) buildings.

The bunker doesn't count for some reason, but imo it should.

As for the helicopter, it's up to the server admin what vehicles are on his map.. on mine there are UH1H's instead.

I play a lot of namalsk and have never been hit by the EVR. I encountered the missle heli last night for the first time (and nearly ganked it). It could be pretty devastating but with this guy I just stood in a tree till he flew away.

The "earthquake" is basically the same as an emission wave from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat).

In the game, you get a small radio announcement that goes something like..

"Stalkers! An emission is approaching! Find cover immediately!"

And the sky keeps turning redder and redder, until eventually there's a huge blowout, which insta-kills EVERYTHING outside that hasn't had any kind of cover. This means that you can easily run into dead people on the roads and you might see birds still falling from the sky if you run straight outside after the blowout.

If you hadn't realized yet -- Namalsk is a map based on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, hence the addition/existence of Bloodsuckers, the earth anomaly at A1, and the bunker at A2. And Vorkuta is most likely implied to be Pripyat, the final area of the third game in the series.

The Helicopters (Ka60) does not have infinite missiles. I think It has a maximum of 38.

The Helicopters (Ka60) does not have infinite missiles. I think It has a maximum of 38.

its 14 missles.

EVRs were pretty dangerous when the only warning you had was the initial booming sound and 15-20 seconds after that to run to cover. Now they're pretty easy to avoid, as the thundering and streaking sounds give you more than enough time to get cover unless you're preoccupied with combat or heli piloting.

The Ka60 isn't much of a threat either, as the pilot will want to conserve missiles and usually won't fire at a target unless they know for sure its position.

Edited by Parasprite

You can still get screwed pretty easily if you're in the wildnerness when the emissions count down starts, but for the most part it is pretty avoidable.