Sign in to follow this  
ChazzH0le

DayZ Terrible Frames Per Second?

So I've been playing DayZ Since July, been a great mod for a great game and I've been enjoying it ever since. But last week as i try and play the game I'm getting around 1-20 FPS. (No Higher). I've tried looking into other topics on this website but nothing seems to be working. Some people say it's got to do with the new patch, but I've tried other earlier patches and that was not the problem for me. If anybody does know out there what seems to be the problem i would be grateful! Also i've even tried putting my settings to the very lowest ( both config and ingame ) but that wasn't the issue. I even put my resolution to 640x480 to see what happens and that never even worked!

have your gpu drivers changed may have been in a windows update

have your gpu drivers changed may have been in a windows update

I keep track, i've not changed any deep computer settings and i have not done any Windows Updates.

I have problems if say, I have eve running fullscreen, then pop dayz up over it. For some reason, Dayz will run very slow until I tab out, minimize eve, then go back to dayz fullscreen.

I know exactly what you mean, when I pause the game my FPS goes up to around 50-60 Fps! But when i un-pause everything goes back to hell, it's extremely strange!

I know exactly what you mean, when I pause the game my FPS goes up to around 50-60 Fps! But when i un-pause everything goes back to hell, it's extremely strange!

It may be the server.

It may be the server.

Nah, i've played various different servers. It's nothing to do with the server

This is most likely because of the nature of ArmA: 2. If you get decent fps now, as long as you don't try to go to 'max' settings on the DayZ SA, you should get decent fps. I have a med-high end gaming PC, custom built, and only get 30~50 fps while playing on mid-low settings. For now just tweak the game a bit by disabling grass, etc. You should be able to get better fps on the SA,

What i did when i got horrible fps was when playing Dayz, i opened Task manager, went to processes (or whatever it's called in english) and right clicked the arma2oa (or something similiar) and changed priority to High. Might not help others but sure helped me, got drops down to 10 fps before, hope it helps!

• Like 1

I had the same issue, if I walk straight or go into Menu (loads the minimum amount of objects) its all fine, but as soon as I turned around, it lagged.

Now what you do, go to Nvidia, Click on All Nvidia Drivers, search out your Graphicscard, and Download the recommended Build. Install it and tick the Fresh install when it asks what to install, make sure no game or video is running. Now when its freshly installed Restart immidiatly (Don't startup anything). Come back and u should be able to play Arma 2/DayZ again.

PS: I assume u have an Nvidia card cause I had the exact same problem.

What i did when i got horrible fps was when playing Dayz, i opened Task manager, went to processes (or whatever it's called in english) and right clicked the arma2oa (or something similiar) and changed priority to High. Might not help others but sure helped me, got drops down to 10 fps before, hope it helps!

Yeah this worked for me as well. I have a gaming rig that can max out Farcry 3, but Arma 2 is a beast on the cpu.

Make sure your video memory is set to "default" I've heard using other settings can be an issue.

Also try some of these links:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/90153-optimizing-dayz-for-those-with-low-end-pcs/

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,685770/Armed-Assault-2-Graphics-card-benchmarks-and-visual-quality-compared-Top-article-of-June-2009/Reviews/

http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-wargames/166804-arma-2-optimised-graphic-settings.html

Btw: Your English is pretty much on par with the average high school student on his/her leisure time.. I wouldn't have known it wasn't your first language if you hadn't made it clear. :)