Sign in to follow this  
Kire99

New player tutorial

I remember when I started playing Dayz. I didn´t know what to do so I had to watch all the beginner guides on youtube. That is why I think that Dayz should have a multiplayer tutorial as an option. The tutorial should at least include the inventory system, the chat and all controlls.

To make it very good make it like Arma 2 boot camp so you can shoose what you want to practice on.

Best left to video sites like youtube. It's going to be pretty pointless to make a tutorial in game for DayZ.

Controls, chat and inventory system, you should be able to learn all that in ArmA 2 bootcamp. DayZ features are fun to discover yourself though.

Hello there

There should be a basic "this is how you control your avatar and interact with the world" tutorial, but then one should be "dumped" in the Dayz world.

Just my HO.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I can't see the point of tutorial videos. When you spawn in on the coast you want to explore and investigate everything you come across. Having a tute' would spoil the adventure and spirit of the game.

I won't be watching any videos of DayZ SA like i did with MOD, there was so much spoiled by it. I ended up not watching videos of the newer maps and enjoyed the game much more so.

• Like 1

Wise words.

nice avatar.

No tutorail leraning to play is fun. As for learning the controls and such. There is a tutorial GO INTO ARMA AND GO TO BOOTCAMP!

And i disagree, part of the fun is discovering the game and making mistakes.

As long as those mistakes aren't quirks of the engine like "Where did my DMR go? Oh, I guess there were only 9 spaces in my pack." Or "So ATVs will launch themselves into the air and explode if you cross train tracks."

That said, you're absolutely right that DayZ should be learned by playing. It all adds tothe atmosphere. I'm just hoping for a bunch of new items and mechanics that people need to work hard to figure out again.

As long as those mistakes aren't quirks of the engine like "Where did my DMR go? Oh, I guess there were only 9 spaces in my pack." Or "So ATVs will launch themselves into the air and explode if you cross train tracks."

That said, you're absolutely right that DayZ should be learned by playing. It all adds tothe atmosphere. I'm just hoping for a bunch of new items and mechanics that people need to work hard to figure out again.

I have never managed to launch an ATV into the air and have it explode. But then again, by common sense, i have always slowed down when i cross an obstacle.

I guess the tutorial should be a single line stating "USE COMMON SENSE!"

As for the glitches and inventory quirks etc. That isn't really something for a tutorial to touch on but rather about the bugs being fleshed out.

In the meantime you could have a big red warning text that states there are quite a lot of bugs in the game, read the thread titled "BLAH BLAH" on the Dayz forums for information on the currently known glitches and how to avoid them. Or suffer the learning process!

(On a side note, i commonly lose weapons in my coyote pack because i forget i don't have enough room... It has almost... JUST ALMOST gotten to the point where i blame myself and not the game for it)