Sign in to follow this  
publius

Attachments

The DayZ should have attachments for guns. Each attachment should be attachable to many some or all guns. Each different attachment should spawn randomly in different parts of the map. Some examples are: Silencer, Forgrip, and Red Dot Sights.

There is a game like that. Its called WarZ. And DayZ is fine just the way it is.

Any reason you don't want to see attachments other then WarZ has them? ArmA 3 also has modular weapons, interchangeable scopes etc and since they have changed how the standalone engine deals with weapons it's possible we will see the same in the standalone.

Weapons and items are now “entities”. This means they are more object oriented in structure, allowing weapon customization, degradation - the possibilities become endless. This is a major, huge, shift in engine architecture.
Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Customising weapons is on of things being worked on for the SA. They've made each weapon it's own instance so that stats for that weapon as well as any customisations stay with that weapon for it's life time. Sexy stuff.

Edited by Fraggle

Cheers Mr Burrito, I forgot about that thread, some useful info in there.

Thank you Mr. fraggle got a good 10 minutes of laughter out of that,

just saw the raptor in the background he would have got me for sure.

I think they said weapon customization would be in standalone. I sure hope so, because sometimes I like to just use Iron sights and sometimes a scope is better so having the ability to add/remove a scope, silencer or a red dot sight would be usefull. It could also add to the loot table and decrease the value of some guns but increase the value of finding that ultra rare optic that everyone wants!

ultra rare optic that everyone wants? you sir didn't get what I was saying they are extremely rare as in probably as rare as an m136 rocket launcher which is removed in the next update but still extremely rare.