Sign in to follow this  
siew

will DayZ Standalone have a seperated hive?

hey fellow survivors and ugly bandits

first of all i could not find a topic about that, maybe i was searching for wrong keywords.

5 minutes of searching without any result i decided to start a new topic.

i want to ask, will there be a seperate hive for standalone or will the mod share the same database with the sa?

if it shares the same database, some hacking prevention will be useless because some hacker could spawn all he/she/it wants to have in the mod --> logging out --> logging into sa and will have all the stuff he hacked into the mod.

sure it will help against teleporting, health, ammo, wall and other hacks, but spawning what you want will still be an issue.

i hope someone can give us some information about that. thanks :)

Edited by siew

I can confirm that I don't have a clue.

• Like 2

Difference hive. It's a completely different 'game'. Think of it like a massive game changing patch - what does Rocket do after those kinds of patches? (see the pistol spawn change for example)... he wipes the hive and starts over.

*if by different hive you mean your characters won't carry over from DayZ mod that is. I'm not sure if they'll be using the same server.

Edited by Cdrive
  • Like 1

ok thanks very much.

that really calms me down :D

so i can stop collecting basic stuff for the standalone xD

ok thanks very much.

that really calms me down :D

so i can stop collecting basic stuff for the standalone xD

Oh yeah, you will be starting fresh and Noob like on SA, just like the rest of us.... First ones to the NW Airfield are going to have a bad day.... that is for sure.

• Like 1

I don't like the fact that aproximately one thousand people are going to get equipped before me :@ I hope they will be friendly with the rest of the mortals like us

Edited by Guisho

what does Rocket do after those kinds of patches? (see the pistol spawn change for example)... he wipes the hive and starts over.

I don't remember a hive wipe in DayZ for any of the patches.

I don't like the fact that aproximately one thousand people are going to get equipped before me :@ I hope they will be friendly with the rest of the mortals like us

There would presumably be a hive wipe after the technical testing is over.

• Like 1