Sign in to follow this  
T8TRG8TR

How do people deal with hackers and glitches?

I honestly don't think I can play this until SA comes out. I tried playing with my friends today but I couldn't go 10 minutes without dying by clipping through a wall and falling/some other glitch/hacking/disconnected. I joined a server and got kicked for no apparent reason (good ping and not hacking). Joined another server, got hacked and all this random shit popped up on my screen and I started dancing. I switched servers and then ten minutes later got turned into a chicken. That made me lose all my stuff and now we're just trying to recover in elektro. And I was always on servers with <15 people. I played it months ago and managed to put up with it but maybe I got lucky.

I'm not gonna play it until SA comes out. I know I'm not supposed to complain because the game is still in alpha and a lot of the issues are due to the engine and the developers can't do much about. And I'm not saying it's a bad game. I just don't understand how other people put up with it. I know I've been told to check out private servers but half the fun of Dayz is running in to random players.

Edited by T8TRG8TR

Majority of people play on whitelisted private hives nowadays, with active admins hacking isn't really an issue. There are plenty of random players on private hives too, some have over 5000+ players signed up.

Edited by smasht_AU

Change your topics name quick! Its going to the graveyard! Oh the humanity!

Change your topics name quick! Its going to the graveyard! Oh the humanity!

Is the new one better or worse haha?

You get used to it over time. And if you look at it from a different perspective, you would realize how actually incredible it is that this mod is working so "well". Afterall, this is just a freakin mod for a millitary shooter! In what other game can you transform a realistic shooter into a zombie mod?

Sure, alot of things are annoying in DayZ, but it's kinda weird the mod is playable on a level

Find a home hive, even if it isn't private. We run our own public hive and my character lived for 50 days before I was stupid and got killed by zombies. Haven't been killed on my own server in 2 months, though I do have hackers. But I can kick them as soon as I find them, and that helps, ha. And yes, my server is usually maxed out every night, and I still haven't been killed by a hacker in a good long while.

Find a home hive, even if it isn't private. We run our own public hive and my character lived for 50 days before I was stupid and got killed by zombies. Haven't been killed on my own server in 2 months, though I do have hackers. But I can kick them as soon as I find them, and that helps, ha. And yes, my server is usually maxed out every night, and I still haven't been killed by a hacker in a good long while.

That's true. When I play Chernarus I only play on high populated public hives, and I don't encounter hackers. Just try to find a public hive with an admin who bans cheaters