Sign in to follow this  
OneArmedBilly

What the hell do I do now?

I stopped playing DayZ months ago because of the rampant hacking, it was ridiculous. I decided to re-install today and see how things were.

5-10 minutes of being on a server (74.91.115.145:2322/US 1992 hosted by overclock.net)

Text starts flying across the screen, my guy starts dancing, opa gangnam style music starts playing, a huge banner across the bottom of my screen appears saying you can't stop me hahaha! over and over.

My weapons disappear and I have some other weapon (I had a Bizon PP and an M249) I alt F4'd out of the game in a panic.

Now every time I attempt to join a server I am banned for an illegal weapon (AS50 AWS something or other)

I can't get rid of it and I can't play on anything but a private hive, what the hell am I supposed to do?

Fucking hate people sometimes.

• Like 2

My opinion: Never play on public anyways. All they have are hackers and little kids. Find yourself a good private hive!

I'd suggest playing on private hives.

Wow, even on a public hive it seems you were downright unlucky. In over 6 months of playing dayz, I've only ever encountered hackers thrice. But as others have said, private servers are a lot better atm anyway.

Like others have said you should join a Private Hive. You'll almost never have to worry about hackers on them especially if it's a whitelisted server.

Edited by Skat3rat

Happened again, this time on a private hive (not a white listed one)

Got it on fraps this time.

I guess the music was in my head but this is the same exact hack.

I think you made that up, hackers are not as common in DayZ as these forums make them out to be.

I have been playing on pubs for months and the most I've seen happen are some boxes to the brim with gear.

• Like 1

had the same script run on me the other day on a lingor servr..

i just logged off and played elsewere..

dont play on servers with sciddies.. if u take away their targets theyll move on.

I think you made that up, hackers are not as common in DayZ as these forums make them out to be.

I have been playing on pubs for months and the most I've seen happen are some boxes to the brim with gear.

I came back to the game after 3 months and have seen a ton of hackers in the past 2 days. I had the EXACT same hacke as the OP in a server yesterday, some guy spawn killing with an AS50 thermal, some guy spawning in massive aircraft carriers and other buildings, some guy stood in a field with a crate of weapons who then gave them out and started spawning heli's, some guy insta-killing everyone. I was also on a server which had a popup whenever it kicked someone for hacking and what hack etc. It was playing every few minutes at times. Hackers seem to be so, so, so much worse than they were a few months ago. I asked my friend who I was playing with at the time and he says he can't even remember running into any hackers back then.

The guys above are just the ones I remember.

Edited by Josef

From my own experiences there are way more hackers on private hives than on public servers, what you do need to do is join a white listed server and as long as you join a good one you will never see another hacker again.

As for you not being able to join public due to the AS50.... well that is just ridiculous and something the devs need to fix ASAP

Seen 1 hacker in the 2 weeks that I've played. Whitelisted private hives is the way to go

Really, I made that up.. are you kidding me?

Have you even watched the video?

There are alot of hackers out there, however they normaly only play on high population servers.

I have noticed that when my server gets above 15 people on it, thats when hackers begin to appear.

Fortunately, if your not a moron, detecting hackers on a private hive is easy.

It doesn't usually take much longer than 30 seconds to determine if a player is hacking or not on our server.

The great thing about script kids is, they're idiots.

• Like 1