Sign in to follow this  
UnLimited99

Night time servers on all?

Hey I'm relatively new to Day Z and I had a question. I live in Idaho and currently it's 8:51 PM and Whenever I join a server no matter what time it is on the server it's night??

Vice versa when it's light out all the servers I try joining are day time....

I want to play late at night but I can't see anything and I don't want to use a flashlight and get killed by bandits.

Does this game go by what time it is where you live because apparently it doesn't matter what time it is on the servers...

If anybody knows any 24/7 day time servers that are USA/Canada then please let me know.

Admins can set the timezone/offset the in-game time on the server, I imagine most offset it so peak times (evenings) are set to daylight, you've probably just been unlucky.

If you are using DayZCommander, servers don't actually provide the time they are set to directly, DayZCommander just looks at the UTC offset set in the server name and displays it in a readable format, so the time displayed is only as reliable as the admin updating the server name to match the time offset they are using on the server. In many cases it's wrong.

Edited by smasht_AU

Night vision seems very unbalanced in this game. Almost to the point of where it should be removed. Especially with the hacking.

Edited by Malicar