Sign in to follow this  
stimpen

Cant play after beta+1.7.1, get error messages

Just installed the arma beta patch and dayz 1.7.1.

Now when I start the game with the beta starter i get the following message in windows:

"Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'CABuildingParts'"

I klick OK and game loads.

In game in the menu i get:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'."

I click continue.

When i try to join a server i immedietly gets kicked out to the server list again with the message in the down left corner:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus"

Anyone know whats wrong or how to fix it?

I deleted all the files in @dayz and installed 1.7.1 fresh in @dayz/addons

I installed the beta patch and have added the string starting with "-mod" to the target field in the beta start shortcut.

This is my target string in the beta shortcut, i have just added "-mod=@dayz"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz"

*EDIT* I run a steam installtion of arma CO if this changes anything. If I start the beta without the dayz mod it starts with no error messages and I dont get thrown out when joining arma servers. Havent accually joined fully into game, just to the loby where im kicked back to the server list with dayz.

I have runned the sixupdater now and it did something with dayz and the beta. But get the same errors still.

Make sure you're starting the game as combined operations

How do I start it as combined operations after the beta patch? I cant start it in steam as combined operations then it dont load the beta.

I thought I was going to start it with the beta patch shortcut created in the oa folder?

Make sure you're starting the game as combined operations

I know how to do that via steam for the "Stable" version, but how do you do that with the beta?

I've got Steam's ARMA II: CO version and I have exactly the same problems as described above since I've tried running the beta version of ARMA 2. Dayz 1.7.0 without the beta patch worked perfectly.

What I did:

Installing the beta patch

Updating DayZ to 1.7.1 via Worrom's Day Z Mod Updater v1.6

launching Arma II (without mod)

launching Arma II: OA (without mod)

launching Arma II: CO (without mod)

This all works fine

I then tried running DayZ by:

using the launch beta option in Worrom's updater

using the _runA2CODayZ_beta bat file

using the steam version with the command line arguments found in the bat file

All these approach resulted in the same 3 error messages:

-"Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'CABuildingParts'" at startup

-"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'." at the main menu

-"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus" when joining a server

OK, I was able to get this working. Here is what I did - not sure if all of these steps are required, but I will put them down anyway.

1. Updated DayZ files to 1.7.1 via Worrums updater

2. Re-installed 93825 patch.

3. Went to the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder (if you are using steam it is at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead)

4. Launched the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut found in above folder.

5. Went to multiplayer and joined a 1.7.1 server!!

Note that I did not change any of the launch target scripting - I just launched it as was ("C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash). Even without the -mod=@DayZ script it still loaded up DayZ at launch - everything works fine.

Previously, I was going in and adding the -mod=@DayZ to the launch string. As this is the only thing I was doing different I doubt you would need to reload the 1.7.1 files via Worrums updater if you already have them.

Hope it helps.

Timma

This worked for me' date=' follow the portion about installing the beta.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9314

[/quote']

This made my game work. But after struggling with diffrent versions etc somehow i now end up in debug wilderness?

its endless plains with nothing. but the game works. now i have to get someone to get me back to the map again

This worked for me' date=' follow the portion about installing the beta.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9314

[/quote']

Ah finally, that worked.

So:

Install 93825 and DayZ 1.7.1

Copy the ARMAII:OA beta.exe over the original beta

Set launch options of ARMAAII:OA in steam to

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

(right click on it, properties, launch options)

Then to launch: right click on ARMAII:OA in steam and choose "Launch ARMAII: Combined Operations"