brandokid25

Molotovs, Flare Gun, More Weapons

I think that Hall should add Molotovs to set zombies on fire within a small radius. You should be able to make a molotov by combining a whiskey bottle and a Jerry can. Then you should have matches in your inventory so you can actually use them.

Flare Gun: A flare gun would be useful for signaling your comrades or distracting bandits or lighting up the sky temporarily. It would be rare to find in cities and uncommon in military areas and Common in heli crashes.

More Civilian Weapons: I think you should have AR-15 (Semi), Ruger Mini 14, Remington 700, Mosin Nagant 91/30 (In barns), Winchester Model 70, and the Mossberg 590.

Feedback welcome :D

Edited by brandokid25
  • Like 3

Pretty sure they were actually planned in the mod a while back but there was some issue with them so I expect to see them in standalone.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they were actually planned in the mod a while back but there was some issue with them so I expect to see them in standalone.

Awesome :)

The invasion 1944 mod has working flamethrowers and bayonets. Those would be interesting to see : P

If the SA is set in the USA, you should see those weapons with appropriate levels of rareness.

If the SA remains set in Chernarus or any other post Soviet republic, they don't belong there.

If the SA is set in the USA, you should see those weapons with appropriate levels of rareness.

If the SA remains set in Chernarus or any other post Soviet republic, they don't belong there.

True, true you wouldn't find AR-15s or anything American made. But maybe Mosin Nagants(They should be rare, have moderate noise, moderate recoil and slow fire rate)

The invasion 1944 mod has working flamethrowers and bayonets. Those would be interesting to see : P

Definitely. It would give empty whiskey bottles a use other than distracting zombies. Flamethrowers would be cool as well, you would find them at the airfield (very rare) And the fuel tanks would take up a lot of inventory space.

True, true you wouldn't find AR-15s or anything American made. But maybe Mosin Nagants(They should be rare, have moderate noise, moderate recoil and slow fire rate)

... Hueys? Humvees? M4s? Remington 870 shotguns with Surefire handguards? American joint services bandages? M67 fragmentation grenades?

Anyway, I know you meant adding new weapons, but I don't think an AR-15 would really do anything worse than what is already there. It's very easy to add, too - add a duplicate of the M16 or M4 with only semi-auto.

... Hueys? Humvees? M4s? Remington 870 shotguns with Surefire handguards? American joint services bandages? M67 fragmentation grenades?

Anyway, I know you meant adding new weapons, but I don't think an AR-15 would really do anything worse than what is already there. It's very easy to add, too - add a duplicate of the M16 or M4 with only semi-auto.

Yeah that's true. Maybe the AR-15 could come with a suppressor and a flashlight combo to make it more useful than the M4/M16. Maybe .223 ammo could be slightly more common than M4 clips. It all depends on what you want the AR-15 to be. Maybe you could find attachments to make it more universal (That would take Hall some time to work out).

I would like to see a few hunting rifles and maybe a new shotgun, maybe even a hunting revolver like a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum with a low power scope.

Definitely. It would give empty whiskey bottles a use other than distracting zombies. Flamethrowers would be cool as well, you would find them at the airfield (very rare) And the fuel tanks would take up a lot of inventory space.

Flamethrower is a cool idea, and the fuel tank should occupy the backpack slot.

• Like 1

Flamethrower is a cool idea, and the fuel tank should occupy the backpack slot.

That would work. Cool!

Its dangerous to go alone, Take some beans!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, all of these comments are really cool and I love reading them. Keep them coming guys! :D

Yeah that's true. Maybe the AR-15 could come with a suppressor and a flashlight combo to make it more useful than the M4/M16. Maybe .223 ammo could be slightly more common than M4 clips. It all depends on what you want the AR-15 to be. Maybe you could find attachments to make it more universal (That would take Hall some time to work out).

I would like to see a few hunting rifles and maybe a new shotgun, maybe even a hunting revolver like a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum with a low power scope.

To be honest, if you just duplicated the assault rifles and made them semi-automatic, you'd have a lot of guns you can buy in the US.

But Europe is much more hunting rifles, double barrel and pump shotguns, with semi-automatic centerfire rifles and handguns mostly being owned by cops and the military. You have exceptions like Slovenia where just as many firearms as the US are legal, or Italy where a handgun of non-military caliber is legal though.

• Like 1

That would work. Cool!

Its dangerous to go alone, Take some beans!

It would be very dangerous to use a flamethrower, because a shot to the fuel tank could instantly make it blow up, incinerating you and all your friends. But, on the other side, it would be a cool and powerful weapon to use in towns.

To be honest, if you just duplicated the assault rifles and made them semi-automatic, you'd have a lot of guns you can buy in the US.

But Europe is much more hunting rifles, double barrel and pump shotguns, with semi-automatic centerfire rifles and handguns mostly being owned by cops and the military. You have exceptions like Slovenia where just as many firearms as the US are legal, or Italy where a handgun of non-military caliber is legal though.

Yeah so scratch the AR-15 and leave the others I mentioned. Beans to you sir!

Yeah so scratch the AR-15 and leave the others I mentioned. Beans to you sir!

I'm not saying the AR-15 is a bad suggestion or your idea is wrong necessarily. There's a number of ways we can go about adding weapons.

We can add the AR-15 anyway, along with WASR-10 semi-auto AK derivatives and semi automatic shotguns, working with the idea that Chenarus is a place where guns are easily bought.

Or just add more classically European guns and minimize the military aspect. Either approach can work if implemented right.

• Like 1

It would be very dangerous to use a flamethrower, because a shot to the fuel tank could instantly make it blow up, incinerating you and all your friends. But, on the other side, it would be a cool and powerful weapon to use in towns.

Yeah it would make a perfect weapon for clearing towns so scavenging is slightly easier. But how loud would it be and would it attract zombies in any way? It could give you away at night if there are bandits nearby, but otherwise that is a good use for a flamethrower.

I'm not saying the AR-15 is a bad suggestion or your idea is wrong necessarily. There's a number of ways we can go about adding weapons.

We can add the AR-15 anyway, along with WASR-10 semi-auto AK derivatives and semi automatic shotguns, working with the idea that Chenarus is a place where guns are easily bought.

Or just add more classically European guns and minimize the military aspect. Either approach can work if implemented right.

A WASR-10 would be nice to see yeah. A good European pistol would be a SIG P230. It could be less noisy than a Makarov or an M1911 and it would take up less space in a backpack. Another pistol would be a SIG P220 with an underbarrel flashlight attached and night sights. I would actually use a WASR-22. A .22 caliber bullet could be effective when placed in the head. Also the WASR-22 would be less loud than a top of the line AK74 due to the .22 round.

Good suggestion :D

Edited by brandokid25

A WASR-10 would be nice to see yeah. A good European pistol would be a SIG P230. It could be less noisy than a Makarov or an M1911 and it would take up less space in a backpack. Another pistol would be a SIG P220 with an underbarrel flashlight attached and night sights. I would actually use a WASR-22. A .22 caliber bullet could be effective when placed in the head. Also the WASR-22 would be less loud than a top of the line AK74 due to the .22 round.

Good suggestion :D

There's a lot of .380 pocket pistols we don't see so much in the US. The Cz-82 is one of my favorite. Same bullet and general size as the Makarov, easier reload and six extra bullets in the magazine. Then you have the Cz-52 and Tokarev pistols, which can punch through soft body armor and are very inexpensive.

Europe also has a ton of luxury hunting rifles which fire very large, powerful rounds used to kill large game.

There's a lot of .380 pocket pistols we don't see so much in the US. The Cz-82 is one of my favorite. Same bullet and general size as the Makarov, easier reload and six extra bullets in the magazine. Then you have the Cz-52 and Tokarev pistols, which can punch through soft body armor and are very inexpensive.

Europe also has a ton of luxury hunting rifles which fire very large, powerful rounds used to kill large game.

One good European Hunting rifle I would add would be the Sako 85 chambering .308. It would be an effective rifle against the undead but it would make some noise

One thing i think they should add is the ability to attach you hunting knife (or a bayonet found in barracks/helli crash) to your military grade rifle for a melee attack if you run out of ammo.

A simple crafting system is planned already, and the devs would have to be crazy to not add molotovs to it.

As for a flare gun... Oh heck yes.

No problems with this suggestion.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen ever any of those flares that can be launched with the M4 holo and the M16 with the grenade launcher?

One thing i think they should add is the ability to attach you hunting knife (or a bayonet found in barracks/helli crash) to your military grade rifle for a melee attack if you run out of ammo.

Yeah that would give another use for the hunting knife. But if you wanted to gather a cow's flesh you would have to get another knife. You should have to use some sort of tape to attach the knife to the rifle. Good idea!