Sign in to follow this  
Sir Trigger Happy

Good place to find Ghillie

I thought this might be a good tip for people looking for ghillie suits. I have multiple times found ghillie suits in the guard post beside the firehouse in elektro by the church. Now it does seem random, but there must be a heightened chance of spawn there because I have never found one other than that location; or it is just some crazy coincidence on my part.

Cheers!

I usually find them in red apartment buildings and the 2.5 story school/office building things. But I've also occasionally found them in the other high value residentials and heli crashes.

I never really have problems finding ghillie suits, i seem to trip over them. NVG are my bane, I swear people are hiding them on me.

Yes I know what location they drop at.

The apartments in Cherno and Berezino have always been good for camo/ghillies for me. Used to find them in churches often too, but haven't seen any there for ages so I'm thinking maybe they were removed from those loot piles at some point.

I found one from a cheater who spawned a box with 10 items of everything and got banned.

Ghillies are so hot and so rare.

Edited by Spaggiari

I find ghillies/camo in the pub/cafe's quite a lot. Found my first legit NVG's in the barracks the other day as well, after six months of playing ffs

I find ghillies/camo in the pub/cafe's quite a lot. Found my first legit NVG's in the barracks the other day as well, after six months of playing ffs

I've still only found one set of night-vision goggles as a loot drop and I've been playing since a month or two after the mod released, lol. It's much easier to just kill a geared up bandit. xD

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

one of the best places to find a ghillie is on that mountain that overlooks the east end of electro.

pick a server that has a reasonable number of players. the key is to approach from the north. approach slowly, quietly, patiently. as ghillie suits are hard to see, you must pay attention.

at the top of this mountain, likely underneath a tree or next to a bush you will see a ghillie suit lying prone. using whatever weapon you have available liberate the ghillie suit. you will also end up with a sniper rifle and some other goods.

I've still only found one set of night-vision goggles as a loot drop and I've been playing since a month or two after the mod released, lol. It's much easier to just kill a geared up bandit. xD

True, I always assume they're duped though (but still take them usually). Never found legit rangefinder from a loot spawn yet though...

one of the best places to find a ghillie is on that mountain that overlooks the east end of electro.

pick a server that has a reasonable number of players. the key is to approach from the north. approach slowly, quietly, patiently. as ghillie suits are hard to see, you must pay attention.

at the top of this mountain, likely underneath a tree or next to a bush you will see a ghillie suit lying prone. using whatever weapon you have available liberate the ghillie suit. you will also end up with a sniper rifle and some other goods.

Not sure if trolling, or just don't know you can't pick up ghillies off dead bodies.