Sign in to follow this  
TreeMan (DayZ)

Zombies freezing in cold places

Like in The Walking Dead comics, when it gets cold, the zombies freeze because they have much less blood in their bodies than humans. It would almost make sense if in the coldest places of Namalsk the zombies would move slower and maybe deal a bit less damage. To balance that there would also be frozen zombies lying on the ground, completely still so they would look like dead and if someone goes near them, they would struck you and with high chance break your legs because they attack from below.

• Like 1

Can't explain it but smthng tells me that you're divides by zero.

Can't explain it but smthng tells me that you're divides by zero.

Something tells me that what you just said doesn't make sense.

• Like 6

As the Arma engine is limited(I heard), I doubt its possible to make them actually freeze to death.

I read on some zombie website that zombies would all eventually die off because the combination of hot and cold weather over the seasons would cause their bodies to decay. They'd also just fall over in the wind from being so malnourished and they wouldn't have any strength to get up or do anything. Now I don't know if that's the case in DayZ because technically the "Zombies" are still humans, they're just infected.

• Like 1

It's an interesting idea. If a feature like that could be presented in DayZ it would be a nice one. What Welch read is true. Having cold and hot weather which affects zombies and even players would give a more realistic aspect in the game and one I would be interested in.

I read on some zombie website that zombies would all eventually die off because the combination of hot and cold weather over the seasons would cause their bodies to decay. They'd also just fall over in the wind from being so malnourished and they wouldn't have any strength to get up or do anything. Now I don't know if that's the case in DayZ because technically the "Zombies" are still humans, they're just infected.

And they were actually talking about "real" zombies? :D .

The idea sounds nice,I don't want to imagine how scared will I be if a zombie wich looks frozen will rise and bite me or whatever :D

I think this is what you have read. http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly_p2.html

• Like 1

The "zombies" is DayZ are infected humans not walking dead. They would just die.

The "zombies" is DayZ are infected humans not walking dead. They would just die.

Well, it COULD go like this: Zombie spawns. -> Cold starts to slow it down(in maybe 10 minutes?). -> Freezes, lays on the ground. Still attacks from the ground. -> Dies.

That would be one way for it to go.

If half frozen that gives thy fist more power for the infamous mike tyson zombie who is known to sneek up and laminate the snow with your blood

• Like 1

You are divides by zero, makes perfect sense to me. Stop being divides by zero..

• Like 1

You're tried apply human anatomy on zombies but forgot that according to human anatomy zombies can't exist at all.

Zombies freezing in cold places? Ok, let's go. Zombies died from starvation and thirst, from cold, from blood loss... 28 days after... There is no zombies left.

As the Arma engine is limited(I heard), I doubt its possible to make them actually freeze to death.

the arma engine is the exact opposite of limited. thats why there are so many mods for it -_-. and to all the ney sayers saying "oh zombies are dead how could they freeze?" what happens to meat when you put it in a freezer? it gets cold and stiff. end of statement.

Edited by radrussian1

One of the common ideas in zombie survival plans is to go to areas that are hazardous to zombies, so... there's nothing wrong with the concept, I just don't know what it would entail to get it in the game.

the arma engine is the exact opposite of limited. thats why there are so many mods for it -_-. and to all the ney sayers saying "oh zombies are dead how could they freeze?" what happens to meat when you put it in a freezer? it gets cold and stiff. end of statement.

Oh so its not limited even though most of the mods are just packs of new characters, vehicles, maps and a story/missions? In other words just new materials and stuff you can do with the map/mission editor?

Try adding some complicated animations such as the one were talking about.. I would love to see a single arma 2 mod where the player can jump.(srlsy tell me if you know one, Im asking this for real) On the other hand the zombie animations (the ones made for DayZ i.e. idle movement or attacking) are mocapped by a single person. This combined with the stiffness of the game engine results in the awkwardness of the current zombie animations.

Remember that were actually speaking of infected people here, not walking corpses. Not that it makes zombies/infected that much more believable or changes the fact that they couldnt continue roaming around forever. :rolleyes:

Oh so its not limited even though most of the mods are just packs of new characters, vehicles, maps and a story/missions? In other words just new materials and stuff you can do with the map/mission editor?

Try adding some complicated animations such as the one were talking about.. I would love to see a single arma 2 mod where the player can jump.(srlsy tell me if you know one, Im asking this for real) On the other hand the zombie animations (the ones made for DayZ i.e. idle movement or attacking) are mocapped by a single person. This combined with the stiffness of the game engine results in the awkwardness of the current zombie animations.

Remember that were actually speaking of infected people here, not walking corpses. Not that it makes zombies/infected that much more believable or changes the fact that they couldnt continue roaming around forever. :rolleyes:

Hey, but dead meat or living meat - stiffens up when cold. That's pretty basic.

You're tried apply human anatomy on zombies but forgot that according to human anatomy zombies can't exist at all.

Zombies freezing in cold places? Ok, let's go. Zombies died from starvation and thirst, from cold, from blood loss... 28 days after... There is no zombies left.

Are you telling me, that I tried applying human anatomy to infected humans, and happened to forget that according to human anatomy infected humans can't exist? Of course it seems stupid, but think about a parasite that takes control of humans brains and gets hungry and tells the host get food. First people might just eat fruits, then smaller animals, bigger animals, and when they are gone, the only option left is humans. That's only one of the possibilities that I could figure out now.

the only option left is humans.

Nope. In such case their only option is killing each other. I'm not try offending you, it's Rocket fault that he doesn't thought about history and causes of apocalypse. I'm trying to tell that if all these zombies it's just humans with virus, so they can't survive much long. Rocket said that 95% of peoples was infected. In that case they must eat each other cuz 5% of not-infected peoples it's very few.

I'm not agree with Rocket's version of apocalypse, i'm prefer to think that zombies are dead.

It would be pointless them freezing, what a waste of fps, have them slow down to Romero style speed. Allow areas where the gameplay changes compared to lowlands and valleys.

More slower zeds on high points of the map.