Cool3303

Antihacks

It would be exciting if DayZ would have its own Antihack protection Instead off using the BattleEye.

I dont understand a lot off those things but I think if an person moves between Chernogorsk and Elektrozvadosk in one second it should be relatively easy to demarcate that person as Hacker.

It would also be usefull if you could mark an person as hacker with an Ingame Button (this should record the hacker Screen for a while and send it to the DayZ Admins/Developers) and another Big thing is that you might want to play with someone who has been banned and doesnt want to buy the game again.

I think that Global Bans make sense but forcing players to buy new keys only spreads the distribution of keystealers. Which has become an big problem right now.

What do you want to happen?

'Oh, you've been banned? That's naughty! Don't do it again!'

People who try and circumnavigate bans and anti-hacks will always be there, no point in making it easier for them just because it will inevitably happen.

The Anti-hack will definitely have to be heavily changed and redone for use with the standalone, especially with the inclusion of VAC.

The reporting thing will be abused and there is just no time to go through the days worth of 'hack reports' they will get each day, especially if they are in large video clips, it will take an unneeded amount of time.

Well SA will have a different anti hack system but one flaw I noticed in your idea is the one about someone going from one area to another within a second. The problem with that is hackers find it funny apparently to teleport everyone on the server to one location and kill them. Well if a player is on the other end of the map when he gets teleported then the idea of banning people who tp long distances would get an innocent player banned.

Edited by Skat3rat

It would be exciting if DayZ would have its own Antihack protection Instead off using the BattleEye.

Why? BE works fine

I dont understand a lot off those things but I think if an person moves between Chernogorsk and Elektrozvadosk in one second it should be relatively easy to demarcate that person as Hacker.

BE usually detects most scripts automatically, but hackers use bypasses so BE can't detect the scripts they are using

It would also be usefull if you could mark an person as hacker with an Ingame Button (this should record the hacker Screen for a while and send it to the DayZ Admins/Developers) and another Big thing is that you might want to play with someone who has been banned and doesnt want to buy the game again.

Why? So he gets disconnected from the DayZ hive? You think that will hurt the cheaters? Just a waste of time for DayZ devs

I think that Global Bans make sense but forcing players to buy new keys only spreads the distribution of keystealers. Which has become an big problem right now.

So you think BE should stop banning players cause they can get cheap new keys?

Edited by TSAndrey

DayZ standalone is going to be a lot more hack-proof due to the fact that the way multiplayer works is being redone. As for Battleye, its done a very good job protecting Arma. Its actually Arma's fault for all the hacks getting through.

DayZ standalone is going to be a lot more hack-proof due to the fact that the way multiplayer works is being redone. As for Battleye, its done a very good job protecting Arma. Its actually Arma's fault for all the hacks getting through.

It's not exactly Arma's fault. Something I read a while back went into why it's so easy for script kiddies to hack. I don't remember everything but the dumbed down and shortened version is this.

The Arma engine is built to allow the user to do practically anything he/she wants without denying it to. Obviously there are certain things you can't do but as far as scripting goes the possibilities of what you can do are endless. So these script kiddies can just simply run a script and the Arma engine allows it. This is how the hackers do what they do.

It's not exactly Arma's fault. Something I read a while back went into why it's so easy for script kiddies to hack. I don't remember everything but the dumbed down and shortened version is this.

The Arma engine is built to allow the user to do practically anything he/she wants without denying it to. Obviously there are certain things you can't do but as far as scripting goes the possibilities of what you can do are endless. So these script kiddies can just simply run a script and the Arma engine allows it. This is how the hackers do what they do.

I meant the engine, but I didn't want to type it out.

Normally, the anti-cheat system and the engine work together to prevent hackers. Battleye is basically having to protect Arma without breaking it, which is extremely hard because of Arma's script friendly nature. Its like trying to swim up a waterfall.