Marvel.Jane

Why do you complain about Snipers and Bandits?

I have never ever been shot by a sniper or bandit as a fresh spawn, though I hear it is common, is it really so prevalant that there are snipers at every single spawn location? If you are looting a high traffic area or "predictable" as you put it, the survivor should be aware of this and perhaps choose another location or scout the surroundings first. If you are on the beach, well you have nothing anyway and yes I know it's frustrating, but there are alot of servers out there. I also believe there are alot of players, including myself that flank these locations in the hopes of finding a sniper with his guard down. If you can't handle this kind of PvP your choices are to join a PH with all friendly, no KOS vehicle overload or to persevere and enjoy all aspects of the game, even if it doesn't go your way all the time. I am getting sick of the pessimistic attitudes about the parts of the game that are vital. If you dont like the feeling that some one could be watching you down the end of their scope at any time.... don't play DayZ.

It happen 3 times in row once and others were complaining in chat about it

And I just got killed by/again a server hopping prick.

Runs into a building after being shot at knowing there is only one way in...and we all know the rest.

Iv not had this game for 2 week and can say that the game mechanics are wide open to exploitation.

Iv played on some privet hives and almost trip over guns ammo,food at every turn,so their not for me,plus the issue of Badmins and Madmins running the servers just for them and their mates.

Best bet is to wait for the standalone and if its still open to the same abuse,Im not going to buy it,Arma 3 yes

There's nothing wrong with snipers and bandits but people who shoot freshly spawned people...

Don't like snipers?

Universal anti-sniper tactics:

1) Check your surroundings for probable sniper hideout areas.

2) Think what can you use as cover if you get under fire from one of them.

3) Begin moving, listen to gunshots, look at the spots and stick to cover most of time.

4) Loot quickly (if you happen to). Keep your guard on while looting too.

5) Choose an escape route which has most cover possible and where probability of an encounter is lower.

Profit. I always do so, especially in PvP hotspots. If you play much you may even have permanent plans of looting certain places.

also before going into a possible hot zone hide somewhere and just watch the area for 5 min before heading in. you might see some movement or something.

I have also never been shot as fresh spawn. my first game i did shoot my friend in the face with a revolver accidently. His fault he run across me as i shot at a zombie.

Oh yeah server hoppers are shit cunts. and people who used exit the game join a differnt sever and come up behind your position then come back to your game are shit cunts to.

Edited by DMC14

Shooting fresh spawns is a separate debate IMO. It also seems pretty rare. If it becomes an issue on a server then an admin is within his rights to pull the fresh spawn killer to one side and tell him to chill out, I know because I've done it myself.

Edited by Fraggle

I've never been killed as a fresh spawn either and neither have most of the guy's/girls I play with so it seems like a problem that doesn't need solving.

Obviously Cherno/Electro are always going to be hotspots for PVP and IMO you should adapt your gameplay to deal with this, that's part of learning to survive. If you notice a player on a server camping a specific area then go and deal with him or avoid the area, it really is as simple as that.

I agree. Chernarus kind of reminds me of "The Hunger Games." Cherno and Elektro are like the Cornucopia, because if you run straight for those places for the plentiful loot, you'll probably get killed. If you're smart you'll head away from those areas and look for loot elsewhere. Deer stands and barns are my favorite loot spots because I almost never run into other players looting those :]

But I do appreciate the sniper rifle as a form of covering a friend or group from a distance and as a way of scoping out a town/city from a safe distance.

Agreed!

I always considered myself to be a "friendly" I have helped many a survivor but recently my buddies and I have taken to the bandit style of play. We play on a private hive, currently running Taviana and I have to say it is an awesome experience. We tend to move as a team and kill as a team. Fresh spawns are left alone or helped but never killed.

At some point there will come a time when killing a player is your only option and i have to say getting into fire fights raises the heart rate 10 fold and makes for awesome game play. What is also good is the emotions and the adrenelin rushes that this mod brings. Snipers are C*nts but it makes the mod that bit more exciting.

Btw next time you get shot by a sniper, instead of jumping to the conclusion that this loser was camping there for hours and server hops just to kill unsuspecting victims for no reason, think that maybe you were about to stumble onto their base, or there was another member of their team around the corner and they had to take you down. Some times it is necessary for a sniper to kill another player/s when they are protecting their team.

• Like 1

What a great topic and thank you for making it. I just had a conversation on the server last night abou this so figured I'd share it here (and even created an account to do so)

Why do I complain about Snipers and Banits? Lets ask some other questions first..

Q. Why do I play Arma II instead of Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty?

A. REALISM

Q. Why do I play a game where I start with nothing, have to crawl and hide instead of fight, be constantly afraid of death around every corner, where the average life is 4 hrs long, and death is permanent?

A.REALISM

Q. Why do I complain about snipers and bandits?

A. UNREALISTIC

Please humor me. Since we all love realism, put yourself into the shoes of a zombie apocalypse survivor. Now imagine there are only 40 people left alive in the world. Are you really going to shoot and kill people for no reason at all? Every inclination of mankind is evil but we are a societal creature by nature. We tend to band together and create groups whether we are strong enough to survive alone or not. Save for the most evil and insane of our kind, we have at least a shred of decency and good in our souls that tells us right from wrong. Even in a total and complete collapse of society, mankind would not turn to sheer butchery.

Don't get me wrong. I love the aspect of not knowing who to trust, of watching your back at all times, of living in constant fear, of the adrenaline when seeing a player walk by. Hell, I don't have a problem with even 1 or 2 person who goes about shooting on sight. My gripe is the sheer commonplace of these "serial killers". 9 out of 10 encouters should result in a person helping another person or worst case scenario ignoring or leaving alone, yet I find myself murdered 9 out of those 10 ocassions. My gripe with bandits/snipers is that they are just TOO DAMN COMMON for realism sake. I expect on a server where just 1 or 2 "self proclaimed badasses" want to kill on site will soon be famous to the other 38 who don't put up with that tomfoolery and the POSSE will be formed to deal with those people. The only thing required for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

I can think of only two reasons a person would kill another human in such tribulent times. 1. The person doing the killing is starving or parched and needs food or drink immediately. Person may kill another player for necessities or better gear/guns etc.....Nothing pisses me off more than being in Bambi suit with an axe and getting sniped from 500m with 1 shot by a guy with a military grade rifle, ghillie suit, and a base camp with enough food to feed an army. And then the guy doesn't even bother looting my body. The second reason obviously would be self defense or self preservation, perhaps killing a bandit who is trying to kill you for your stuff. Or killing someone who just isn't trustworthy, someone stealing your food or hijacking your car, or someone infected that doesn't listen to you when you tell them to stay away. These are possible explanations for killing a person. Anything else is murder whether there is a justice system in place or not. GET REAL

• Like 1

What a great topic and thank you for making it. I just had a conversation on the server last night abou this so figured I'd share it here (and even created an account to do so)

Why do I complain about Snipers and Banits? Lets ask some other questions first..

A. REALISM

Q. Why do I play a game where I start with nothing, have to crawl and hide instead of fight, be constantly afraid of death around every corner, where the average life is 4 hrs long, and death is permanent?

A.REALISM

A. UNREALISTIC

Please humor me. Since we all love realism, put yourself into the shoes of a zombie apocalypse survivor. Now imagine there are only 40 people left alive in the world. Are you really going to shoot and kill people for no reason at all? Every inclination of mankind is evil but we are a societal creature by nature. We tend to band together and create groups whether we are strong enough to survive alone or not. Save for the most evil and insane of our kind, we have at least a shred of decency and good in our souls that tells us right from wrong. Even in a total and complete collapse of society, mankind would not turn to sheer butchery.

Don't get me wrong. I love the aspect of not knowing who to trust, of watching your back at all times, of living in constant fear, of the adrenaline when seeing a player walk by. Hell, I don't have a problem with even 1 or 2 person who goes about shooting on sight. My gripe is the sheer commonplace of these "serial killers". 9 out of 10 encouters should result in a person helping another person or worst case scenario ignoring or leaving alone, yet I find myself murdered 9 out of those 10 ocassions. My gripe with bandits/snipers is that they are just TOO DAMN COMMON for realism sake. I expect on a server where just 1 or 2 "self proclaimed badasses" want to kill on site will soon be famous to the other 38 who don't put up with that tomfoolery and the POSSE will be formed to deal with those people. The only thing required for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

I can think of only two reasons a person would kill another human in such tribulent times. 1. The person doing the killing is starving or parched and needs food or drink immediately. Person may kill another player for necessities or better gear/guns etc.....Nothing pisses me off more than being in Bambi suit with an axe and getting sniped from 500m with 1 shot by a guy with a military grade rifle, ghillie suit, and a base camp with enough food to feed an army. And then the guy doesn't even bother looting my body. The second reason obviously would be self defense or self preservation, perhaps killing a bandit who is trying to kill you for your stuff. Or killing someone who just isn't trustworthy, someone stealing your food or hijacking your car, or someone infected that doesn't listen to you when you tell them to stay away. These are possible explanations for killing a person. Anything else is murder whether there is a justice system in place or not. GET REAL

Are you aware about what weapons are on the loot table for DayZ? If so, then you know that any one on that server could have one. So if this is not realistic for you, then don't play it. I gotta say there are ALOT of things in this game that are unrealistic, but I play with awareness and acceptance of these things. And yeah, people won't murder people in an apocalypse even though the murder people now for their shoes now?????? You should GET REAL about the true nature of human beings. You are obviously not aware of anything about the world or history of humans. Too many bad guys??? Look how much bad shit happens in this world and in western society alone, that all happens with rules, enforcement and consequences... what would happen without it?

• Like 1

What a disrespectful and unintelligent reply. First off, I am a cop in the real world. I understand better than most what people are capable of and what happens outside of the bubble that most of you live in. I also understand that most people who "murder people for their shoes" (Where the fuck did this happen by the way?) are not intelligent people and are going to be the people that are walking around moaning and wanting to eat brains in the zombie apocolypse, not the ones smart enough to survive. Google natural selection. If only 40 people out of 6 billion survive something, there is a reason they are still alive. And yes, even in western civilization where crime is so rampant, good is still in the majority. Also, this is completely off topic, but the majority of murders in our society are going to be related to other crimes such as DRUG USE, DRUG DISTRIBUTION, GANGS, and DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Very rarely do we see serial killers or people that kill randomly for no reason,but you are right they do exist which is why 1-2 in a server of 40 is acceptable.

Let me clarify something else as well before you read between the lines any further. I am not saying there should only be 2 people in the server that kill other players. I am saying be a bandit all you want, but ROLEPLAY with it. Be a bandit that robs people of food and if they comply, let them live. Be a bandit that kills for a bigger backpack. If you've got end game gear, HUNT other high level players that have good shit. What better thrill than to kill those that are an even match and might actually have something on them that you can use? These players are really your only articulable threat. The funnest part about this game is not being scared shitless at every corner (although that is part of it). The real enjoyment of this game whether you realize it or not is IMMERSION.

Oh, and a final thought. Unless you paid for my computer or bought me Arma II Combined Ops or you pay for my monthly internet bill, don't tell me not to play a game because I don't look at it the same way you do. YOU made this topic. YOU asked the question. I answered it.

Edited by Crosteau
  • Like 1

What a disrespectful and unintelligent reply. First off, I am a cop in the real world. I understand better than most what people are capable of and what happens outside of the bubble that most of you live in. I also understand that most people who "murder people for their shoes" (Where the fuck did this happen by the way?) are not intelligent people and are going to be the people that are walking around moaning and wanting to eat brains in the zombie apocolypse, not the ones smart enough to survive. Google natural selection. If only 40 people out of 6 billion survive something, there is a reason they are still alive. And yes, even in western civilization where crime is so rampant, good is still in the majority. Also, this is completely off topic, but the majority of murders in our society are going to be related to other crimes such as DRUG USE, DRUG DISTRIBUTION, GANGS, and DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Very rarely do we see serial killers or people that kill randomly for no reason,but you are right they do exist which is why 1-2 in a server of 40 is acceptable.

Being a cop does not make you more educated or aware than any body else, it is disrepectful to assume otherwise. You want to talk about bubbles, please explain to me what is going on in South Africa and in many many more countries at the moment and always has? Death is a very normal part of life, and people get killed for their mobile phones other there. People used to believe that beating your wife and children we a normal thing for a very long time (I'm not saying this is ok, just showing that brutality is our nature). The shoe muders I am talking about were common knowledge I thought, when in America in the 80/90s there were several shootings where victims were only targetted for their shoes. You forgot to mention all the murders that were based around stealing too. In my opinion the ones who will outlast the Z apocalypse are the ones that are brutal and experienced enough to kill. The ones who want to give bandages and help every one will be the first to go. I also think it's unintelligent to assume that being a cop means you have a better understanding of the underbellies of this world.

The OP states Why do you complain about Snipers and Bandits? My point was that we all know that there are going to be bandits and snipers in DayZ, so don't complain. If you think it should be changed, great for you, go tell one of the Devs or start your own topics for ideas for the new patch or stand-alone. Otherwise my point was that you should stop complaining about parts of the game that you know are there and find ways to incorporate them into your experience.

PS: I am a Paramedic, with a History Degree and a Three Time World Champion Fire Juggler.... I don't claim to understand more than most people.

• Like 2

Oh my bad, I clearly should have assumed (but that would have been disrespectul of me) that by "Why do you complain about Snipers and Bandits?", you really meant "Snipers and Bandits are the shit so don't complain about them!" STUPID ME!

Also I think you are a three time world champion bullshit juggler because talking to you is like talking to a wall. I didn't say I knew everything because of what I do, I said I understand better than most the evil nature of humanity and that is true no matter how much you want to word it. Working 12 hr night shifts, everyother weekend, 180 days a year you are going to see things and deal with things that everyday people who go to work and are in bed by 9pm don't even know about. This is a fact. Get over yourself. It isn't unintelligent...It's common sense. I'm done talking about my job with you, but I will point out that it proves that you assuming I don't know shit about people or human nature was truly the disrespectful comment. Your whole post is one big blob of hypocrisy. You call me out for assuming I know everything yet you cite 30 year old backpage news as "common knowledge" and then if that's not good enough you tell me YOUR occupation right after you got done preaching about how any occupation bears no merit?

"PS: I am a Paramedic, with a History Degree and a Three Time World Champion Fire Juggler.... I don't claim to understand more than most people."

Isn't your whole post claiming to understand everything better than I do?

Please spare me...I can tell this conversation isn't going anywhere with you because you are about as stubborn as I am. My post was meant to answer your question and to offer to other readers an idea on how to have fun with this game. If you don't want assholes like me responding to your open ended questions on a public forum, private message someone who cares.

Edited by Crosteau
  • Like 1

Oh my bad, I clearly should have assumed (but that would have been disrespectul of me) that by "Why do you complain about Snipers and Bandits?", you really meant "Snipers and Bandits are the shit so don't complain about them!" STUPID ME!

Also I think you are a three time world champion bullshit juggler because talking to you is like talking to a wall. I didn't say I knew everything because of what I do, I said I understand better than most the evil nature of humanity and that is true no matter how much you want to word it. Working 12 hr night shifts, everyother weekend, 180 days a year you are going to see things and deal with things that everyday people who go to work and are in bed by 9pm don't even know about. This is a fact. Get over yourself. It isn't unintelligent...It's common sense. I'm done talking about my job with you, but I will point out that it proves that you assuming I don't know shit about people or human nature was truly the disrespectful comment. Your whole post is one big blob of hypocrisy. You call me out for assuming I know everything yet you cite 30 year old backpage news as "common knowledge" and then if that's not good enough you tell me YOUR occupation right after you got done preaching about how any occupation bears no merit?

"PS: I am a Paramedic, with a History Degree and a Three Time World Champion Fire Juggler.... I don't claim to understand more than most people."

Please spare me...I can tell this conversation isn't going anywhere with you because you are about as stubborn as I am. My post was meant to answer your question and to offer to other readers an idea on how to have fun with this game. If you don't want assholes like me responding to your open ended questions on a public forum, private message someone who cares.

I have never once said I claimed to understand more than you, I just doubted your knowledge as the things you were saying made no sense. I am glad you know all about crime in the modern time, I have studied crime, conflict and war through the many many thousands of years humans have been documenting their events. I never brought occupation into this arguement, and was trying to illustrate to you that occupation doesn't always determine your education, hence the juggling bit. " Working 12 hr night shifts, everyother weekend, 180 days a year you are going to see things and deal with things that everyday people who go to work and are in bed by 9pm don't even know about. This is a fact. Get over yourself". Maybe take your own advice. The only person here that has claimed to know more than everyone in their bubbles is you."I understand better than most what people are capable of and what happens outside of the bubble that most of you live in". Your words. Sorry for using an example that I thought people would be aware of, 30 years wasn't that long ago btw.

Glad your done because I am too. Have a good night :)

• Like 1

A. REALISM

A.REALISM

A. UNREALISTIC

It's a little presumptuous to claim to know how people would act in a zombie apocalypse. Due to the realism you mentioned in your first two questions, the Arma engine is very unforgiving about getting shot, just like how if you get shot in real life, you die. So tell me this: if you are in a situation where society is gone, you have relied on your own wits to survive and haven't seen another human being for weeks, and all of a sudden you're face to face with someone and you both have guns. At the very least there's going to be a Mexican standoff. More than likely one or both of you either witnessed or narrowly escaped a similar situation that ended badly, and so you both decide in your heads that you should try to kill this guy the first chance you get. Why? Risk aversion. You survived this long without a companion, why risk your life on someone you've never met who could cap you in the back anytime he wants? You might feel more guilty about it than in a video game, but you will feel like you have to kill him. This is why serious DayZ players like myself kill anyone we don't know and trust. Not all of us actively hunt players; in fact, I avoid players but if I have the element of surprise then I am not likely to let them go on their way. Think of the people hunting players for sport as the really fucked up psychopaths in apocalypse movies who were either already crazy before the apocalypse or were driven insane by it. There's no reasoning with them, no bargaining, no sense of honor or humanity. The only thing to do is stay far away from them, or kill them before they kill you. I Certainly agree that players who hunt other players take away from the immersion of the game, especially when they use side chat to taunt or bait people. The main reason why this bothers me is because of what you said: realism. People like this are not immersed in the game; they are immersed in trying to be as obnoxious as possible. So to me it's not the killing of unarmed players that bothers me; it's people who aren't participating in the experience, but instead try to ruin it for others. It not the act of sniping or killing unarmed players, it's the intent behind that act.

• Like 1

I know for a fact that people would use sniper rifles in a zombie apocolypse as it suits the military styled tactics available, lone wolfing and spending time scoping an area before moving in, and as a previous poster stated you would need to have an entry and exit strategy on to the mark.

As for the the ability of the Sniper, it needs to be nerfed to the average human being, the simple fact is that an actual sniper spotter team is massively better at firing than a single civilian.

For example the average engagement range of a normal human being without military training is around 200 meters, whereas a trained rifleman engages at around 400 to 500 meters (latest figures afghan) http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA512331.

Now if you think an average civilian can pick up a sniper rifle and use it at ranges longer than 200 meters your in the minority, the scope wouldnt count no matter how you applied it as the scope is only to give an idea of where the enemy is, true marksmanship comes from knowing the bullet physics and the environment around it by shooting it thousands of times.

Therefore this requires either a skill input, the more you use a weapon the more stable it becomes, in game this would be concieved via the weapon deviation and the scope movement and would be improved with zombie kill count and player kill count so the more youve killed the more stable the weapon becomes.

In effect bringing in an experience factor (say 250 zombie kills would = maximum stability)

This would negate the effect of hackers also because they cant just jump in jump out anymore theyve actually got to play the game for a while before they can use the weapon effectively.

This should affect all rifles except pistols which dont really matter anyway, this would mean that using rifles or sniper rifles outside of 200 meters wouldnt be as effective anymore.

which would bring it back down to average joe standards.

Also to take your comments on amounts who would survive is pointless, youve got to look at factual data and currently there are 1,476,414 players on DayZ overall and thats how many "survived", so base your opinions on that rather than "40" people left which is an assumption.

Yes stupid you, please jump off your high horse and remove head from anus. Cop? Sure pfffft

• Like 1

I dont hate snipers and bandits. people who rob other people, or kill for loot are a key element of DayZ.

The main problem i have are people who kill purely for fun. most of these people are Hackers and ruin the experience for me.

If someone spends hours in finding sniping equipment, gets on a hill, spends more hours finding people to kill them, he can rightfully do so, he earns my full respect.

but if a guy runs around with either hacked guns, or he is just plain bored and decides to go on a killing spree, this is just not the way the game should be played.

the SA will hopefully solve both of these problems, getting rid of the hackers, and then adding mechanisms to the game where killing people for fun will have less priority, instead survival and interaction with other survivors should have a higher motivation. Legit snipers and bandits have to exist in order to add tension and realism. and their motivations are much better understood if they want to loot people or defend a territory.

A way to realize that are things like underground bunkers which allow community interaction like trading, forming groups, or just hang around to chat with people and ask for information such as rumours, or dangerous territories -> adding a reasonable way to roleplay, and socialize with people instead of being in his own bubble of entertainment and killing people because there is no emotional bond between the players.

(of course same thing may happen with bandit camps, and give rise to factions and all that cool stuff)

Edited by Wep0n
  • Like 1

The way I see it, some people play DayZ just for the thrill of the kill- they are interested in the combat and not much else. This is probably why so many private hives spawn you with a weapon/ increase vehicle frequency/ etc., because that lets people get into what I see as the meat and potatoes of the game mechanics: realistic combat. Yes, the element of paranoia and fear that the zeds bring early game is nice, and I enjoy banding together with survivors, but in a game that places so much more emphasis on noncombative actions like scavenging as compared to say Battlefield or Call of Duty the real satisfaction comes from killing (and getting killed by) other players. In ArmA II, there are very realistic ballistics, weather effects that affect the player, realistic injuries like broken bones and bleeding, a procedural loot system, large open worlds, persistent characters, etc. almost all of which is lauded by the community as that which makes DayZ great. However, the fact that one or two bullets from most guns kills (and the weakest guns still only take four or five) is often lamented especially with relation to sniping.

Sniping is not without its perks. It is a quick, efficient relatively easy way to kill someone without having to worry about messy engagements. It rewards you steeply for landing a hit and punishes you heavily for missing. There are many players who appreciate the high-risk high-reward mechanics of sniping, and that is why they do it. But is taking out an unarmed or uninterested player who literally does nothing to hurt you or notice your presence unethical? Yes. However, DayZ is a game that seems to bring out a large gray area in its players in the form of banditry. In my eyes, it is no more unfair to snipe somebody than to shoot them point-blank and loot their corpse. It does however seem unfair from the perspective of the victim as they have apparently been struck down by God himself. So, in summation sniping is not a bad thing, nor is banditry. You're always going to get bandits and those who desire some quick adrenaline and those who desire a more realistic survival experience are always going to come into conflict with bandits, regardless of anything the devs really do.

TL;DR: Bandits will be bandits

• Like 3

Well some pepole aint bandits but if you are in an area you see a guy he has a weapon so he could sneak up so its basicly kill or die but bandits also place there selves in danger by killing a person bullets create a noise a noise seeks a person the persons first reaction is to follow the sound so if you die fair game if you realy dont want to die combat log if you dont know what that is aborting and disconnecting you will not find it fun tho as when you get killed you learn to get better

• Like 1

The only problem I have with snipers is the same as some of the other people here. They rarely go for the loot of a killed player, instead they just kill for the sake of it. I can't imagine this going down in a real zombpocalypse, but that's a different question. I believe snipers and camping (and both together) come about because snipers and using sniper rifles have been glorified by other games and as such they're the ultimate goal for many players of DayZ.

There are many players who appreciate the high-risk high-reward mechanics of sniping

This is another thing too which perplexes me. I don't see how it's high risk or high reward for that matter. If you play as the camping sniper type, the only risks come from people stumbling upon your tree (which you should be able to hear unless they know you're there and they edge forward) and from other snipers, which you as a skilled individual should be able to discover and counteract. As a camper you would not go for the loot of your kill, making the only reward the knowledge that you killed someone. If you don't camp and instead move around like other players and snipe when you see someone, the risk and rewards are the same as other players.

There was someone else I wanted to quote but I forget. They mentioned that a lot of snipers taunt other players for having less skill and big themselves up for using a sniper rifle, no doubt due in part to the glorification of sniping. I'm sure this is something that rattles people's cages and makes them complain, since they never have a chance to defend themselves and prove that they're better than the sniper.

i just complain about bandit snipers, because a sniper rifle is (due to the spawn roules of Zombis) just useless in PVE.

I don'r care about a Sniper hitting me from 600m with a M24...

There are only few of them.

I complan about Snipers spawning full geared (or getting their Gear on a Hive server with admin rights to kick everybody from server to gear up without any risk).

I know how to snipe, and i know how to avoid them. But you can't avoid a AS50TWS in the hands of a bandit unable to die shooting burning arrows of his Rifle with Mashingun frequency porting 2m behind you ...

(ok and i choose a woman as char so i can't wear a Ghillie, but my Playcount is 67days atm without death ... so i don't really care about snipers any more ... i know how to survive 99% of all legit players without killing them ^^)

Edited by Barthel