tacticalbanana

When was the first time YOU killed someone in DayZ?

I broke the two AFK players' leg and stole the bus they had. Its the only coolest thing they had, they also stole the bus from someone else I tracked them down because they were voice chatting and I'm so lucky that I was near their campsite and I was also lucky for them to go AFK for me to kill or just enough time to steal the bus they stole.

Edited by deergab

Was scoping out Stary from the tree line south-west of Novy watching another player go through the military tents when a player starts chatting in sidechat telling some person to put their weapons down and come out of a tent. I quickly realized I was watching this unfold when I looked in the trees on the hill behind the military tents. There was a bandit with an as50 behind a tree. I had only minutes before stumbled on a crash site and managed to get myself a DMR. I was still quite a noob at this game but I had quickly learned that I disliked bandits :D I quick estimated the range on my map to be about 725-750 meters and with my first shot ever from a sniper rifle I managed to break the bandits leg. He began rolling on the ground trying to avoid being hit again. My noobness with the sniper rifle combined with the adrenaline that was flowing resulted in me taking 3 more shots to finish him off. I didn't even bother going over to loot him I let the person in the tents take his gear. I was happy enough I took him out.

So been playing a lot of DayZ lately. Starting to get familiar with where's good places to go. Still a major noob, have only in the last couple days been able to find good weapons (been used to Makarov's & Enfield's).

Yesterday, I spent ages gearing up at Solnichniy I think it was (does it have a military base?). I managed to get pretty much everything I needed, but I wanted an AKM or some sort of assault rifle rather than a shotgun. Just as I was about to leave the military base, a bandit comes in. I panicked and hid in the middle bit that doesn't have anything in it.

I noticed he had an AKM, so I figured, fuck it he's a bandit and he has a gun I want. I would of planned it out a little better, but the server was minutes from resetting, and I didn't want him to log off with that gun. So I waited for him to come outside, I blindsided him soon as he came outside and shot him in the back and he died pretty much instantly. It was the first person I've ever killed unprovoked. Every other kill has been because they shot at me first. Though it was a pretty straight forward & easy kill, it was still one of the most intense moments in the game for me. I don't know what makes killing other players in DayZ so much more intense than in other games.

Anyway, so I grab the gun, server reset's, I log back in, ready to head north and go nuts. Spawn in under the ground, glitch, broken leg, glitch, dead..

Fu-cking Day-Z.

Edited by Chaze

I had just started DayZ after watching a couple of frankie videos. I started near elektro and went to the firestation to get some gear but I couldn't find anything decent. So I head for the farm house close by and find a lee enfield. just as I leave the barn I see a bandit running in front of me through the woods. I shoot right away and hit him but he manages to take cover behind a tree. I sprint towards using a tree to block his LoS. as I reach the tree I lean sideways and see him sitting next to a tree no more than 30 m away, looking straight at me, I manage to shoot him in the face before he gets a single shot off...got an AK74 off him...which I lost breaking my leg in the middle of nowhere 20 min later :)

I had just started DayZ after watching a couple of frankie videos. I started near elektro and went to the firestation to get some gear but I couldn't find anything decent. So I head for the farm house close by and find a lee enfield. just as I leave the barn I see a bandit running in front of me through the woods. I shoot right away and hit him but he manages to take cover behind a tree. I sprint towards using a tree to block his LoS. as I reach the tree I lean sideways and see him sitting next to a tree no more than 30 m away, looking straight at me, I manage to shoot him in the face before he gets a single shot off...got an AK74 off him...which I lost breaking my leg in the middle of nowhere 20 min later :)

I'm noticing a couple of motifs in a bunch of posts here:

-Elektro

-firestation

Yet we still go in anyway.

Edited by Neko-san

One of the first times I remember killing someone was actually a case of mistaken identity.

I was basically looting the elektro power station and found me a nice shiny M4A1cco. Apon leaving the firestation I started taking fire from the field to the north. At the time I thought it was enfield fire but it would have been something along the lines of a cz550 or a DMR.

I ran for cover and hid in the little corner between the chimney and the large TEC building and waited for my attacker to investigate. As I'm hiding there cowering I see a fellow enter the firestation from the back door and start looting, all the while thinking it was my attacker I start shooting into him (being a noob I was surprised at how many shots it took to down him. Upon inspection of his gear he only had a double barrel.

Feeling guilty I made a run for the smaller hill in front of Dobry only to have my legs broken by the person firing at me previously. I hid behind a bush for 20 minutes with broken legs waiting for him to finish me off (I'm still proud that as my noob self I didn't alt f4). After hiding behind the bush a little longer decided I was too scared to brave elektro with broken legs so I clicked respawn and later returned to pick up my gear.

It was my very first life and I spawned on the coast near balota, a highly geared (M27, silenced M9, ghille suit, NVGs etc) russian man who spoke little english came up to me and typed something I couldn't understand.

I typed in direct. "I do not understand?" I suppose he caught onto that I only knew english. So he typed in "Friendly" and he took me to his ATV. He told me to follow and he drove me to a barn where I found a Lee Enfield and some food and drink. I said to him "I am ready to leave" when all of a sudden we were being shot by a guy with a M16 and another guy with a DMR. He told me to hide so I ran out the other side of the barn where I had some decent cover. He killed the guy with the M16 but then got shot in the head by the bandit with the DMR. I ran to his corpse and took his M27, and I guess the DMR guy thought we were both dead and ran out into the open to loot his friends body. While he was looting I had a clear shot and hit him square in the face. I took his ATV and drove to Stary Sobor and died by a Survivor with a AK74.

My first life and that much action and killing. I will never forget that. :)

The first time I killed someone freaked me out.

I was just pootling around the big multi-story building on the coast for a hatchet (I was a noob, but not so much so that I didn't know where to grab an axe), and I heard a large amount of shooting. Being moronic, I sneak downstairs and get shot but not killed. Leg broke, I drag myself into the building and face the door, hatchet loaded and ready. A bandit walks in and says in direct: "I heard shots, are you okay?" "No" "Do you know who shot you" "Probably you" (at this point I was feeling pretty resigned) "Smart boy" And he starts in with his AK-whatever. Somehow, I managed to roll-evade over to him and crack him in the skull. Stole his morphine and his bandages, and went on my way. I was shuddering for the next ten minutes.

• Like 1

It was my second time playing DayZ, my mate and i went to search the west airfield, and suddenly, out of nowhere, This guy and his friend starts shooting at us, which, i may say, was a pretty dumb move, since i had a sniper and they didn't, one of the guy was at the top of a building, looking at me directly, so i told my mate, "Hey sneak on him and shoot his ass", so my mate goes, while i fired some shoots at him for distract him, my mate kills him from behind, and suddenly, the other guy stands (He was in prone so i couldn't see him) and BOOM!, Headshot, they both had Coyote backpacks, so it was epic win..

The First Time I Got A Kill

It was dark. Me and friend had just spawned in on the edge of Grishino. We got our selves a hachet each and saw some light coming from the forsest to the south. We headed through the forest to find a Hero camp. There were 3 men. We waited to see what they were doing. One wanderd away so we snuck up behind the two men standing at the fire and sliced them up. we quickly grabbed there gear to see the final Hero come back. He was looking through his sights on hs m14 aim and spotted my friend. I quickly scoped into the DMR from the hero and shot him straight through the head. my mate was badly injured and shortly bleed out. I took a URAL and shot out the tires on there sedan. I loaded up and picked up my friend.

Ever since i have been a Bandit.

They say the first kill is the hardest. That it becomes easier after that. They are absolutely right.

You grow up thinking killing is the worst sin, an almost unreal occurrence that belongs in the world of make-believe, in movies and stories; an act carried out by despicable villains. Then one day you're faced with a choice you had never thought you would have to make. Answer a question you never thought you would be asked.

Your existence or someone else's.

It is as simple as that. Survival of the fittest they call it. If to survive, you must be fit, and if to be fit, you need to be able to kill, then can your desire to exist be held against you? 

My first target picked itself. I don’t call him a victim, for he would’ve done the same to me eventually, had I not put him down. Anyways, he was a long-time companion. We were bosom buddies, confidantes, comrades and the best of friends. We knew each other’s deepest secrets and our darkest fears. Or at least I thought we did. He certainly knew mine. In fact, he knew about everything that happened to me. I turned to him for advice, and followed him even when I disagreed. I trusted his infallibility even more than my own. Guess I am to be blamed here, but who knew? Life is funny, in the way it changes colors. The sun sets on a once bright relationship, and you're left alone in the dark, wondering how things had come to such a pass. Paths diverge, priorities change, ideologies differ. An invisible, barely perceptible mental gap appears, eventually growing large enough to finally break through the smiles that have now grown insincere. And I had let it stay that way treating it as a minor discomfort that could be accommodated. Big mistake. While I believed the implicit truce between us was an equilibrium state, he went about marshalling forces to launch an attack. I will be honest to admit that I was unprepared and he caught me completely by surprise. This is a lesson I learnt and I’ve never left myself exposed to such a risk since. Conflicts that cannot be resolved must be settled, once and for all.

His attack was meant to finish me off. But I survived. From then on, both of us knew there would be only one result.

There is nothing melodramatic about killing, and if anything, I would say that the post-first-kill feeling is quite an anti-climax. You wait for the violent shudder to chill your spine, you brace for the rush of adrenalin and a whole cocktail of hormones to flood through your veins numbing your senses. Tears, depression, insomnia, all symptomatic of acute guilt, are expected. You’re like ‘here it comes…’, but the penny never drops. And for this, they call you a cold-blooded killer. Not my fault I say. I really wanted to feel bad, to lay awake scared of the nightmares that would haunt if I let slumber take over, to cry tears of repentance and penance. But nope, nothing.

Edited by Gooner205

lol it was so long ago I can't even remember, there has been soooo much bloodshed.

Well the first time i killed was when i found a hackers base with billions of cars. So i ran in it and stole a car. I drove up north not knowing where i would be. I found a pine tree and hid my car. I opened the gear and it had a bizon. I logged out. When i logged back in the car was gone so i ran south because i had absolutely no idea where i was. Then my Frankie powers came to me and i saw a dot moving 1k from me. i pulled out my Binoculars, The guy was still too small to see. So i started running . Eventually i saw someone running at me. I started spraying  at him. I couldnt kill him. That was when my hatred for the bizon started. I pulled out a makarov and shot him. that was my first kill.

They say the first kill is the hardest. That it becomes easier after that. They are absolutely right.

You grow up thinking killing is the worst sin, an almost unreal occurrence that belongs in the world of make-believe, in movies and stories; an act carried out by despicable villains. Then one day you're faced with a choice you had never thought you would have to make. Answer a question you never thought you would be asked.

Your existence or someone else's.

It is as simple as that. Survival of the fittest they call it. If to survive, you must be fit, and if to be fit, you need to be able to kill, then can your desire to exist be held against you? 

My first target picked itself. I don’t call him a victim, for he would’ve done the same to me eventually, had I not put him down. Anyways, he was a long-time companion. We were bosom buddies, confidantes, comrades and the best of friends. We knew each other’s deepest secrets and our darkest fears. Or at least I thought we did. He certainly knew mine. In fact, he knew about everything that happened to me. I turned to him for advice, and followed him even when I disagreed. I trusted his infallibility even more than my own. Guess I am to be blamed here, but who knew? Life is funny, in the way it changes colors. The sun sets on a once bright relationship, and you're left alone in the dark, wondering how things had come to such a pass. Paths diverge, priorities change, ideologies differ. An invisible, barely perceptible mental gap appears, eventually growing large enough to finally break through the smiles that have now grown insincere. And I had let it stay that way treating it as a minor discomfort that could be accommodated. Big mistake. While I believed the implicit truce between us was an equilibrium state, he went about marshalling forces to launch an attack. I will be honest to admit that I was unprepared and he caught me completely by surprise. This is a lesson I learnt and I’ve never left myself exposed to such a risk since. Conflicts that cannot be resolved must be settled, once and for all.

His attack was meant to finish me off. But I survived. From then on, both of us knew there would be only one result.

There is nothing melodramatic about killing, and if anything, I would say that the post-first-kill feeling is quite an anti-climax. You wait for the violent shudder to chill your spine, you brace for the rush of adrenalin and a whole cocktail of hormones to flood through your veins numbing your senses. Tears, depression, insomnia, all symptomatic of acute guilt, are expected. You’re like ‘here it comes…’, but the penny never drops. And for this, they call you a cold-blooded killer. Not my fault I say. I really wanted to feel bad, to lay awake scared of the nightmares that would haunt if I let slumber take over, to cry tears of repentance and penance. But nope, nothing.

Surprised I understood this shit. Jajajajajajaja :beans:  :beans: :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  for you. 

EDIT: Dagun. Ran out of beans on a "Goo0gle" post. Later.

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

Was in a firehouse, I've just found a corpse under the stairs and was checking it out. Suddenly I started taking fire from behind. I turned around and there was this survivor, kneeled 10 meters away, shooting me with his makarov, no reason whatsoever. I didn't have a pistol or rifle, just a hatchet. I run towards him like a madman and started hitting him on the head with the hatchet. Luckily his magazine got empty as I approached him and I took him down. That was my first, and only kill. Been playing for a couple of months.

Well ive killed many but my first kill. I was in the electro firehouse and i had a lee enfield a guy walks in and im like "im friendly dude" and hes like "ok" so he was walking and i was like "hey dude theres a m4 upstars" and then i shot him about 3 times, the adrenaline was so intense. also he was crying over side chat, but today my friend and i hear shots in electro, and i was like "shit gun fire" so we followed the agro'd zombies and the was bandaging himself, and had a mk 48, i put about 30 bullets from my m4 in him, but my friend died i avenged him 

My first kill is actually on the first time I played. Since I play at a friends house every now and then (I don't own it myself). I spawned in otmel. When I started I had a makarov PM. I spent some time looting the docks and taking pot-shots at the infected. Then this guy joins the server, I ask if he's friendly and where he spawned, he said he spawned in Otmel, exactly where I spawned. We agreed to meet up. So we exchanged pleasantries, I asked if he hd any ammo, he kindly gave me a clip for my gun. Then I had this urge to kill him, I was so exited and naive at the same time. I told him "Hey, stop moving, I'll put some food in your bag" Then I walked up, emptied the clip into his head. It was a massive adrenalin rush, in the next hour, I had killed 6 guys, found a stockpile of guns and a car and helped 3 really nice guys.

First kill was someone just leaving Cherno with a full load of gear. I best part was him ranting on the chat window for 30 minutes.

Looted a helicrash in the fields just south of Stary, found a FN FAL, flanked Stary north west heading to the NWAF. A glimpse over the ridge west of Stary revealed a player staring at me in astonishment. I put a bullet in his chest and another one in his head to be sure. After that I felt guilty but I got his NVGs.

Got happily eaten by zombies 10 minutes later.

My first kill was in the church at cherno, I was sat in there with my Lee Enfield and 1 clip of ammo, my blood was low and my friend with a blood bag was at least 10 mins away, so I decided to wait in the church until he came. At this point a player walked in, now this was the first player I had ever seen up close, and having read all the stories about people not being trustworthy, I decided I would have to kill her (him), luckily for me she appeared not to see me and proceeded to loot the church, I wanted to get out of there with my life, and her shiny m4, so I unloaded a full clip of Enfield into her, and a couple more of m1911 to make sure she was dead, unfortunately as that was the last of my ammo and I'd just rang the dinner bell ten times zombies proceeded to swarm through the door and kill me anyway.

I can't remember my first-ever player kill. I do remember one of my earliest kills, though. 

I was in Elektro and had armed myself with a 1911. While in the office building, I received fire. I quickly ducked out the back door, and doubled back to my right rather than go towards the supermarket. I hopped the gap in the fence and quickly crossed the street to position myself behind the houses. But as I crossed the street, I caught glimpse of my assailant. I remember a distinct flash of rage at that moment when I recalled all the times I had been sniped, shot, axed, tricked, run over, ect. I instantly turned back, crossed the street, jumped the gap in the wall again, and sprinted to the other end of the office building. I came around the corner with my pistol ready, completely unafraid.

I looked up and down, and into the supermarket - he was not visible. I deduced he had entered the apartment building. As I approached the door, my sights were up. I saw his legs as he descended the stair, and right as the barrel of his Lee Enfield came into view, I emptied my entire mag at him before darting off to the side and going round the long way. I wasn't sure if I had even hit him, so I decided to re approach. I entered through the back yard, and triumphantly beheld the sound of flies buzzing on the stairs.

I also remember one of my first clear cut, KoS murders, much later.

It was night. I had been playing alone for some time with great success. I had been to the NWAF, survived multiple player interactions. Let's just say I was "seasoned." Kitted up with a very nice pack, medical supplies, a vehicle, and an FN-FAL with nightvision scope, (before such weapons were removed, I found it at a heli crash) I approached Stary Sobor. Even will all my nice loot, I was running low on food, so I entered the back of the supermarket. I walked among the shelves in the back, disregarding the trash and other useless items, when I noticed a noise. It was very peculiar indeed, almost like the sound of chewing...

I realized a player was in the supermarket with me, eating beans in the main area. By the sound I knew exactly where he was. I brought up my nightvision scope, peeked through the doorway, and watched. He stood from behind one of the isles, at which point I instinctively shot and missed his head by literally inches. He aimed at me and I quickly corrected and shot again, hitting him directly in the neck and killing him instantly.

Edited by SalamanderAnder