Sign in to follow this  
tonyuk

A few questions.

Hi guys, Im on day 2 of playing this mod and I have a few questions.

What is direct, vehicle and group chat. I keep on speaking via text ( / key ) and it seems no one can read it. I keep putting can any one read this??? and i never get a response. And i hear people moaning about not using side chat??? or something like that.

I play for hours and see no one, ok i see the z's but no human players.I want to hook up with players and play together, I even get to random towns and theres isnt even a zombie. Where does everyome hang out.

I dont have a map either, so i find it impossible to navigate anywhere, just end up running aimlessly. Are they randomly scattered around the map.

Another thing that IS a REAL pain in the arse is 2 hours into a game and some dick (admin i guess) spawns all players to one place and crashes a heli on you, killing everyone. Are there servers i can avoid so this NEVER happens.

Dont get me wrong guys, im not moaning, if i can sort these things out im sure it will make my game playing alot more pleasurable.

direct -- with a area around you

side -- every one on the server when your playing dayz

go to http://dayzdb.com/map for a map when you swpawn in it tells you what town you are close to

try a private hive they are better with hackers

you wont need anything else

• Like 1

Hey Tony,

Here is a link to useful threads you might find helpful as a new player:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10051-index-of-helpful-threads/

Here is a link specifically to key bindings, including chat :

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4751-guide-keybindings-tips-for-new-players/

Hope you find this helpful!

-OneNineSe7en

• Like 1

Welcome.

Use the . to toggle between chat channels then use / to start your message. Some servers are very against side chat and you may get banned for using it so be cautious.

Are you playing primarily on high population servers? If you press P while in game it will show you the player list. The high populated areas of Chernarus would be any of the airfields, cherno, and elektro. There are also lots of groups recruiting or looking for other players to team with.

In game maps can almost always be found in a supermarket.

A good private server I use is BalotaBuddies.net check their website out and join if you'd like. You wont have to worry about abusive admins or hackers.

Hope that helps.

When you spawn look at the area, then open up 'dayzmap.info' and navigate your way along the coast (it isn't that hard). If your planning on teaming up with players meeting in-game isn't going to be likely, your probably going to be shot on sight or tricked into coming closer for an easy kill. I would suggest teaming up with more experienced players on the forums. I'm willing to play with you in a few hours when I do play, you can add me on Skype if you wish.

Edited by AlexGoesHard
  • Like 1

The different forms of chat indicate what audience you're speaking to.

Direct chat would be anyone approx 50 or so meters near you.

Vehicle chat restricts the chat to anyone currently occupied in the same vehicle as you are.

Side chat is a global chat in which every player can see.

To switch between the different forms of chat you press the period key. ( . )

It's always recommended you try and use the most secluded chats possible to avoid people finding out important information. Otherwise, if you're talking on side chat don't reveal important info.

If you want to play download Dayz Commander and then send me an inbox message here and I will help you out.

• Like 1

One person asks for help and almost immediately gets 5 well written responses.

Beans guys. This is what its all about.

• Like 1

Guys thankyou you SOO SO much, I can see why new players get put off. You just re ignited my spark. Im on Dayz wiki, and thats given me some great info too. See you on a server soon........yeah ok, youll be looting my back pack, but hey, its a learning curve.

Really apprecite it. And so quick :thumbsup: :beans:

what sort of world would we live in if we cant help a stranger out

Guys thankyou you SOO SO much, I can see why new players get put off. You just re ignited my spark. Im on Dayz wiki, and thats given me some great info too. See you on a server soon........yeah ok, youll be looting my back pack, but hey, its a learning curve.

Really apprecite it. And so quick :thumbsup: :beans:

never killed a single guy in dayz .... those beans do look good tho