Sign in to follow this  
Paleocon

So i decided to take the plunge

Been twisting myself around for a couple days pondering this decision, so... Somebody please reassure me i didn't just do a stupid thing. Got the requisite copy of CO off steam and just waiting for it to finish downloading as i type.

My fear is all these stories i keep seeing with people saying they're perma banned out of the blue for no reason or because they looted something in game or someone was doing etc etc and blah blah blah. Seen the tears a thousand times already (been reading the graveyard, lost several IQ points in the process, very enlightening). But i just have no way of knowing if it's just a bunch of stupid teenagers that are only upset because they got caught and for (probably) the first time in their life they can't BS their way ot of it or if the hack detection is actually that draconian. My biggest concern is for any other games i might own, particularly ones that are required to be tied to steam, getting locked down and disabled.That would very much cause me to not be a happy camper.

Yeah i know, why didn't i just wait for SA if i'm so worried about it?.... Impatience. That and there's no knowing how long that'll be and nobody is going to tell me even if i ask nicely, so screw it. <click> buy.

So, please honestly tell me i didn't make a mistake that's gonna get worse than a scorching case of toe cheese...Purty please...

I actually have zero interest in Arma. Left it sitting on the shelf in the store untouched god knows how many times. I look at it the same way i look at Call of Duty and it's kin. If at any point i suddenly feel the need to play with military style weapons, i'll just go open my closet door and have at it. Real guns tend to be more fun anyways. :rolleyes:

This mod is a different story however. I've been looking for quite a long time for a good TEOTWAWKI sandbox survival MMO. I'm impressed with what i've seen so far. Light years above anything else out there. This mod really is the only thing on the planet that could've caused me to buy that game.

BTW, if you're one of the ZOMG WTF I'M AN ANGEL AND NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG EVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE AND IT WAS AN INTERNET GREMLINS FAULT BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm not interested in hearing from you because i can't tell if any of you have ever been honest even once and i'm not starting this thread to give you a place to p**s and whine. STFU and go back to the graveyard please.

• Like 1

99.9% of people complaining about being banned for no reason are just script kiddies who got access to their mom's credit card and got banned. You don't have to worry about being banned for no reason.

• Like 4

the people complaining about being perma banned are either hacking downloading hacks that are viruses that steal there key (thats karma for you) or downloaded something to increase fps off a shady dirty site while battleye are not perfect they will own up to their mistakes.

Skat3rat and Amber are correct. You won't be banned for no reason.

Have fun and welcome to the wonderful world of DayZ!

Been playing for 6 months now, Have yet to get banned from any server.

Batle eye works like this...

use exploits or hacks and eventually your gonna pay for it.

I was globally banned when an update hit and I appealed it and they lifted it. I was one of the rare false positives. So if you don't hack there is nothing to worry about! Cause if you are a false positive they will lift it when you appeal.

use exploits or hacks and eventually your gonna pay for it.

Which is an irrelevant issue for me just for the record. Not even worried about that part since i gave up the notion of that crap back in the days of Diablo 1 after it completely ruined the game for me. Took a lasting lesson from it. Not stupid enough to fall for the optimizer trojan scam either(i can't believe people actually still fall for that. That's 20+ years old).

Edited by Paleocon

The only way you SHOULD get a ban would be either:

- Using something BattlEye consideres a cheat/hack.

- You visit a private hive run by some teenagers who got mad you stole their stuff, QQ, and now you can't play a private hive which means you still have every other private hive and the public servers to play on.

Basically, nothing to fear but fear itself.

Most people tend to get banned from individual servers, not the entire game, when they do stuff like pick up a hacked weapon. You'll only face trouble if you use an actual cheat program.

But honestly, I think you did the right thing going for Arma 2 now. DayZ is honestly not even the best thing this mod has to offer. Stuff like wasteland offer an interesting look into what military shooters should be (screw all that COD, BF nonsense), and there are even more mods that get into the survival/sim aspects. And I think you'll go a bit farther in standalone having experienced the mod in a rougher form.

It is a great game to play, either alone or with a group. Don't let the rumours bother you, I actually thought you were talking about a nother similar named game for a moment. You won 't be banned by anyone other than perhaps a private server admin being childish, Just find yourself a good place to play and enjoy.

There is so much for you to do in game, it is refreshing to be able to choose.

Welcome and Stay safe.

You're safe. Join a private hive if you're that scared. Happy bean hunting!

I worried about this too but i got DayZ a few days ago and havent been banned for no reason yet ;D

I guess there is a really small chance of it happening but you don't need to worry too much about it, just dont get involved with hackers or loot any suspicious crates you find. ( Like a crate full of ammo in the middle of a field, that is probably a hacked crate )

I do sometimes join servers and spawn invisible for some reason and just today i saw about 4 AK's at the Stary Sobor tents, which was weird. Oh well.

Thanks all for the warm welcome and accommodating the easing of my mild paranoia about such things.

Especially mick17. That's the kind of thing i was really wanting to hear.

Go away

Such hostility... :o

You need a nice warm tender hug and a good smack on the ass or something to make you feel better?

I actually thought you were talking about another similar named game for a moment.

Not just no, but hell no. That thing for which you reference but shall not be spoken aloud from my lips is a pay to win money pit scheme and as such is DOA instantly as far as i'm concerned. Aint never gonna happen, especially after the current drama surrounding it and the reputation/history i've read recently about the person making it.

I have been playing for around 5 months and I am on my original key with no issues because I do not use anything extra.

I really don't think those guys are telling the truth. The majority of those guys have the spelling of a five year old and the excuses of one too.

A couple of tips to help you out. First, play on one of these servers: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/92982-community-private-hive-server-listing/

Next, avoid programs like DayZ optimizer.

Do those things and you're good.

I really don't think those guys are telling the truth. The majority of those guys have the spelling of a five year old and the excuses of one too.

Really? Like who? Most of the replies here have properly spelled words AND correct use of grammar and punctuation; furthermore I'm not seeing these excuses of a five year old from other players. That's pretty d**m arrogant of you to "assume" something like this.

Really? Like who? Most of the replies here have properly spelled words AND correct use of grammar and punctuation; furthermore I'm not seeing these excuses of a five year old from other players. That's pretty d**m arrogant of you to "assume" something like this.

He's talking about the people that are currently languishing in the graveyard section, not the responses here. :P

Wow. That came out wrong. Lol, I meant the guys who were complaining about being banned.