Sign in to follow this  
Nardieus

Learning Curve...

I just go this game and I seem to suck so much...it seems too hard to find items and zombies usually kill me...anyone up to join and lend me a hand? I have TS3 and mumble. THX!

Don't panic, it's supposed to be brutally hard and annoying. It makes it all the sweeter when you achieve something.

• Like 2

run run as fast as you can, you cant catch me ive got a retirement plan

• Like 3

I found it the same too, there are loads of good guides on how to play but my best advice is stop playing Dayz and play ARMAII for a few hours to start with and learn the skills or the core game like shooting, using maps, driving vehicles etc, if you don't and you get into Dayz the first time you find a gun you won't know how to use it correctly and the first time you shoot it you will either get killed by Zombies or another player will track you down and blow your head off, ARMA is quite a hard game to start with, the Dayz mod just makes it even harder.

When you return to Dayz sort out a way to view an online map while you play, something like an android tablet or Ipad or dual screens is good.

I personally find cowaring and crawling around a waste of time, I just get in there and run like hell, run around the loot spots and see whats there, loose or kill the z's and come back for it, this way you can cover a lot of ground quickly.

A bike may be your best friend!

• Like 1

I just go this game and I seem to suck so much...it seems too hard to find items and zombies usually kill me...anyone up to join and lend me a hand? I have TS3 and mumble. THX!

I had this problem for the first couple of tries, but found settling in (only been 48 hours) easier as I've watched pretty much every DayZ video on Youtube prior to purchase. I had a spare twelve quid around Christmas so bought the game off Steam while I await the standalone. I knew what the buttons where and what I should be doing in various spots around the map. I was also familiar with the city layouts, although they are somewhat different when in game.

I've only died once and that was because I was unarmed and some swine decapitated me with an axe. Currently about six or seven hours into a new character, stocked up on medical supplies, sniper rifle, assault rife, larger backpack, food and drink and am now exploring the landscape on the lookout for friends, although I know not to trust anyone; my screen is very grey though having lost a lot of blood, so I'd say I'm near death, but I have no friends to give me blood, even though I am carrying two blood packs. The sadness.

Anyway, my point is that it may be tricky to learn, but it's not too hard when you know a few basic things here and there. I'm a noob to the game too, but have only died once in 48 hours, so it is do-able for us 'newbs'. Good luck out there fellow survivor! I need blood!

• Like 1

Read guides and check the wiki constantly for info. Also go to dayzdb.com/map for locations of loot and cities.

It takes about a few days until you're ready to stand a good chance.

118ewsy.png

I went through the trouble of even making a picture. Merry late Christmas.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 5

I sucked real bad on my first couple of lives. I remember my feeling of joy when I found an Enfield only to have the gate boss break my legs and leave me unconscious and easy meat for wandering zeds. I guess the secret is to not worry about dying or losing your stuff. Its gonna happen, but each time you will learn something new. Pretty soon other players will be your only fear. Then you will know you're one of us.

try not to lose heart when you break your legs while crawling prone through a door, or when logging in too close to a tree.

• Like 1

I sucked real bad on my first couple of lives. I remember my feeling of joy when I found an Enfield only to have the gate boss break my legs and leave me unconscious and easy meat for wandering zeds. I guess the secret is to not worry about dying or losing your stuff. Its gonna happen, but each time you will learn something new. Pretty soon other players will be your only fear. Then you will know you're one of us.

Iol'd at gate boss.

I have found that I'm always a lot more successful when I say "fuck you" to carefulness and just rush headfirst into cities (everybody in this game appears to be a godawful shot whenever the target moves half an inch).

So in short: playing like a hyperactive hamster on crack yields the best results for me.

• Like 3

So in short: playing like a hyperactive hamster on crack yields the best results for me.

Same, just rush firestation and hope for a AK or something :)

Edited by MishkaFlow

Loot some sweet shit at hospital camps or used-to-be populated areas :D

I have found that I'm always a lot more successful when I say "fuck you" to carefulness and just rush headfirst into cities (everybody in this game appears to be a godawful shot whenever the target moves half an inch).

Too right, I spent the first 6 hours or so of playing crawling everywhere so the zombies didn't see me, now I say "fuck you" too and slaughter them en masse just to see how big the pile of corpses gets.

Don't be scared, don't cowar in a corner just get in there and blast them, just make sure you have morphine!!

2nd only to driving over a bridge on an ATV boss.

bro, you're forgetting about the triangular lump of ground boss, that mofo flips 2 ton cars and 5 ton trucks

add me mastakush89 im lost all the time to lol