Bloody-Alice

DAY Z MARRIAGE Q&A

Come on love, less of the caps lock...

I have a question that I would like answered:

What the fuck?

Do you honestly believe without some form of hacks, scripts, or some other form of game-breakery you can keep this from becoming the most hilarious massacre I've yet seen?

Also, will there be rehearsals?

Do you honestly believe without some form of hacks, scripts, or some other form of game-breakery you can keep this from becoming the most hilarious massacre I've yet seen?

Also, will there be rehearsals?

Yes and no (in that order obviously)

Indoor venue

If its indoor, and a bandit clan appears and just seals off all the entrances, what are your security team gonna do?

If its indoor, and a bandit clan appears and just seals off all the entrances, what are your security team gonna do?

We've got that covered. That's all I can say.

A plan that I formulated (in the 20 or so minutes since reading this) to successfullytroll the wedding:

Eight people of little-to-no connection need to get invites. (if they can get jobs as drivers, security, or anything else that's just a bonus). Three would attend the wedding itself. Two of them would be armed with hatchets (can't check the toolbelt as far as I'm aware), smoke grenades, and perhaps a couple of regular grenades. Once they start the chaos up the five or so people waiting outside of the "anti-sniper" perimeter would coordinate an attack on said anti-snipers. Simultaneous attack on two fronts, chaos caused by the usage of smoke and the other guests as potential meat-shields would make for a difficult time.

Then you have the eighth guy who's job is just to die along with everyone else. Why? Because once the guests are "relocated" he can relay the secondary location to his seven buddies and they can roll in a bit more traditionally (likely with gear from some of the "security team" now) and take as many people as they can down. Again.

Edit: Of course now that I've detailed it, it would be significantly more difficult to pull off.

Edited by Dekartz

Lovin your work.

Why ruin a beautiful day? Is nothing sacred?

Edited by Fraggle

Still looking for an answer to my prior question.

And if someone on the security team was compromised, things could get a whole lot more hectic a whole lot quicker. You'll have a bunch of guys waiting for something to go wrong. Friendly-fire was already a risk, so how will you be able to tell whether or not someone got killed by accident or to put a hole in the "perimeter" for a pending attack?

It doesn't exactly help that skins aren't really personalized.

That brings me to another question: If standalone comes out before Feb, will you still be having the wedding on the mod?

Still looking for an answer to my prior question.

Why it's a lovely DayZ wedding of course!

@ Alice - Are their any positions open on the security team? I'm great with a gun and of course can be trusted beyond doubt.

Edited by Fraggle

And if someone on the security team was compromised, things could get a whole lot more hectic a whole lot quicker. You'll have a bunch of guys waiting for something to go wrong. Friendly-fire was already a risk, so how will you be able to tell whether or not someone got killed by accident or to put a hole in the "perimeter" for a pending attack?

It doesn't exactly help that skins aren't really personalized.

That brings me to another question: If standalone comes out before Feb, will you still be having the wedding on the mod?

Most likely

Why it's a lovely DayZ wedding of course!

@ Alice - Are their any positions open on the security team? I'm great with a gun and of course can be trusted beyond doubt.

Our team of 800 has turned in their applications, and are currently being reviewed. At this time, we are NOT accepting anymore applications.

So did this happen? Or is 2/1/13 in the American way of talking about dates?

Yep. They have their stuff backwards.