ookaminex

Arma2_KA52 addon. Why can't I join a server

I've been trying for a bit now, but when I load up a server it says I need Arma2_KA52 addon to play. if I ignore this, the screen I get is just blank with some squares. what should I do?

every time i try to join a Day z server i get a message saying i need to get ka-52 addon and i dont know what to do but if i click the a screen with blank butttons and no word

its not launching combined operations i think what versions do you have and how are you launching dayz

steam or retail sorry i should of been a little more clear on that post have you ever managed to play

ok have you installed the patches for both arma 2 to version 1.11 and arma 2 oa version 1.62 and then the beta patch is it retail from gog

the arma2_ka52 is part of arma the only thing i can think of is the install didnt go properly corrupt file (i think this is air2.pbo) or combined operations isnt running have you tried running dayzcommder and seeing if that launching it right you may need to set the path in the settings the other thing is it could be an error similer to the gog version where it puts an extra slash on the path maybe if you take a look at your registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Bohemia Interactive Studio > ArmA 2

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Bohemia Interactive Studio > ArmA 2 OA

and for each of the MAIN and DATA check to see if at the end of the path it puts a backslash

ie

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ <-- remove this if it is there

• Like 1

no problems mate what solution worked for you so others may know

enjoy yourself mate

Same problem, regedit shows the file paths correctly, no extra /.

also missing Wow6432Node from the pathing.

Edited by Styliaan

Same problem, regedit shows the file paths correctly, no extra /.

also missing Wow6432Node from the pathing.

you will be missing the wow6432 mode from the pathing if you don't have a 64bit os

Fix for anyone still having this issue with six launcher:
Re-assign your file paths for Arma, OA and the DayZ mod in options, this should fix it.