Sign in to follow this  
behzad@motaghi.dk

Looking for a decent private hite

I've been looking for a decent private hive to settle down on for a while and haven't been able to find one that quite fits my criteria, which imo aren't that "strict", but I guess I am wrong.

Things that are a must:

Hacking and such is not condoned in any way; no "special permissions" for friends

Admins abusing powers is a no-go (been playing on a private hive for a few days now and just found out 3 of the admins almost always have their admin powers on do what I consider as abusing them)

Killing players in any way is allowed (even unarmed players) - not that I am a massmurderer ingame, just don't think this is something that should be admined but be left to the players

No tags (player name and distance on mouseover)

No bullet traces

Private hive

Things that would be nice, but not required:

No third person

No shift click marker on the map

No crosshair

No deathmessages

Doesn't have to be on Chernarus, I can do Lingor aswell (and namalsk if you've edited out the scoped railgun)

Whitelist

A bit about me: I am mostly a loner since I just came back to day z around a week ago, but I am trying to get my friends to play again. My playstyle is what most people call banditting, though I am not the type of person to act as a "friendly" ingame only to shoot you in the back.

It also helps if you post where in the world you are located so a suitable server nearby can be found for the best ping.

Just a little heads up :)

It also helps if you post where in the world you are located so a suitable server nearby can be found for the best ping.

Just a little heads up :)

I don't think it makes a big difference. I live in Denmark and used to play on a US server where I had just under 100 ms latency, while I have usually under 10 ms latency on German servers. The difference is miniscule (but there), but I doubt there are enough servers in the world of this kind for me to be picky :P

Thanks for the heads up though!

Good luck finding no admin abuse. Almost all admins use the "Admin map" where they can see where all the players and vehicles are. Whether they like or not, they're seeing everything. The location of that Huey'll be in their subconscious mind and one day they'll be like, "Oh I think I remember a heli in this spot!". The last 2 servers I've admin'd on, the owner's done it.

Good luck finding no admin abuse. Almost all admins use the "Admin map" where they can see where all the players and vehicles are. Whether they like or not, they're seeing everything. The location of that Huey'll be in their subconscious mind and one day they'll be like, "Oh I think I remember a heli in this spot!". The last 2 servers I've admin'd on, the owner's done it.

They do exist, though. I used to play on US NY 1 and I am sure the admins (clan Born To Lose) did not abuse their admin powers there.

But yes, as you say, hard to find...

If I have to look to long I'll just start my own server -.- Just can't believe I am the only one who wants a server like this.

Why not give the UK based Balota Buddies a try?

It's ran by a couple of the DayZ forum admins and it's meant to be quite good from what I've heard:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/109642-new-uk-server-balota-buddiescom-great-ping-across-europe/

It's where I'd give a try if I was playing at the moment - unfortunately with exams coming up I'm stuck with studying and sitting on the forums.

• Like 1

Why not give the UK based Balota Buddies a try?

It's ran by a couple of the DayZ forum admins and it's meant to be quite good from what I've heard:

http://dayzmod.com/f...-across-europe/

It's where I'd give a try if I was playing at the moment - unfortunately with exams coming up I'm stuck with studying and sitting on the forums.

Seems interesting, but their site isn't working nor can I see any UK 46 server :(

The web page has been down since yesterday but I'm assuming this is because Zabn is working on it. He's been updating it since forever.

You won't be able to join US/UK/AU 46 servers until you get white listed, which is to protect against hackers, but I'm sure the web site will be up in no time.

I joined the US46 server a few weeks ago and love it. We could use more bandits though, so you're more than welcome to come on over.

"Almost", but not all. I am the sole 'admin' of our server (in that only I have access to the controls), and can guarentee I don't 'abuse' any 'powers'. Course we have no 'Admin Map'. So yes it happens, but there are plenty of us that don't do it. Admins are ment to uphold the highest level of respect to its users, any admin using 'powers' like that clearly shouldn't be an admin.

Having been an Admin for a few years in various games it really does surprise me how some Admins act. I'm no saint, but I think some forgot what an admin should be doing; we're not 'gods of the server'.

Maybe it's just my attitude/play-style though.

✔ Hacking and such is not condoned in any way. Totally hacker free (as far as we know) for months

✔ Admins abusing powers is a no-go. One admin. He's over 40 years old and owns a gaming centre. Friendly, responsible and active.

✔ Killing players in any way is allowed Not if they are new spawns on the coast. Unarmed and north, yes. Armed and on coast, yes.

✔ No tags

✔ No bullet traces Dayz Commander shows tracers on for a few minutes after restart, but then it goes off.

✔ Private hive Pre-paid for at least another 6 months.

X No third person You'll be very limited in your choice of servers if you want first-person only.

✔ No shift click marker on the map You can make a personal marker, but the waypoint system is disabled.

✔ No crosshair

✔ No deathmessages

✔ Chernarus

✔ Whitelist

Bonuses:

✔ Server runs the latest v175 community beta (which means you need to download 3 PBO files).

✔ Teamspeak server is provided, and unlike most other servers, most people use it and team up with each other.

The rule is: don't shoot the people in your TS channel, but everyone else is a legitimate target.

✔ Usually between 5-25 players - time to gear-up, repair vehicles, pitch tents and raid camps when it's not busy, and plenty of PvP when it is.

If you want 40 players on all the time, which usually just results in constant deathmatching, then this server may be too quiet for you.

The server is Wireworld EU (based in UK). Wireworld runs the very latest community beta patch. Follow the instructions in the above link - basically join the lobby and get kicked (this is so your player name and id is logged in the database), then email the address in the 'kick message' with your GUID, and finally download the latest beta (3 PBO files) from the link you're given. The details of the TS server are in the lobby message if you get stuck.

Edited by Anti

Yeah, that's the tricky part. What we've found helpful is changing playstyle. To be fair, we don't usually have a lot of time to play once we're done with admin tasks, and we play a lot on other servers to get ideas on how to better our own server, but when we do play, we generally play in such a way where we attach ourselves to another group and let them call the shots. Want to find a heli? Tell me where we're going to be looking. Want to find a car? Well, where do YOU think one will be? This has worked out great, and I'd recommend it to any admin.

✔ Hacking and such is not condoned in any way. Totally hacker free (as far as we know) for months

✔ Admins abusing powers is a no-go. One admin. He's over 40 years old and owns a gaming centre. Friendly, responsible and active.

✔ Killing players in any way is allowed Not if they are new spawns on the coast. Unarmed and north, yes. Armed and on coast, yes.

✔ No tags

✔ No bullet traces Dayz Commander shows tracers on for a few minutes after restart, but then it goes off.

✔ Private hive Pre-paid for at least another 6 months.

X No third person You'll be very limited in your choice of servers if you want first-person only.

✔ No shift click marker on the map You can make a personal marker, but the waypoint system is disabled.

✔ No crosshair

✔ No deathmessages

✔ Chernarus

✔ Whitelist

Bonuses:

✔ Server runs the latest v175 community beta (which means you need to download 3 PBO files).

✔ Teamspeak server is provided, and unlike most other servers, most people use it and team up with each other.

The rule is: don't shoot the people in your TS channel, but everyone else is a legitimate target.

✔ Usually between 5-25 players - time to gear-up, repair vehicles, pitch tents and raid camps when it's not busy, and plenty of PvP when it is.

If you want 40 players on all the time, which usually just results in constant deathmatching, then this server may be too quiet for you.

The server is Wireworld EU (based in UK). Wireworld runs the very latest community beta patch. Follow the instructions in the above link - basically join the lobby and get kicked (this is so your player name and id is logged in the database), then email the address in the 'kick message' with your GUID, and finally download the latest beta (3 PBO files) from the link you're given. The details of the TS server are in the lobby message if you get stuck.

Will be checking that out, thanks :)

Check out Smacker Central. Definitely worth a visit. Spend a couple hours and you will want to put down a tent and stay a while.