Sign in to follow this  
kevinwebb94@gmail.com

is this an OK processor for this game?

I have the Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz processor,

according to "www.systemrequirementslab.com" this meets the minimum requirement but not the recommended requirement.

My system is kind of old so I'm upgrading my RAM and video card to be at the recommended level, but will this processor cut it?

Edited by Remote

Hm...

It's kinda bad, it might just do it...

It won't be pretty though, I suggest you upgrade it to be honest.

You say you're upgrading your GPU and RAM, what's your budget?

Edited by Declan

Hm...

It's kinda bad, it might just do it...

It won't be pretty though, I suggest you upgrade it to be honest.

You say you're upgrading your GPU and RAM, what's your budget?

Well you can't upgrade the processor without buying a new computer, I don't think...

I've got like $300 ish maybe up to $370 I was willing to spend on the RAM units and video card plus cost of installation.

Also when you say it won't be pretty, assuming I have good RAM count and Video card with that processor, what would be the frames per second?

Edited by Remote

Well you can't upgrade the processor without buying a new computer, I don't think...

I've got like $300 ish maybe up to $370 I was willing to spend on the RAM units and video card plus cost of installation.

Also when you say it won't be pretty, assuming I have good RAM count and Video card with that processor, what would be the frames per second?

Upgrading RAM and a Video card isn't going to help the fact the CPU is bottlenecking the rest of the system which will result in maybe a better picture but not that much of an increase in fps.

ArmA is all CPU and little GPU. You can upgrade the processor without buying a new computer. You just take the side panel out from your case, take the heatsink out of your processor, take it out, put in a new one, apply thermal paste, put the heatsink, put back the side panel, and you're done.

If you're going to upgrade, try to look at tomshardware or overclock.net, there's a lot of useful information if you're new to removing/adding pieces of hardware!

You don't have to buy a "new" computer I'm new here, but I just built a custom AMD gaming desktop for $1275 exact (yes I'm a AMD fanboy) all you need is a motherboard and processor, along with some since your computer sounds like it's from the Stone Age. I would intel or AMD gets the job done, some argue Intel "iz teh best" but I got my motherboard for $105 and an AMD 8320 for $180 total that was $285 which is what it would cost for a decent intel CPU (some will argue power usage and costs) but to answer your question I would look on new egg for a motherboard and CPU and ram, total it should cost you $350-500, they have motherboard cpu combo's if your on a budget and ram is pretty cheap and depending on your Operating system you may not be able to handle more then 4-8gigs. If you need help just message me.

Right, boys and girls.

Who's going to point out the correct thread for the OP? I know we *all* know the proper place for it.

I'm waiting.....

L

Right, boys and girls.

Who's going to point out the correct thread for the OP? I know we *all* know the proper place for it.

I'm waiting.....

L

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/64576-can-i-run-it-ask-here/

Anyway, no you don't need to buy a new computer.

Just look for motherboard and CPU bundles, they're a lot more helpful to find what CPU is compatible with which motherboards, if you're new to PC hardware.

Anyway, you'd better post there, otherwise Orlok will be very mad :(