outrider5

Ambient reminders of social collapse.

As a military veteran I know that during emergencies governmenta attempt evacuations or some sort of civil service action. I would like to PA systems blaring occasional civil defense instructions to the now dead populace. Of coarse these instructions would be automated telling people to go to evacuation centers or to remain in their homes or declarations of martial law etc.

• Like 2

Hello there

An interesting bit of ambience that would be great in one town (but not all over) with a lost still functioning generator.

Muffins

LoK

This would be something that one would hear in the Capitol city. And over radios at the military bases.

Generator wouldn't be neccessary solar power panel attached to the speaker would work

The world indeed does need fleshing out as you have a different experience and a more personal relationship to the environ than one does in Arma. I would like Chenarus 2 to feel more abandoned.

• Like 1

I see your point vividly. Abandonment should not equate a total lack of reminders that there was once a living breathing society. Ambient reminders should remind players that the world wasn't always a bunch of empty buildings and wrecks.

The Celle map has this, with the air raid siren at the Mosque. It is rather annoying but realistic.

Maybe there is a permanent mob of infected trying to reach the speaker?

Just a thought ;)

Yeah.

There is a small island off the coast of Cyprus, Famagusta, that gives the right sort of vibe, the only place for me that would be perfect.

After the Turks attacked the Cypriot island everyone just all of a sudden left, it honestly looks like every just dropped what they were doing and ran.

Cars in the street, houses, hotels, shops all just suddenly abandoned - it's creepy as hell.

Here's a few photos:

IMG_1495_C.jpg

varosha2.jpg

Varosha-Famagusta-Cyprus1.jpg

16.jpg

http://www.rollaclub...attach_id=60347

I've played a server called Anyone in Cherno?, which simultaneously simulates a Russian occupation. The entire town square of Chernogorsk is a makeshift military base, appropriately damaged and often abandoned (there are Russian NPCs on that server, but that's not what I'm proposing.) The ambiance is insane.

This would be pretty neat, like in the movie I am Legend, he broadcasts on the radio that he offers food shelter and social conversation(Joking about the conversation part). It would add to the ambience, atmosphere and lots more, definately. Like scripting if you have a radio and you're in a 100-200 meter radius from the central part of the town you would hear it? :D

Well, if radios are brought in, an emergency frequency (the last/first) could keep on looping an emergency broadcast.

Otherwise, some location specifics looping instructions could be nice.

In Taviana, on one side of the bridge (at leats on the .eu version), there's a siren blaring continuously.

I'm guessing it's a simple soundfile (and I know localized soundfiles tied to objects are already present, placeable and customizable) so it could easily be done.

• Like 1

Two things come to mind: Pripyat, Ukraine and Elena's tour of it http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

Real hospital with hospital rooms, biohazard signs, ripped-apart transparent plastic "isolation walls" and ER wards with bloodstained beds would be dandy as well, not the current "abandoned drugstore" we have right now.

The current Chernaurus looks more like a war-torn country rather than a biohazard "ghost town"

• Like 1

As a military veteran I know that during emergencies governmenta attempt evacuations or some sort of civil service action. I would like to PA systems blaring occasional civil defense instructions to the now dead populace. Of coarse these instructions would be automated telling people to go to evacuation centers or to remain in their homes or declarations of martial law etc.

Hello there

An interesting bit of ambience that would be great in one town (but not all over) with a lost still functioning generator.

Muffins

LoK

I you keep it fueled you have my beans...

The dog barking in one of the un-enterable apartment buildings in Celle makes me sad everytime I hear it. Poor doggy, I'd give you some beans if I could.