Sign in to follow this  
Grunt9101

Everything is private :(

Ok, so I'm at the 6 launcher and every single game I can see is private hive, which from what my brother told me is something not connected to the normal Dayz server base. Where can I find a normal DayZ server that doesn't have all this extra crap, and is connected so when I log out my ch aracter is saved server side? Anyone have any good ones?

FR16 is more secure than any server I've been on. Oh did I mention that most private hives have a degree of admin abuse, you know with the admins being in control of EVERYTHING and all.

Use dayz commander. I'm looking at a ton of public hives right now. (Also, did you make sure all your filters were off?)

Public hives wont have all the shit added into the map. also wont have any custom starter packs.

Alright, well honest to god just got hacked hardcore on a server i was on for 2 hours, so guess private hive it is.

so I guess my dilemma is this:

deal with hackers on a normal server

or

go to private server and deal with admin abuse/not normal stuff.

Edited by Grunt9101

We have a public hive, and several other hives that alternate from public to private. Also a sole PvP Utes server for that quick load in and practice. Check out DayZGaming.com

Also, try out DayZCommander for downloading. It works much better than Six launcher I think, and many others might agree.

• Like 1

Went back to public hive today, logged in my character was on day 90. Lasted 40 minutes before a hacker killed the whole server.

Whitelisted private hives are definitely safer from hackers than public ones, but they come with built in hackers, namely the admins. They can do quite a lot, spawn in gear, vehicles and spy on all player locations. Butthurt admins who rollback their server if something goes wrong and give custom gear to themselves and their friends is not any better than public hack infested servers.

• Like 1

Don't even bother with Public hives. Find a well established community with adult admins and you'll be fine. I've only ever experienced a small amount of admin abuse and that is when they banned my whole group because they got sick of us killing them even though they were duping fuckwits (Ice from GloVine, AU4)

Alright, well honest to god just got hacked hardcore on a server i was on for 2 hours, so guess private hive it is.

or

I understand your problems about Private Hives but trust me not all admins are like that, I run a UK based custom server and i run it clean without problems, i barely have to get involved, I run it like this 'cos like yourself i was getting frustrated with all the Admin abuse etc and the scripters on Public servers were annoying the hell outta me,

As some have said check the Private Hive Discussion thread, plenty of top rated servers in there.

• Like 1

There are tons of secure public hives! UK 25 is one of them, in which I usually play on (shhhhh.......)

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 1

Balota Buddies is really good.

There's some questionable shit, like loot cycling but that's hardly cheating really and in the last 2 months I've seen zero hacker activity.

Edited by Bricks

As for a fair server Balota Buddies servers are great.

As for the people complaining about bad admins, they are out there. Abusing the power a admin has is bound to happen. Personally i just choose not to play on those servers at the first sign of it. I bet if (some) the people complaining received special privilages tho, some would be singing a different song. I'd prefer a bad admin over a script bitch any day. I can choose to avoid the bad admin.

Edited by Pendragon

or

Hackers go to private hives too! i dont know where people got the idea that they dont.

whitelisted is the ONLY way to avoid hackers.

So many of these private hives have stupid starter packs and crap

I hate these carebears who need to start with a gun and food just to survive

Hackers go to private hives too! i dont know where people got the idea that they dont.

whitelisted is the ONLY way to avoid hackers.

there's no inherent reason they can't go to whitelisted servers. there's only the hope that they wouldn't bother to go through the whitelisting process, but that's hardly a guarantee

ultimately the most important thing is an active admin... that's not hacking or otherwise cheating themselves

• Like 1