Tigerr13

DayZ 1.7.1 Discussion - Others will be locked/deleted!

At this point, wouldn't you just save yourself some time and typing and come to the conclusion that this game isn't for you? I mean, I'm not quite sure the reason your posting here. There is nothing constructive being offered. No ideas for improvement.......I mean...

...am I missing something here?

At this point' date=' wouldn't you just save yourself some time and typing and come to the conclusion that this game isn't for you? I mean, I'm not quite sure the reason your posting here. There is nothing constructive being offered. No ideas for improvement.......I mean...

...am I missing something here?

[/quote']

not sure if serious. . . if you read you would have easily interpreted my critisim and suggestion, but if i must plainly state it so that you can understand:

"weapon spawn rates are too low. makarov is more rare than a 1911, this should be addressed"

this mod started to become my favourite game some days ago, then i didn't play for about a week cause no time, yesterday i updated it. then i spawned in the sea, while i logged off somewhere near the cost, and lost nearly all my gear, but okay.

respawned. and it took me 5 lives to get into a town to find a single gun. and 4 hours. i looted an office building, a supermarket, 2 barns and a lot of houses. loads of shotgun ammo though. and 2 maps. the supermarket had 4(!) watches.

since i've installed the latest update, the ONLY weapons i've found were 2 revolvers during about 8 hours of playing.

this may be bad luck, since some people here claim to be finding weapons whereever they go, but to me, the spawn rates seem pretty screwed right now.

a lot of loot spawns are not accessible to a starting player, because almost everything that has 4 walls and a roof holds zombies inside. and you cant deal with them.

you can aggro them (i found the new zombies disgustingly attentive as well as most people) and try to shake them, which sometimes works hilariously easy and sometimes not at all.

you take a high risk because a single hit may as well break your bones for mostly pretty average loot. often only tin cans.

the incident that made me go write this was when i found my second revolver. i managed to prone all the way into kozlovka to the brick building in the center. which took me the quarter of an hour and wasn't challenging or thrilling or anything, but fucking boring.

inside, i noticed a lot of revolver ammo, which got me pretty excited, and i actually found one. i was crouch-walking inside the house, the entire time. as i approached the gun, i aggroed a zombie outside the house. i don't know how, both my visibility and audibility were at zero. picked up the revolver, put a bullet through his head, ready to leg it.

that shot, however, either aggroed half the village or had 10 zombies spawn around the house. i didn't make it out, because they swarmed in both entrances, and the second hit i took knocked me out. i raged.

i love this game, and it is one of the most interesting things i've played during the past few months. but at the moment, it is no fun at all.

i've got nothing against spawning without a gun, but finding one shouldn't be that damn hard. even if you find one, you're not garantueed to get it, due to the super-zombies.

to the people claiming this encourages teamwork, it doesn't. it encourages not killing fellow newbs cause noone is able to. bandits will still shoot dudes for the laugh, and teaming up is of no use because a teammate without a gun is of no use.

so in my opinion, the zombies ability to spot survivors needs to be tweaked down. maybe a little, maybe a little more, but this is obviously a key factor of the game, and since it is in alpha, we may need to go some distance to reach a perfect state of that one.

if survivors spawn without a weapon, the zombies need to be severly weaker and, most importantly, should spawn a lot fewer INSIDE houses.

thats most of it i guess, i hope you guys keep up the awesome work and manage to design the game in a way so that everyone is satisfied in the end.

Wierd thing... Ended up grouping with 4 other people and as a group we had no problem finding weapons. it actually felt like more weapons spawned while we were grouped than when I would play solo. So I dont know whats going on anymore.

Three hours together we found 2 AK's, 2 Winchesters, an m9, an Enfield, silenced machine gun, m16, 2 remmingtons, 3 I forgot which guns from a downed huey, and a sniper rifle.

We already have Take Backpack and Open Backpack.

As for the Hatchet/Crowbar, can we have "Take as Melee" and "Take as Tool" and with the latter action it would go straight to the toolbelt.

The Crowbar should have a seccond function, to demolish barbed wire concertina's.

this mod started to become my favourite game some days ago' date=' then i didn't play for about a week cause no time, yesterday i updated it. then i spawned in the sea, while i logged off somewhere near the cost, and lost nearly all my gear, but okay.

respawned. and it took me 5 lives to get into a town to find a single gun. and 4 hours. i looted an office building, a supermarket, 2 barns and a lot of houses. loads of shotgun ammo though. and 2 maps. the supermarket had 4(!) watches.

since i've installed the latest update, the ONLY weapons i've found were 2 revolvers during about 8 hours of playing.

this may be bad luck, since some people here claim to be finding weapons whereever they go, but to me, the spawn rates seem pretty screwed right now.

a lot of loot spawns are not accessible to a starting player, because almost everything that has 4 walls and a roof holds zombies inside. and you cant deal with them.

you can aggro them (i found the new zombies disgustingly attentive as well as most people) and try to shake them, which sometimes works hilariously easy and sometimes not at all.

you take a high risk because a single hit may as well break your bones for mostly pretty average loot. often only tin cans.

the incident that made me go write this was when i found my second revolver. i managed to prone all the way into kozlovka to the brick building in the center. which took me the quarter of an hour and wasn't challenging or thrilling or anything, but fucking boring.

inside, i noticed a lot of revolver ammo, which got me pretty excited, and i actually found one. i was crouch-walking inside the house, the entire time. as i approached the gun, i aggroed a zombie outside the house. i don't know how, both my visibility and audibility were at zero. picked up the revolver, put a bullet through his head, ready to leg it.

that shot, however, either aggroed half the village or had 10 zombies spawn around the house. i didn't make it out, because they swarmed in both entrances, and the second hit i took knocked me out. i raged.

i love this game, and it is one of the most interesting things i've played during the past few months. but at the moment, it is no fun at all.

i've got nothing against spawning without a gun, but finding one shouldn't be that damn hard. even if you find one, you're not garantueed to get it, due to the super-zombies.

to the people claiming this encourages teamwork, it doesn't. it encourages not killing fellow newbs cause noone is able to. bandits will still shoot dudes for the laugh, and teaming up is of no use because a teammate without a gun is of no use.

so in my opinion, the zombies ability to spot survivors needs to be tweaked down. maybe a little, maybe a little more, but this is obviously a key factor of the game, and since it is in alpha, we may need to go some distance to reach a perfect state of that one.

if survivors spawn without a weapon, the zombies need to be severly weaker and, most importantly, should spawn a lot fewer INSIDE houses.

thats most of it i guess, i hope you guys keep up the awesome work and manage to design the game in a way so that everyone is satisfied in the end.

[/quote']

i completely agree with your assesment my friend :) so much so, there is nothing else for me to add. everything you said reflects my own experience :)

This is supposed to be late in the zombie apocalypse. The server I usually play on has 25 players to 350-500 zeds; that's more than 10:1 ratio. You would think that someone to actually have had survived long enough to reach that point, they had more basic supplies than 1 bandage, 1 ALICE bag, and 1 flashlight. Not liking the spawn package.

I almost wish that the devs would give you a class set to choose from:

1. Hunter: gets a crossbow w/ 3-5 bolts, hunting knife, and backpack.

2. Worker: hatchet, tool box, and flashlight

3. Soldier: 1911 w/only one magazine, flares, and canteen.

4. Urban: shotgun w/ 4 shots, painkillers, and morphine.

Finding guns should be relatively easy, just not ammo that fits. No one should have bandages. They should be scrounged up.

Just frankly don't like the new rules set. I know this is an alpha, but I would not buy this game as is.

This is supposed to be late in the zombie apocalypse. The server I usually play on has 25 players to 350-500 zeds; that's more than 10:1 ratio. You would think that someone to actually have had survived long enough to reach that point' date=' they had more basic supplies than 1 bandage, 1 ALICE bag, and 1 flashlight. Not liking the spawn package.

I almost wish that the devs would give you a class set to choose from:

1. Hunter: gets a crossbow w/ 3-5 bolts, hunting knife, and backpack.

2. Worker: hatchet, tool box, and flashlight

3. Soldier: 1911 w/only one magazine, flares, and canteen.

4. Urban: shotgun w/ 4 shots, painkillers, and morphine.

Finding guns should be relatively easy, just not ammo that fits. No one should have bandages. They should be scrounged up.

Just frankly don't like the new rules set. I know this is an alpha, but I would not buy this game as is.

[/quote']

you start with a coyote pack not alice pack and any form of class system would break the game.

Starting without a weapon is fine, but low end starter weapons need to be more accesible to starting characters. hatchets and crowbars are pretty easy to come accross, but they still need to be worked out and are kinda buggy. makarovs are painfully low spawn in the starting area now, and its ammo is like the weed of chenarus spawning abundantly everywhere. maybe something weaker like a .22 could be introduced. maybe make crossbows more abundant at barns near the coast or something idk.

I've got a ton of complaints about the current patch, but most have already been covered by other people (Defenseless start (Should start with a melee weapon at least), ridiculous aggro,)

But can we up the morphine rate quite a bit? I mean, it'd be fine as is if I was getting broken bones legitimately by falling, getting shot, or being hit... but I've broken bones twice now by being prone and just turning in a way the game just didn't like. Luckily, the first wasn't all that dissapointing. But dammit, the second pissed me off. Was farther north than I'd ever been with the best gear I'd gotten. So I died server hopping scrounging for a damned morphine because of a stupid bug... T-T But enough QQ from me.

Also... Why can zombies climb ladders? Especially ones that have to crawl around? Same thing with opening doors. Something tells me brain-dead corpses don't have the motor skills to do either of those things.

After another hundred hours or so...

Zombies are ridiculously sensitive. In-fact the whole zombie system has been entirely raped. The LOS system is buggy, works when it wants to, and at it's best is no means of compensation for the insanely perceptive radar zombies of uber damage. Of course they also spawn in all of the buildings. And even when they're outside and you manage to prone all the way in, it does little, they can magically see you through the wall, and prone or not, they're coming in to get you/give your position away. Terrible zombies...

It's too dark. Wise up. Just, no more needs to be said. textures require a little gamma. Wake up..

Item spawns are borked. I spent 3 hours looking for a pistol yesterday, over 5-6 servers. Nada. And primary weps, forget it.. You'll find nothing at-all, and then 300 enfields in a room in the residential area of cherno, or something similarly ridiculous. And you want a compass?. Fuck no. Have 3 thousand watches.. I literally spend 2 hours finding a compass across 15+ servers (farming stores). No fun, no fun whatsoever.

Morphine. We need to spawn with a morphine. Currently it's so hard to get, and the zombies are so ridiculously likely to spot you and break a leg, that it's just not worth going into towns. Which is a shame. The gun and food and whatnot I can do without.

Basically the first few hours of a life now (and I see this in almost every player now, on all the servers) is just spent sprinting into the nearest town, running into the building you want, losing your aggro and looting, then sprinting to the next one and doing the same. Only when you've got everything you need and escaped without being killed by a player (because the zero spawn system has done absolutely nothing for pvp) can you actually start playing, and surviving. Everything right up until that point now is just boring boring nihilism. And it used to be one of the most fun parts of the game!.. Real spooky feels. Alas :(.

dolan pls

yAAjG.jpg

Going prone, for those who are not in a hurry to meet their maker within the next 10 minutes :)

Also... Why can zombies climb ladders? Especially ones that have to crawl around? Same thing with opening doors. Something tells me brain-dead corpses don't have the motor skills to do either of those things.

They can do that for quite a while now, definitly pre 1.7.

as rocket stated: they can climb ladders and can open doors because he does not want to feel save anywhere. lose 'em or die.

The biggest issue I have with zombies right now is the insane respawn rate. I go into town with my son spotting from the hill with a sniper rifle. I somehow aggro as I crawl around inside a super market and he and I both shoot a bunch of zombies but before I can start to crawl out he yells "Zombies respawning" and the whole town fills up again.

Had this happen several times in last two days. Before we could clear a small town with maybe 15 to 20 kills each and loot and run. Now the respawn is faster than I can kill them. Makes shooting them a complete waste of ammo.

The biggest issue I have with zombies right now is the insane respawn rate. I go into town with my son spotting from the hill with a sniper rifle. I somehow aggro as I crawl around inside a super market and he and I both shoot a bunch of zombies but before I can start to crawl out he yells "Zombies respawning" and the whole town fills up again.

Had this happen several times in last two days. Before we could clear a small town with maybe 15 to 20 kills each and loot and run. Now the respawn is faster than I can kill them. Makes shooting them a complete waste of ammo.

Other than zeds spotting me through walls, this is probably my biggest complaint about the latest patch. You're sometimes forced to stay in one place for longer than you normally would because the zeds KEEP SPAWNING.

if i understand the spawnsystem right, everytime a player enters an area new Zs will spawn.

in looty places like elektro and cherno its most likely players enter all the time hence there is a high spawn rate.

i am in the north right now, and i cant see many Zs up there. maybe because i choose to survive in less played areas. but i dont really know, its a quickshot.

i really don't understand how you people find moving while prone for 20+min trying to evade zombies is fun....

After another hundred hours or so...

Zombies are ridiculously sensitive. In-fact the whole zombie system has been entirely raped. The LOS system is buggy' date=' works when it wants to, and at it's best is no means of compensation for the insanely perceptive radar zombies of uber damage. Of course they also spawn in all of the buildings. And even when they're outside and you manage to prone all the way in, it does little, they can magically see you through the wall, and prone or not, they're coming in to get you/give your position away. Terrible zombies...

It's too dark. Wise up. Just, no more needs to be said. textures require a little gamma. Wake up..

Item spawns are borked. I spent 3 hours looking for a pistol yesterday, over 5-6 servers. Nada. And primary weps, forget it.. You'll find nothing at-all, and then 300 enfields in a room in the residential area of cherno, or something similarly ridiculous. And you want a compass?. Fuck no. Have 3 thousand watches.. I literally spend 2 hours finding a compass across 15+ servers (farming stores). No fun, no fun whatsoever.

Morphine. We need to spawn with a morphine. Currently it's so hard to get, and the zombies are so ridiculously likely to spot you and break a leg, that it's just not worth going into towns. Which is a shame. The gun and food and whatnot I can do without.

Basically the first few hours of a life now (and I see this in almost every player now, on all the servers) is just spent sprinting into the nearest town, running into the building you want, losing your aggro and looting, then sprinting to the next one and doing the same. Only when you've got everything you need and escaped without being killed by a player (because the zero spawn system has done absolutely nothing for pvp) can you actually start playing, and surviving. Everything right up until that point now is just boring boring nihilism. And it used to be one of the most fun parts of the game!.. Real spooky feels. Alas :(.

dolan pls

[img']http://i.imgur.com/yAAjG.jpg

+9999999999999999

Having played quite a bit more, I still say that weapon spawns are way too few and far in between.

After several hours of play, dozens of respawns, and hundreds of looted structures, I've found the following:

* 2 empty Makarovs. The first never got used, as all exits were covered by zombies and I was eaten. The second I'm currently carrying.

* G17 with two mags

* M9 with two mags

* AK with two mags (was in same stairwell as the M9, luckiest loot I've had in this game yet!)

* Two double-barrel shotguns - shells are everywhere. One replaced by the AK, the other lost upon respawn when I got sick of crawling after a broken leg from a 9500+ health zombie punch (glad this is being addressed in the next patch!)

* Two Enfields. One unfired, the other currently carried and as of yet unfired.

That's it. Nine guns all-told, with two being more or less useless (Enfields) and only five being useable upon pickup. And its not like I haven't looked either, I'm talking Town Halls, Fire Stations, Airstrip Hangars, Military Barracks, Deer Stands, and an endless assortment of barns, houses, and warehouses.

I can not overstate this enough - spawning with not even a melee weapon does NOT make this game more interesting or tense or nerve wracking or scary or nail biting, it makes it tedious.

Zombie aggro can still be tough to shake sometimes (running through a house with two doors doesn't always work) and it seems like even handguns aggro everything in town like Enfields do, but all in all its WAY easier to manage than in prior patches. Once the sound-through-walls bug is fixed (in 1.7.2 according to the notes), it should be additionally improved.

Way too many watches. Not enough Compass. Or Maps. I've found ONE compass so far, and my very first map last night.

Still never found a vehicle other than a bicycle but I think I'm not alone on that one. They're *supposed* to be rare, right?

Some people are nice, most are dicks, had a nice random teammate last night, we got out of Elektro with some weapons and backpacks even as someone was taking rifle shots at us. We were gonna blood bag it up since I had a bunch on me but then I remembered that I didn't have any anymore. When I picked up the new backpack, my old one fell through the floor or despawned and all the medical supplies went with it. And we weren't about to return to the hospital with someone actively tracking and taking shots at us.

I will say that running zig zag up the hill with puffs of dirt kicking up at our feet was the most entertainment I've had in this game for awhile. I believe over direct VOIP I may have quoted Caboose, "Run-ning run-ning run-ning run-ning!"

I do look forward to the next patch to see how the reduced zombie leg damage and ability to hear perfectly through walls will play out.

But the tedium of spawning weaponless (forced stealth and needing to sprint away on any error, not to mention being picked off for fun by people with weapons who know you can't shoot back) and the ridiculously low weapon spawns do need to be addressed IMO.

I've literally only got one gripe with this game( and its not really a gripe because it makes you panic more which at the end of the day is whats supposed to happen in a survival horror) and that is that the zeds run so irratically it makes them pretty hard to hit, I've even been overtaken by them and then they bear off to the right and start trailing me again. But like I said, its not really a problem because it actually makes the game more frantic when trying to shoot them. I really don't see why people are complaining about difficulty, at the end of the day, surviving in that in enviroment would be one of if not the hardest situation ever.

You found nine (9) guns and you're still complaining? I agree that loot-tables need to be adjusted slightly, but more military weapons are hardly needed at this point.

Heli-crash sites and military tents are abundant if you know where to find them, this is where most people find nicer guns. There should be a big risk-reward situation when it comes to finding weapons I think, not just wandering aimlessly between houses.

You found nine (9) guns and you're still complaining?

Why' date=' yes. Yes I am. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. That is the total number of guns I've found since patch [b']1.7.1 was released, which was how many weeks ago now? I'm not talking about one night of play, here.

When I say "dozens of spawns" and "hundreds of looted structures", I am not exaggerating in any way.

I didn't like the 1.7 update for two reasons.

First reason is, born without the weapon was too tiring and boring, and the players are more aggressive, if the idea was to make people walk in groups from the start failed.

The second reason was that the zombies are very sensitive.

For me the way that the 1.7 was perfect and I was discouraged from playing in version 1.7.1.

You found nine (9) guns and you're still complaining?

Why' date=' yes. Yes I am. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. That is the total number of guns I've found since patch [b']1.7.1 was released, which was how many weeks ago now? I'm not talking about one night of play, here.

When I say "dozens of spawns" and "hundreds of looted structures", I am not exaggerating in any way.

Thats odd, because I got the patch finally working yesterday, and I've found 2 empty Makarovs, a Revolver and loads of Ammo for it, a Double Barrel Shotgun, countless hatchets, and AK with no Ammo and nice Winchester( and like 5 Lee Einfields but they don't count as guns).

Moving On.

I really don't get the problems people are having with zombies. I've been caught a couple of times In Elektro, but all I had to do was get my hatchet ready and carve them up, only down like 2k health after a couple of these melee mash ups. The zombies seem easier to sneak past for me, although I might just be getting better. All in all, I'm loving the new patch. I've died like 5 times already, but I've had endless fun doing it.

I don't have any problem finding guns, it's getting far enough away from the towns etc so as not to have to engage bandits.

I dunno. People talk about average chance to spawn a weapon or get knocked out or get a bone broken. And I guess I just lucked out as the guy at the bottom of the data pool used to calculate those averages.

http://www.despair.com/potential.html