MrBloodworth

You are listening to the wrong people Rocket.

Overall patch is a winner. Needs some smoothing of the rough edges, that’s about it. Biggest problem I see is many players want instant gratification. Aint gonna happen here friends…the goods are there to be had, try to be slick and you too can achieve them.

However...run around town, building to building, like a raving lunatic and become another statistic.

Again I refer you to system/game requirements…

Requirements:

• ArmA II: CO

• DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)

• Balls

Probably should be updated to include Beta. Really to all you people who seem to like to gripe…there are plenty of hack and slash…go play them if you aint got #3 requirement.

If any of you follow the twitter you would of seen this

Hotfix inbound +/- six hours to address a line-of-sight issue and performance issue relating to zombie and loot spawning. -Rocket

I don't get it.

People really enjoyed that easy mode at the beginning ?

Anyway, how long did you used that makarov ?

I usually find new secondary in 3rd building I search and a primary in first 5 buildings I search, that was too easy with also being able to defend against HORDE of zombies !

I was murdering people at beach with first makarov clip, why did I murder them ? Because I could and also they had stuff that I need and they were consuming stuff that I need to find! Now I need to find a weapon first, which is just a matter of 10 minutes >.>, bah, even faster sometimes.

For an example, just spawned in Elektro, found some dead body near fire station, took enfield some beans and other crap from him. Walked into an apartment and noticed 2 guys on the other side of the street, were sweeping through supermarket, killed both of them with my enfield. After looting them I was set, map, gps, hunting stuff (knife, hatchet and matches), winchester, tons of food and ammo, revolver. All that in mere of 20 minutes of gameplay.

I find it EASY because its HARD for other people to play, they are so careless and can't adapt to new things. I bet they heard of Arma2 after watching for the first time few clips of DayZ and bought the game just for that mod. It's ok, I don't have anything against that, but most of them think it's just casual BF like game...

tl;dr

Game was frakking easy before, it was even easier than some console port on hardest difficulty (read: VERY EASY Quake/Doom setting).

People aren't used to high difficulty in games, are careless and impatient, they want everything on the plate right in front of their face.

Wrong people = not me

That's everyone's perspective, unfortunately. Rocket should listen to himself and only take in the ideas he agrees with.

agree with op, game isnt fun anymore, Im a newer player and ill prolly just stop playing this mod unless they revert to the previous starting equipment. having fun doesnt include dying multiple times without even getting any good damn equipment

To respond to feedback... be it negative or positive... with the customary, "it's an alpha, don't complain" is the dumbest response I've seen. Of course it's a alpha.. it's an OPEN alpha, open to the public, open to criticism, open to feedback both positive & negative, ect..

So it's not the communities job to only report bugs they find, they also need to post thoughts, complaints, ideas... ect on the direction of the mod, after all, without the community, the mod is dead except to very limited few.

agree with op' date=' game isnt fun anymore, Im a newer player and ill prolly just stop playing this mod unless they revert to the previous starting equipment. having fun doesnt include dying multiple times without even getting any good damn equipment

[/quote']

Learn from you mistakes. Learn to adapt. Learn to have some patience. This is what everyone's talking about. You want instant gratification. You expect to get the best gear and equipment without doing any of the hard work. If thats what you want then go play wow or cod or some other casual game. This isn't a casual game. Arma isn't a causal game. And since Dayz is a modification of Arma, Dayz wont be a casual experience.

It's an alpha and your job here is TO FIND FUCKING BUGS AND REPORT THEM.

I'm Commenting on the latest change right now. Jackass. Its called feedback.

It's not feedback when you simply slate everybody else.

how exactly is Rocket meant to get feedback if not from the forum posters? this feels like more easymode qq. im sorry but the game was NOT challenging. Ive been running around now for DAYZ. (day 11) completely unchallenged or threatened by Zeds. we NEED zeds to be a threat. we need firing shots to have consequences.

players like YOU who assume that everybody wants a game that isnt fun ARE the problem. there is a fine line between fun, and not fun with a game like this, and DayZ has to find the right balance, which is something that should happen in the dev stages.. such as Alpha..

oh wait. here we are.

quit bitching, post your opinion like everybody else, you do not need to make a thread for your individual crying, you are not a unique snowflake.

Learn from you mistakes. Learn to adapt. Learn to have some patience. This is what everyone's talking about. You want instant gratification. You expect to get the best gear and equipment without doing any of the hard work. If thats what you want then go play wow or cod or some other casual game. This isn't a casual game. Arma isn't a causal game. And since Dayz is a modification of Arma' date=' Dayz wont be a casual experience.

[/quote']

I don't want instant gratification, I was perfectly happy with my makarov or 1991 or winchester, or any gun as long as I had some means to defend myself short of running for a long ass time. As a new player I was just getting used to the map and now it seems I cant even sneak around without a zombie chasing me for 45 mins or getting shot in the face by a bandit with no means of self defense. thats not fun, its just annoying.

The forums are a fraction of your player base. Mostly' date=' those that are invested in it.

Basing a game change like this on a hand full of Hardcore merit badge seekers was your first mistake.

[/quote']

Says the guy with over 100 posts.

The forums are a fraction of your player base. Mostly' date=' those that are invested in it.

Basing a game change like this on a hand full of Hardcore merit badge seekers was your first mistake.

[/quote']

Says the guy with over 100 posts.

Yep.

I agree with OP 100%. Too bad "hardcore realism fanboys" will swarm this thread and call you an idiot. Im so tired of this DayZ community part that blindly believe in realism and want everything "realistic". Everyday it's like: "There is a problem with this or this, it is a bug" and average response to that is "F*ck you noob, it is realistic! BB! GO PLAY COD!"

Learn from you mistakes. Learn to adapt. Learn to have some patience. This is what everyone's talking about. You want instant gratification. You expect to get the best gear and equipment without doing any of the hard work. If thats what you want then go play wow or cod or some other casual game. This isn't a casual game. Arma isn't a causal game. And since Dayz is a modification of Arma' date=' Dayz wont be a casual experience.

[/quote']

I don't want instant gratification, I was perfectly happy with my makarov or 1991 or winchester, or any gun as long as I had some means to defend myself short of running for a long ass time. As a new player I was just getting used to the map and now it seems I cant even sneak around without a zombie chasing me for 45 mins or getting shot in the face by a bandit with no means of self defense. thats not fun, its just annoying.

I spawned just like you with the same gear, found a town, went prone and headed for the first enterable building i could find. Inside was a Makarov, a Winchester, and a double barreled shotgun. I didn't aggro any zombies on my way in nor on my way out. My point is that you cant just run and gun like before. You need to think before you move. Be aware of your surroundings.

While i would agree there are plenty of kinks that need to be ironed out I am very pleased with this new build.

Your second mistake was listening to those complain about being killed on the beach.

The third mistake was listening to who ever told you it was OK to patch on a Saturday.

You have taken a game that was fun, challenging, and rewarding, and made it for the small few who would like the game to shock balls on death.

Seriously, game was quite enjoyable before, now, its just an exercise in frustration with no fun to be had. I was really looking forward to this patch too, so was my group. Now we have no will to log in.

Its the wrong direction.

My suggestion to you, fix the zombie arggo range, and the loot spawns, and revert the starting equipment. Then we can all have fun again getting eaten and shot. Then you can get back work on features and systems that actually add value to the experience.

[/quote']

Amen.

Your second mistake was listening to those complain about being killed on the beach.

The third mistake was listening to who ever told you it was OK to patch on a Saturday.

You have taken a game that was fun, challenging, and rewarding, and made it for the small few who would like the game to shock balls on death.

Seriously, game was quite enjoyable before, now, its just an exercise in frustration with no fun to be had. I was really looking forward to this patch too, so was my group. Now we have no will to log in.

Its the wrong direction.

My suggestion to you, fix the zombie arggo range, and the loot spawns, and revert the starting equipment. Then we can all have fun again getting eaten and shot. Then you can get back work on features and systems that actually add value to the experience.

[/quote']

1. Yawn

2. Yawn

3. Yawn

If anything this patch made the game far EASIER

Facts are.

Ran from kamenka to cherno

Chased by every zombie inbetween

Arrive at cherno

Ran through building and lost them all.

GG have fun.

Its the wrong direction.

[/quote']

I will TLDR my reply: L2P

Its the wrong direction.

[/quote']

fully agreed~

Its the wrong direction.

[/quote']

Because Rocket should listen to you, right?

agree with op' date=' game isnt fun anymore, Im a newer player and ill prolly just stop playing this mod unless they revert to the previous starting equipment. having fun doesnt include dying multiple times without even getting any good damn equipment

[/quote']

Learn from you mistakes. Learn to adapt. Learn to have some patience. This is what everyone's talking about. You want instant gratification. You expect to get the best gear and equipment without doing any of the hard work. If thats what you want then go play wow or cod or some other casual game. This isn't a casual game. Arma isn't a causal game. And since Dayz is a modification of Arma, Dayz wont be a casual experience.

You can grab the best gear in Dayz within 3 hours if you know what you're doing. It's not about being able to grab the best gear; anyone with half a brain can do that. It's about the fact that the sense of immersion of having to utilize a combination of speed and stealth is completely broken due to super zombies that can see/sense you from anywhere coming from a mile away, particularly during day time.

[/quote']

You can grab the best gear in Dayz within 3 hours if you know what you're doing. It's not about being able to grab the best gear; anyone with half a brain can do that. It's about the fact that the sense of immersion of having to utilize a combination of speed and stealth is completely broken due to super zombies that can see/sense you from anywhere coming from a mile away, particularly during day time.

I don't understand these super zombies everyone is talking about, I went afk for ~10 minutes and when I came back there were zeds less than 10 meters away, I crouch walked away no problems. Have none of you ever played a stealth game?

I agree with OP 100%. Too bad "hardcore realism fanboys" will swarm this thread and call you an idiot. Im so tired of this DayZ community part that blindly believe in realism and want everything "realistic". Everyday it's like: "There is a problem with this or this' date=' it is a bug" and average response to that is "F*ck you noob, it is realistic! BB! GO PLAY COD!"

[/quote']

But it is true. Dayz is a simulation mod based on a simulation game. It is not an FPS nor a third person shooter however people insist that it be on par with those for some odd reason.

This game (vanilla as well as mod) requires patience and planning not running and gunning like COD or BF3 or insert shooter name here. Most people don't have the patience nor the capability to plan their movements hence they prefer dumbed down zombies which a 2 year old can crawl by without being noticed. How many of those whining here have played the vanilla game with the unforgiving AI I wonder. This is a fucking SIMULATION fgs!

Every game is supposed to be challenging and that is why people play them. However all these whiny threads promote exact the opposite. Why do you ppl even play this mod I don't get it?

[/quote']

Didn't feel like typing this again.

I spawned just like you with the same gear' date=' found a town, went prone and headed for the first enterable building i could find. Inside was a Makarov, a Winchester, and a double barreled shotgun. I didn't aggro any zombies on my way in nor on my way out. My point is that you cant just run and gun like before. You need to think before you move. Be aware of your surroundings.

While i would agree there are plenty of kinks that need to be ironed out I am very pleased with this new build.

[/quote']

This all comes down to breaking people's comfort zones. When you do that people get irritated and butthurt. I expect all this QQ will evaporate sooner rather than later once new strategies are discovered.

Me, however, already have a strategy. So no QQ here :)