MrBloodworth

You are listening to the wrong people Rocket.

When games listen to the people who want to make it easy' date=' they eventually get bored and quit. Remember WoW started appealing to the care bears and making hard content optional/pointless? The game was too easy with zombies once you had a decent group, you could just crawl past them.

[hr']

And people are gonna have to start adapting to changes patch to the patch, the more people play the game, the more whining there will be when the game gets harder. Don't make the game easier for bandits who could just ignore zombies by crawling previously. People will have to adapt to zombies seeing through their front rather than 360 degrees.

actually, the biggest problem WoW had is that it started listening to the hardcore raid fans and suddenly it became a game about reaching max level and raiding bosses. When WoW first came out, it was a pretty fresh game all the way up to level 60...however now none of that is fresh, everything they add in is just as stale, and the only thing to do is raid high level instances for hours on end.

The casuals did ruin some aspects of it. Cataclysm and Mysts of Pandera see a lot of the talent trees being shredded away.

That being said, the complaint about the difficulty around zombies now isn't that they were made too difficult. A lot of us wanted them to be more difficult so that bandits had to work for their loot. the problem is now however that the vision isn't working as intended and is over sensitive...hence it's being rolled back.

tl;dr: It's not that it's too hard, it's just not working as intended.

The largest problem with this patch for me happens to be the lack of a gun. I know the internet, and the internet likes to grief, and nothing says free griefing like having players be unable to defend themselves.

Protip: If you make a post like Slapp's' date=' you are an unproductive member of the community.

[/quote']

Yes, if you disagree with Wired or the OP, you are being unproductive.

snipped for being mindless drivel

So proving me right about you does what exactly?

When games listen to the people who want to make it easy' date=' they eventually get bored and quit. Remember WoW started appealing to the care bears and making hard content optional/pointless? The game was too easy with zombies once you had a decent group, you could just crawl past them.

[hr']

And people are gonna have to start adapting to changes patch to the patch, the more people play the game, the more whining there will be when the game gets harder. Don't make the game easier for bandits who could just ignore zombies by crawling previously. People will have to adapt to zombies seeing through their front rather than 360 degrees.

actually, the biggest problem WoW had is that it started listening to the hardcore raid fans and suddenly it became a game about reaching max level and raiding bosses. When WoW first came out, it was a pretty fresh game all the way up to level 60...however now none of that is fresh, everything they add in is just as stale, and the only thing to do is raid high level instances for hours on end.

The casuals did ruin some aspects of it. Cataclysm and Mysts of Pandera see a lot of the talent trees being shredded away.

That being said, the complaint about the difficulty around zombies now isn't that they were made too difficult. A lot of us wanted them to be more difficult so that bandits had to work for their loot. the problem is now however that the vision isn't working as intended and is over sensitive...hence it's being rolled back.

tl;dr: It's not that it's too hard, it's just not working as intended.

The largest problem with this patch for me happens to be the lack of a gun. I know the internet, and the internet likes to grief, and nothing says free griefing like having players be unable to defend themselves.

Protip: If you make a post like Slapp's' date=' you are an unproductive member of the community.

[/quote']

But lets get back to the real argument, shall we? The game needs to be dumbed down, gents. In its current state it is much too difficult. I propose that we give weapons back to newly spawned players. Laser death rays should be sufficient. Also, spawning players should also be rewarded with a 'my little pony' that they can ride around the map. 'My little pony' will on occasion whisper positive affirmations to the player - "go on Wired, you can do it! I believe in you because you are unique and special!"

I think the whole zombie idea is a little on the extreme side, so perhaps we can trim that out? Zombies can be replaced with care bears maybe? The player can interact with the care bears for cuddles and ABC sessions. The laser death rays can be used to shoot weeds growing in the care bear gardens perhaps? Or maybe the idea of laser death rays is a little extreme. We wouldn't want to upset anyone now, would we?

Night time is wholly unrealistic. It doesn't get dark in real life, so why would it ingame? That whole premise is just absurd. I vote that we remove it from the game. Infact, everyday should be sunny and bright, with lots of rainbows too. But no rain. Rain might upset our gentler player base.

So proving me right about you does what exactly?

Exactly, at least before you MIGHT get lucky and sneak up on the guy with a Makarov and kill him, or even a few shots from a distance might actually hit him and force him to back off. Right now though, you can literally run onto the coast and just gun people down left and right.

And it seems Rocket understands that the current Zombie behavior is not working as intended, and is making fixes to try and make it more realistic and in tune with the lore behind Infected/Zombies.

The largest problem with this patch for me happens to be the lack of a gun. I know the internet' date=' and the internet likes to grief, and nothing says free griefing like having players be unable to defend themselves.

[/quote']

It takes less than 10 min to find a weapon and that still wont help you survive aggroing a shit load of zombies due to the fact that you don't know how to sneak. Like I said plenty of times. Go prone and belly crawl in towns. Learn to be aware of your surroundings. You cant run and gun past zombies any more. learn to deal with it.

The largest problem with this patch for me happens to be the lack of a gun. I know the internet' date=' and the internet likes to grief, and nothing says free griefing like having players be unable to defend themselves.

[/quote']

It takes less than 10 min to find a weapon and that still wont help you survive aggroing a shit load of zombies due to the fact that you don't know how to sneak. Like I said plenty of times. Go prone and belly crawl in towns. Learn to be aware of your surroundings. You cant run and gun past zombies any more. learn to deal with it.

You cannot prone past Zombies. You're dumb as fuck. If there's 6+ Zombies in the area, you will aggro no matter what you do. Their super vision along with super view direction along with the previously "unknown" nerf to proning caused them to aggro no matter what the hell you were doing.

The people who were saying "WE'RE HARDCORE L2P SCRUB WTF BBQ LOLOLOLOLOLOL" are wrong. Period. The LOS/Visual mechanics are not working as intended, as evidenced by the fact that Rocket has to roll back the changes while making tweaks to kneel walking.

Changes nothing. As does any of this whining or bickering. Rocket has shown that he is pretty clear on the direction he wants to go with this mod. Take a look at the latest patch...

Protip: There won't be any 'my little ponies'

Changes nothing. As does any of this whining or bickering. Rocket has shown that he is pretty clear on the direction he wants to go with this mod. Take a look at the latest patch...

You're right, Rocket didn't intend Infected to have 360 degrees of vision while also being able to see you coming from 200+ meters.

[/quote']

But lets get back to the real argument, shall we? The game needs to be dumbed down, gents. In its current state it is much too difficult. I propose that we give weapons back to newly spawned players. Laser death rays should be sufficient. Also, spawning players should also be rewarded with a 'my little pony' that they can ride around the map. 'My little pony' will on occasion whisper positive affirmations to the player - "go on Wired, you can do it! I believe in you because you are unique and special!"

I think the whole zombie idea is a little on the extreme side, so perhaps we can trim that out? Zombies can be replaced with care bears maybe? The player can interact with the care bears for cuddles and ABC sessions. The laser death rays can be used to shoot weeds growing in the care bear gardens perhaps? Or maybe the idea of laser death rays is a little extreme. We wouldn't want to upset anyone now, would we?

Night time is wholly unrealistic. It doesn't get dark in real life, so why would it ingame? That whole premise is just absurd. I vote that we remove it from the game. Infact, everyday should be sunny and bright, with lots of rainbows too. But no rain. Rain might upset our gentler player base.

:) I like this! Any chance of a rainbow bright sing along in the evenings with marshmallows?!! I would also like it if the bushes spawned candy to eat, and the roads were aliken to a yellow brick road.

[/quote']

You cannot prone past Zombies. You're dumb as fuck. If there's 6+ Zombies in the area, you will aggro no matter what you do. Their super vision along with super view direction along with the previously "unknown" nerf to proning caused them to aggro no matter what the hell you were doing.

Yet there are plenty of people, myself included, who are able to sneak past the zombies. You, sir, just plain suck

You are right. He is pretty clear in how he has wanted things to turn out. Let us review the hotfix he's applying....

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13895

zombies should not spawn inside buildings and you should start with a weapon

I like the fact they sometimes spawn in buildings now. You have to be more careful when entering buildings.

[/quote']

Yet there are plenty of people, myself included, who are able to sneak past the zombies. You, sir, just plain suck

You're bullshitting because you obviously haven't played the game. Anyone who has ACTUALLY played the game knows unless you utilize a distraction to drag Zombies way off the fucking building, you're not getting in without aggro. Period. You're better off running past the Zeds, into the building, doing a quick 15 second looting, while running out the back door or back outside, while glitching the Zeds LOS with another building/wall/hill/etc.

Rocket is hotfixing alot of the problems with the Zed behavior right now, and for good reason. The people like you who said "you just suck, you're not hardcore, you're a CoD player, etc." are the people who kill great games like this. The current 1.71 "unhotfixed" behavior is completely illogical. Period.

[/quote']

My argument was about griefers, not zombies. I guess when I said, "I know the internet, and the internet likes to grief" I was using too much hyperbole.

It means that people are going to die not by zombies, but by griefers who are farming kills on the coastlines.

It takes all of 5 seconds for someone to scope you and shoot you. think you can find a gun to defend yourself in that time?

"You're bullshitting because you obviously haven't played the game. Anyone who has ACTUALLY played the game knows unless you utilize a distraction to drag Zombies way off the fucking building, you're not getting in without aggro. Period. You're better off running past the Zeds, into the building, doing a quick 15 second looting, while running out the back door or back outside, while glitching the Zeds LOS with another building/wall/hill/etc."

The LOS is being corrected, but have you ever thrown a soda can in game to distract zombies?

[/quote']

My argument was about griefers, not zombies. I guess when I said, "I know the internet, and the internet likes to grief" I was using too much hyperbole.

It means that people are going to die not by zombies, but by griefers who are farming kills on the coastlines.

It takes all of 5 seconds for someone to scope you and shoot you. think you can find a gun to defend yourself in that time?

And spawning with a Makarov will definitely help your chances in defending against a griefer with a dmr waiting in the treeline for newly spawned players to pass by.

"You're bullshitting because you obviously haven't played the game. Anyone who has ACTUALLY played the game knows unless you utilize a distraction to drag Zombies way off the fucking building' date=' you're not getting in without aggro. Period. You're better off running past the Zeds, into the building, doing a quick 15 second looting, while running out the back door or back outside, while glitching the Zeds LOS with another building/wall/hill/etc."

The LOS is being corrected, but have you ever thrown a soda can in game to distract zombies?

[/quote']

Thats crazy talk... what use ingame mechanics to effectively play? NEVER!!!

"You're bullshitting because you obviously haven't played the game. Anyone who has ACTUALLY played the game knows unless you utilize a distraction to drag Zombies way off the fucking building' date=' you're not getting in without aggro. Period. You're better off running past the Zeds, into the building, doing a quick 15 second looting, while running out the back door or back outside, while glitching the Zeds LOS with another building/wall/hill/etc."

[/quote']

Would work if the Zombies didn't have 360 degrees of vision. You can throw all the cans you want, but they are gonna see you. Period. Their current "super view direction" is insane, and anyone that has actually played can testify to this. Their distance is already bad enough as it is, but I knew there was something up when the Zombie wasn't even looking at me as I was crouch running quite a distance off away from him, and he STILL aggrod on me.

[/quote']

I wish PvE players would stop giving bad advice. You're not good at the game, you're the moron everyone sees proning and then you wonder why you get domed and never saw the bandit.

[/quote']

I have thrown a bottle and cans a few times to distract zombies before, and I haven't seem to be lucky enough to get it to work right.

Someone I was grouped with was chucking flares, and that didn't seem to have the desired effect either. In fact the one zombie which wandered that way, looked like he was going there anyways.

I do know smoke bombs work. Like a charm. They actually go running for those.

I'm not really "listening" to anyone in particular. I'm trying stuff out. People told me I was insane when I pitched them the basic concept, so I want to explore that concept and find the left and right of arc for it.

"Would work if the Zombies didn't have 360 degrees of vision." I addressed that, and you didn't answer my question.

"Would work if the Zombies didn't have 360 degrees of vision." I addressed that' date=' and you didn't answer my question.

[/quote']

To answer your question, yes. I have. I've used everything from flares, flash lights, etc. etc. to distract Zombies, and it's gimmicky at best due to the glitchy behavior of said Zombies. Under the current patch, the best way to distract Zombies is really to really open up a fucking camp fire or throw a smoke grenade. And neither can be done without having the tools in the first place so....

[/quote']

Many said this is what would happen when Rocket talked about removing start weapons.

Spawns are to close, and someone might have already farmed the town you spawned in/near. Leaving you defenseless.

In real life I could find plenty of weapons to fight off zombies. I would also not leave my house without a weapons. So I have no idea why you are out in the open spawning with no weapon. You should be spawning in an empty house if anything.

I think this whole patch is a mess, and I will be taking a break from the game, till either a starting weapon, or melee is put in.

I do not feel like being killed by griefers, with no way to defend my self.

This patch was made for griefers, and people who play in mass groups. Not the people trying to get a kit starting.

I do not want to here the dumb argument about playing with randoms. I do not want to follow a random just because he has a gun. When you find something he wants, he will just kill you so he gets both. That is all this update did. It does not actually promote teamwork, because the guy with the gun doesn't need you in anyways. You are just dead weight.

I'm not really "listening" to anyone in particular. I'm trying stuff out. People told me I was insane when I pitched them the basic concept' date=' so I want to explore that concept and find the left and right of arc for it.

[/quote']

And that's what I thought. I actually do applaud you for how you're going about this. I just wish it was more accepted to discuss the downsides to things you try out. Not necessarily by you, but by the community in general.

and revert the starting equipment.

And that would add? Oh right, it would bring back all the cod kiddies who think that because you spawn with a gun in your hand its your typical FPS.

I literally see no cons regarding the absence of a starting weapon, none, nada. Meanwhile I see a tons of pros.

Stop fucking acting like all weapons were suddenly removed. It took me 5-10 minutes to find my first gun after every time i died since the new patch. You are defenseless for maximum 20 minutes and in those early moments, usually nothing happens. And when something does happen, like finding another survivor, you can safely team up now and don't tell me you can't because I grouped up with more survivors since the new patch than ever before. Removing starting weapons was the best thing rocket could've done. It truly feels like a survival-simulator now as opposed to just a little mod for arma2.

"To answer your question, yes. I have. I've used everything from flares, flash lights, etc. etc. to distract Zombies, and it's gimmicky at best due to the glitchy behavior of said Zombies. Under the current patch, the best way to distract Zombies is really to really open up a fucking camp fire or throw a smoke grenade. And neither can be done without having the tools in the first place so...."

okay, that sounds like a bug - now, did you report it?