tals975

Completly new to DayZ. Any tips? :)

Just bought Arma 2 and its now downloading. I know DayZ SA is otw but I cant wait, and since its on sale on Steam I figured why not :D

So..

Any tips? I got some time now that its downloading.

Also, how do I join a private hive?

• Like 2

Trust no one. Also Its good to have a mic. Kind of good for gaining others trust

Lol that's sad.

Yes I do have a mic :D

The best advice I could give you is do not play public servers, try join white listed private hives.

Tips:

Kill players with this skin

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/File:Skin_Bandit.png

Avoid players with this skin

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/File:Skin_Survivor.jpg

And it's generally safe to approach players with this skin

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/File:Skin_Hero.png

Be in a group:

People are less likely to f*** with you

• Like 1

Trust no one is a bit much I find. I have been playing since it was just a little baby DayZ and I find that 60-70 percent of people I contact are friendly (using my mic and loud enough that people can hear me).

- Be aware of snipers in Electro, Cherno, Northwest airfield, Northeast airstrip and Stary Sobor.

- Don't run in the middle of roads, paths or railway tracks but instead keep at least 50 meters away from roadways if at all possible.

- Don't waste bullets on zombies unless you have to.

- The crossbow is shit for most things.

- Always keep plenty of bandages and morphine on hand (I keep 4 bandages and 2 morphine on me at all times). Bloodbag is optional but good choice if playing in a group.

- Keep Epi pens in backpack so if you get knocked unconcious and you have a buddy he can access your pack (cant access gear as you are not dead) and use the pen.

- Bullet physics and damage are realistic. Most rifles (if not all) are zeroed to 300 meters. Some rifles you can adjust zeroing others you cannot.

- If you come across a hostile vehicle aim for the driver or the tires for these will stop vehicle most easily I have found. (engine block is an option if you have an LMG or higher cal AR/rifle however it is much simpler, quicker and effective to aim for the driver or tires unless you have an AS50 or M107 cause in that case engine block shots are just A-ok).

- Helicopters are hard to fly, practice in Armoury mode.

- If you find an ammo crate with a bunch of guns in it, its probably (99.9% sure) hacked in. You risk getting banned if you take a hacked gun from crate.

- ARMA 2 and OA are great games on their own I strongly advise trying out ACE mod with them.

- Do not leave vehicles or tents in debug plain, they will not be there for long.

- Meat from animals helps regain lost blood. You need a hunting knife, hatchet, matches and wood to gut the animal and cook meat. Go up to a tree (in the woods) and in the gear menu right click on hatchet and select "harvest wood".

- Hueys guns cannot be reloaded at this time.

- People will kill you for your vehicle, be carefull.

Almost all servers now are private hives so you will most likely be playing on one when you start. Private hives vary from server to server, some have different gear selections, added buildings etc.

• Like 6

1 other important thing: You have to reload your hatchet and Crowbar once. And the Crowbar sucks. But Hatchet is a really good anti zombie weapon.

Any tips?

Not change the key settings before you know their function. You can not talk about keysettings if they are not the same. Ask in forum someone to play with you. Learn from him.

zombies spawn(and loot, but with more lag) and come out from buildings when you are 200m far from them, so if you go to a spawn point/building and there are zombies around, there is someone else there.

Trust no one is a bit much I find. I have been playing since it was just a little baby DayZ and I find that 60-70 percent of people I contact are friendly (using my mic and loud enough that people can hear me).

- Be aware of snipers in Electro, Cherno, Northwest airfield, Northeast airstrip and Stary Sobor.

- Don't run in the middle of roads, paths or railway tracks but instead keep at least 50 meters away from roadways if at all possible.

- Don't waste bullets on zombies unless you have to.

- The crossbow is shit for most things.

- Always keep plenty of bandages and morphine on hand (I keep 4 bandages and 2 morphine on me at all times). Bloodbag is optional but good choice if playing in a group.

- Keep Epi pens in backpack so if you get knocked unconcious and you have a buddy he can access your pack (cant access gear as you are not dead) and use the pen.

- Bullet physics and damage are realistic. Most rifles (if not all) are zeroed to 300 meters. Some rifles you can adjust zeroing others you cannot.

- If you come across a hostile vehicle aim for the driver or the tires for these will stop vehicle most easily I have found. (engine block is an option if you have an LMG or higher cal AR/rifle however it is much simpler, quicker and effective to aim for the driver or tires unless you have an AS50 or M107 cause in that case engine block shots are just A-ok).

- Helicopters are hard to fly, practice in Armoury mode.

- If you find an ammo crate with a bunch of guns in it, its probably (99.9% sure) hacked in. You risk getting banned if you take a hacked gun from crate.

- ARMA 2 and OA are great games on their own I strongly advise trying out ACE mod with them.

- Do not leave vehicles or tents in debug plain, they will not be there for long.

- Meat from animals helps regain lost blood. You need a hunting knife, hatchet, matches and wood to gut the animal and cook meat. Go up to a tree (in the woods) and in the gear menu right click on hatchet and select "harvest wood".

- Hueys guns cannot be reloaded at this time.

- People will kill you for your vehicle, be carefull.

Almost all servers now are private hives so you will most likely be playing on one when you start. Private hives vary from server to server, some have different gear selections, added buildings etc.

Usefull stuff there! THANK YOU!

also if you manage to find a car or anything with wheels, be SUPER careful with where you are going. Take your eyes off the road for a second and bam you just ran your ass into something heavy and both your front tyres are popped and if you're really unlucky the car could explode if it's already a bit damaged.

-You'll see highlights of YouTubers running and gunning it, just killing everything in sight in the middle of a city. But note these ARE highlights, while playing DayZ be as stealthy as possible. Things will take longer, but it'll help with dieing less and keeping/getting more gear.

• Like 2

also if you manage to find a car or anything with wheels, be SUPER careful with where you are going. Take your eyes off the road for a second and bam you just ran your ass into something heavy and both your front tyres are popped and if you're really unlucky the car could explode if it's already a bit damaged.

-You'll see highlights of YouTubers running and gunning it, just killing everything in sight in the middle of a city. But note these ARE highlights, while playing DayZ be as stealthy as possible. Things will take longer, but it'll help with dieing less and keeping/getting more gear.

Awesome!

Now I have tried the A2 Demo and I used a sniper..

How do i steady the breathe?

Awesome!

Now I have tried the A2 Demo and I used a sniper..

How do i steady the breathe?

Hold down RMouse, and you can use - and + to zoom in and out.

Hold down RMouse, and you can use - and + to zoom in and out.

YAY!

How come i get kicked off servers saying im not white listed?

It is because that/those particular server/s run a script that kicks off anyone whose GUID hasn't been placed into the database of the server. If you really want to play on the Whitelisted servers, you would have to go on their website/whatever they do it by.

Now, Taltal...

A lot of the tips depend upon what kind of player you are.

I don't have much time so I'll provide you with my favourite guideline.

Death is inevitable. Accept it. Your character's time will come, whether you approve of it or not.

Anyway. If you have any questions about absolutely anything [when I say this, I mean this] regarding in-game, send me a message. I can answer it.

Edited by Inception.
Whose not who's, goddamn it.

Hey i bought arma 2 combined operations for dayz i have never played the game before and never watched any videos for tips i can't play it yet as im getting a computer for Christmas tomorrow witch can run it i was just wondering could anyone tell me what to do when i start of and places to go i know it sounds stupid to ask this when i haven't watched any videos but i feel videos are the easy way to everything

Also whats a private hive?

I'm logging off soon, it's late here but if no-ones answered you by the time I'm back on tomorrow I'll give you some decent answers with links to your question ;)