zantiago

U.B.C.S. DayZ Movie Project <In Production>

Hello everyone.

The name is Zantiago.

I've been a part of this community for quite some time now.

And I have to say that my whole experience with this community and it's playerbase has been an honor to be a part of.

I haven't been active on the forum in a 'LONG' time.

So I've probably missed out on a lot. but I hope everyone are okay, and are having a good time.

So everyone.

DayZ, Day-Z, the zombie apocalypse we are all playing.

There were never one route you could chose when you started playing it, that's the beauty about an openworld survival game.

You play it however you want right?

Me and my squad have been thinking about that for some time.

We have been known as bandit's for as long as time could tell.

Most people from this community didn't know that we had another side aswell, the heroic side of us.

That's right. Stop gasping already folks..

The guys that didn't take a break, we tried the other side of the game.

The one where you help out people in need, you defend those who can't defend themselfs, you rescue injured people and so on.

And it got as far as us gaining the privilege to move around in the hero skin.

But hey, i'm drifting off from what this post was actually gonna be about.

We have started up a new project right now.

This one will get recorded, and made into a set of smaller movies, series and clips.

Every island movie will have an intro spesifically made for it, and so will every outro.

And these two thing's are what takes the longest to record and "perfect"(read: we are not any actors or actresses here)

So we will use as much time as we possibly can to make it worth your while to watch.

I can not set a stamp or time or any date for that matter until each segment will be completed.

But we wanted to tell people that we are actually putting our free time into this, and that's only to show people that might be new to the game, or people who might be tired of the game, or maybe even just people who returned after a longer break that.. There are infact a lot of ways you can play dayz, to make it your own.

Make memories that no other game can is what these movies will be about.

And as we get more and more accustomed to the editing programs we will be using, getting more used to playing the actual character we are setting up for each and everyone of us, then the movies and it's content will also improve and seem more and more realistic.

We want to show the the community and the world that dayz is a game worth the time you spend on it.

Beyond the normal gather supplies, try to get out of deathmatch city and then find your way to north west airfield.

We have counted that in total we will have to be about 6 people in the squad, but we will need two more squads aswell.

Aswell as two single individuals to act as a scientist/doctor and a helicopter pilot for a few episodes.

Below are application's for the squad role and solo roles.

Squad Application

How many are you:

What form of experience do you have together:

What is the avg. age of the squad:

Why should we pick you(This is the most importan question):

Doctor & Helicopter pilot Application

How old are you:

Do you have any experience with acting:

Do you speak english fluently:

Why should we pick you?(This is the most important question)

The series will be spread out on more than one map.

So if you are interrested in this project, please give your support when our channel goes up on youtube, and on the forum by voting this thread up and or stickying it here.

Any and all econimical costs if we require it will be handled by me, so nobody who participate in the movie will ever have to use anything but their free time, if they want to participate.

Thanks for your time.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.c...DAYZPRODUCTIONS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OdjJiWjezI

We hope you enjoyed our little teaser.

The next part is also in the making and will be starting to come up, bit by bit by the end of the weekend.

Kind regards,

Zantiago, Anavirn and the rest of U.B.C.S.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Zantiago
  • Like 1

Sounds spectacular.

If done correctly.

It all comes down to how well the intro and outro bit end's up being.

The actual gameplay will be taken as we go, to get it to feel more alive, and less scripted.

But we had a lot of fun with the intro today, so we will have to see.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final product myself, and if this turn's out to be a success then we will continue making movies aswell.

And maybe even during other missions, game mods and so on and so fourth.

The sky is the limit as they say.

-Zan

• Like 1

An update to this project.

The project is already in motion, and we are currently setting up everything we need.

So I would have to say that you will have a sneak peak of it within the weak most likely.

So keep following the thread and the link will come up soon.

Hello everyone.

As this project is finally starting to take shape, we wanted to inform everyone that in the near future we would want to see if anyone here would like to be a part of these movie series?

We are in need of the following.

1. Squad of at least 4-6 people to act as bandits during our recording on Lingor Island, Panthera Island and on Namalsk.

2. 2 civillian players.

#1 As a doctor in 2 Episodes <IMPORTANT ROLE to the movie plot>

#2 As a Helicopter pilot for numerous episodes <Important movie role>

And we might be in need of even more people as the project takes more shape.

Don't be mistaken by the fact that I've enhanced the importance of two spesific roles.

Everyone has an important role in how this project will turn out in the end, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart that whoever does think about this project, do not take this project for granted.

To make an example of how dedicated we are to this.

Recording the intro to the first scene in Hours spent:

10hours getting props ready

6hours of writing the manuscript

5hours of practicing the execution of it.

And as we get further into the project, the intro's and outro's will all get better, but take longer to create.

And as such, we ask YOU, the people of this community to be with us, and join us on this adventure.

And when it comes to people who want to fill out the voulenteer spots.

Please use this form and fill it in with the needed information, and send it to me here on the forum.

Squad Application

How many are you:

What form of experience do you have together:

What is the avg. age of the squad:

Why should we pick you(This is the most importan question):

Doctor & Helicopter pilot Application

How old are you:

Do you have any experience with acting:

Do you speak english fluently:

Why should we pick you?(This is the most important question):

For all applicant's.

We prefer that you are atleast at the age of 18(but exceptions can be made)

And we prefer it if you can speak english at a very understandable level(Perfect english is not a requirement, but it would help)

And we hope that you understand that IF you intend to apply for this, then know that these thing's take time, and lots of it.

We have set a rough estimate for the last episode, and that is 6month's from now, so have that in your heart when you think about applying to us.

We are all normal people with jobs, family, school, university and everything that comes with it, and all of this will be taken into consideration if you just tell us beforehand.

Example: I have a graduation party coming up on the 4th of January.. Then we will just say.

That's not a problem, we will just wait with shooting the scene/episode then, and give you a couple of days of for all you need to do.

This whole project was started because of the community, and with the community's help, we will finish it, even if it's the last thing we will do.

Even after DayZ Standalone comes out we will continue to work on this. And as soon as this is done, and if it turn's out to be a success, then we will start a new community project for dayz standalone.

Our heart lies in this because we think that people haven't seen everything there is to dayz, and what the possibilities are if you just take a group of people together, and set some goals for them to chase after.

This is not our story, this is yours.

And it's up to YOU, if you want to see this one through, or let it go to waste.

I appreciate the fact that you read this whole post, and I thank you for reading about this project.

All I can do now is hope that you click on my little avatar to the left, and then send me an application saying you would like to participate in this.

So without any further o due.

Merry Christmas everyone, and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

U.B.C.S. Production's

Edited by U.B.C.S. Zantiago

Merry Xmas! It sounds like a really interesting and well thought out idea so good luck. I won't apply for the acting role because I would suck, but I have a few "perfect" peeps in mind and I'd be happy to help out with any art assets you need. I'll PM you in a bit with some more details :)

• Like 1

Merry Xmas! It sounds like a really interesting and well thought out idea so good luck. I won't apply for the acting role because I would suck, but I have a few "perfect" peeps in mind and I'd be happy to help out with any art assets you need. I'll PM you in a bit with some more details :)

Sound's awsome bud, and merry x-mas to you aswell.

And any help that can be given will be accepted :D

Eagerly awaiting your PM then ;)

-Zan

Actually some Art backgrounds would be awesome Fraggle, If you you could make one up and put, ' This is our story ' would be appreciated very much.

• Like 1

Looks good, it's got loads of potential, I already want know what happens when they land/crash!

• Like 2

Looks good, it's got loads of potential, I already want know what happens when they land/crash!

We are glad to hear you liked it =)

And yeah, as soon as I get some more time off from work, then shooting for the first Episode will take place, so we can get this show on the road. It's a bit overdue already in my opinion ;)

Cool, I'll have some time later this evening to sort out that artwork.

• Like 1

Cool, I'll have some time later this evening to sort out that artwork.

Thanks very much fraggle, like i said it will be appreciated very much. Send it to Zantiago or myself. I do the editing so maybe easier to give it to me, if you can send it through this then do so if not, PM me and ill give you my skype details.

cheers.

P.S

If its not to much, could you make us a logo to. With U.B.C.S

Edited by Anavirn

Sure, I'll try and kill two birds with one stone when I do the Youtube BG.

• Like 1

Just Bumping to get more interest and help from others. Contact me if interested aswell.

How many are you: 1

What form of experience do you have together: with acting ive dabbled with it but i can pull off a role and shoot a gun very well

What is the avg. age of the squad: 15

Why should we pick you(This is the most importan question): ive got a decent mic that can pull of some vocies and im fun to be around

I've debated doing something similar to this for a while... nice video, keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Here is a little crit, watched the whole video and to be honest it could have been shorten up. Your video was over 4 minutes and nothing much happened. The video could have been shorten to 1 min if that. The back drop title at the end was way too long.

I am not trying to diss you guys at all. I understand you are learning as you go. So please take what i said with a grain of salt.

Are you using the editor for some of the shots? Or just for the intro/outro?

Project looks interesting though. If you have any questions give me a shout and i can see if i could help. I am working on my own project so i can not exactly help you with the movie. But i can help with questions.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the feedback regarding the beginning teaser.

I will have everyone know that the project is going according to schedule.

And we didn't really feel confident in the first teaser we released.

So we will be releasing a new one soon.

However this will not be the teaser, but a beginning to the end product.

So stay tuned.

We have set an unconfirmed date for the release of the first series to be within the first two weeks of february.

The first series will be done in february most likely, but that's unconfirmed still, but we are working on it.

The cast and crew are getting along very well, and are working hard to make this happen.

So have a bit of patience, and you will soon be able to see a properly made project, and not like the teaser we released in the beginning.

Again, We thank you for all the support.

For those thinking about applying for a spot, please send applications in an PM to me here on the forum.

kind regards,

->Zan and the production team

Hey there.

If this project is still on going I'd be interested in taking part of it all.

I'm 41. Canadian. Live in Toronto.

I was a childhood actor from 15 to 18 on a Television Series here in Canada.

I currently work in the Film Industry doing lighting for movies, tv shows, commercials and music videos.

I've been in Film for 26 years, and it's my chosen career.

I work 5-6 days a week on set, but my schedules somewhat flexible till end of april.

Wouldn't mind playing a part in the film, or contributing time in other areas if needed.

• Like 3

Hey there.

If this project is still on going I'd be interested in taking part of it all.

I'm 41. Canadian. Live in Toronto.

I was a childhood actor from 15 to 18 on a Television Series here in Canada.

I currently work in the Film Industry doing lighting for movies, tv shows, commercials and music videos.

I've been in Film for 26 years, and it's my chosen career.

I work 5-6 days a week on set, but my schedules somewhat flexible till end of april.

Wouldn't mind playing a part in the film, or contributing time in other areas if needed.

Well good sir.

It seem's you are more than qualified for it.

If you could send me a PM here, and tell me a little about yourself aswell, aswell as your career within dayz, then that would be great.

It just add's to what role we can give you, and helps us pick one for you easier.

And also, I will tell the rest of the team about you, and we can review things on our end to see where we can fit you in.

Here is a little crit, watched the whole video and to be honest it could have been shorten up. Your video was over 4 minutes and nothing much happened. The video could have been shorten to 1 min if that. The back drop title at the end was way too long.

I am not trying to diss you guys at all. I understand you are learning as you go. So please take what i said with a grain of salt.

Are you using the editor for some of the shots? Or just for the intro/outro?

Project looks interesting though. If you have any questions give me a shout and i can see if i could help. I am working on my own project so i can not exactly help you with the movie. But i can help with questions.

Good luck.

Thanks for the post and will take/keep your advice in mind.

Seems you can't receive new messages on here.

Feel free to shoot me an email at RetroDeviant@gmail.com

I have cleared my inbox now.

So applications can be recieved.