Evokades

New free DayZ app for iOS

Hi. We have created a free iOS app, called Experience+ for DayZ, which contains detailed information about all items and resources which can be obtained in the game. Including features as sharing your DayZ findings with your friends through facebook, twitter etc. In addition, we have implemented a high def map of Chernarus inlcuding with and without vehicle spawns and possible chopper crash sites. We also have a notification system which will update you on newly versions of DayZ. We hope that this app will enhance your DayZ experience and please leave a review of the app so we can continue to improve it.

download it here: https://itunes.apple...?l=nb&ls=1&mt=8

or search app store for "DayZ Experience".

We have received requests about a designated iPad version and will consider it when present bugs are fixed.

We plan to port the app to standalone when it's launched.

Edited by Evokades
  • Like 3

I just downloaded it, and it works good! Cool map, and useful information on the weapons with damage and stuff.

I've tried some of the other apps, but this seems like the best free option out there so far..

I'll leave a review when I've tried it when I play;)

• Like 2

Windows phone PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........................

• Like 1

Hey, really good app. Just one thing, when you're looking at a certain gun and it takes quite a few different types of ammunition you can only see (unless I missed something) 2 or 3 types then it just goes off the screen.

• Like 1

Love the app, I've tried it some more;) It's a really helpful 'tool' when you don't know the whole game by heart obviously.

I also noticed what Kyzahh said about some of the information being too large for the label, but I guess that's fixable;)

No iPad version? :( thats what i use for a map. Do an iPad version....do eeeeeet!

• Like 2

Rooneye, we will make a designated iPad version if people want it, but we are prioritizing fixing the bugs first :)

Edited by Evokades
  • Like 1

This app is well made. I hate not having a map spawned with me on some servers so this is great for knowing where I am. I would've easily payed $.99 for this app. The weapon stats and everything are very cool

• Like 3

Hey, really good app. Just one thing, when you're looking at a certain gun and it takes quite a few different types of ammunition you can only see (unless I missed something) 2 or 3 types then it just goes off the screen.

Love the app, I've tried it some more;) It's a really helpful 'tool' when you don't know the whole game by heart obviously.

I also noticed what Kyzahh said about some of the information being too large for the label, but I guess that's fixable;)

We have done a remote update of the app data, solving the issues with magazine types not fitting in the text label. You should now be able to see all ammunition available for the weapons with this automatic update.

Are you going to port this app once standalone comes out?

Yes, Kyzahh, that is the plan. But we have to wait until the launch of the standalone to say anything for sure because we don't know the amount of changed data etc.

• Like 2

Android version ? Or are you only making for small niche markets?

We originally made this app for our eyes only, as we though it would help us out. We didn't even think of releasing it until we were nearly finished. We're just two DayZ players who learned a programming language to ease the playing experience.

I imagine we'll be pretty busy when the standalone comes out, and it all really depends on how popular this app will turn out. So we can't say anything for sure on the matter of Android-version, but for now we'll focus on getting a stable iOS version for the standalone.

• Like 1

And if anyone have any questions, feedback or bug reports, just post them here or send an email to support@bitesoftware.no please.

The update is slightly delayed due to unforeseen problems, but should be rolling out after the weekend.

The update, which will mainly fix the crash on launch for iOS devices with versions prior to 6.0, is now sent in for review. In addition, we have started working on the iPad version of the app :)

The update fixing the crash for devices with version prior to 6.0 to in the post above is now released. We also added support for iPhone 5 screens :)

Edited by Evokades
  • Like 1

No iPad version? :( thats what i use for a map. Do an iPad version....do eeeeeet!

Now that the update is out, we've slowly started with an iPad-side of it all. Might take some time, might not happen at all, but we're at least trying for now;)

We have now released this new version, free from ads, which has universal support, meaning it's also made for iPad. We decided to put the lowest price on it for all the work we had to do to make this happen as well as removing the ads. $0.99 is not much, if you can afford it, please support us by buying it:) The free version is still up, but I doubt we will port that one for the standalone like we will with this pro-version.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/experience+-for-dayz-pro/id596481962?ls=1&mt=8

Thank you:)

there also another DayZ map app that works okay, but it also has more maps.