Sign in to follow this  
GeneticFreak

A non-OP, pseudo-level system (not what you think it is)

Oh no, not another leveling up suggestion thread!

Well, read on:

- Leveling up really does nothing that benefits you directly in the game or anything that makes you an omgwtf godlike zombie slayer

- When you kill zombies and/or surviving in a zombie infested area (definitely not by sitting afk or crouching around inside a house) you gain some exp

- When you kill a player you gain some of his exp (depends on level difference)

- When you die, you lose all your exp and your level is reset to level 1

- Your level shows in the scoreboard for your e-peen/pride purposes or whatever

Possible benefits:

- For the survivors, added incentive for long-time surviving other than, well, surviving

- Added paranoia since you lose something more than just gears when you die

- For the bandits, added "that little something extra" you get for killing survivors other than his gear (which is probably inferior to your gear anyway)

- That elitist feel (separates the skilled ones and the noobs)

I'm going to say no, i find leveling at all pointless and an excuse for some kid who has farmed his way through power leveling to gloat.

• Like 1

This isn't a place for dickswinging-by-numbers.

If the entire purpose of your "level up" suggestion is to remain indefinitely pointless, then there's no point to it.

Go buy a sexy, sexy calculator if you get off on sets of numbers.

No.

Would be great to get some "bandage skill" so i mean if you bandaged any other person often, maybie 20 times, you can bandaged 2% quicker.

But exp or sth else, that´s realy shit cause much players only want to hunt players cause of the exp. I would do it.

I think this game is better off without leveling. Even if it doesnt grant any advantage to being higher level your going to get people who want to be the highest level and so PvP is going to be even higher! Having more pvp takes away the survival aspect of the game because people will be too scared to enter any city cos the game will just turn into a deathmatch game.

Yes great idea. Lets just give the already retarded bandits more incentive to not only spawn trap kids but turn them into even more dicks. If anything Player killing should drop your XP, but I am totally against it.

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury

I believe that they have plans to have extensive stats on the forums/website. There will be no need for the XP system in game.

I think this game is better off without leveling. Even if it doesnt grant any advantage to being higher level your going to get people who want to be the highest level and so PvP is going to be even higher! Having more pvp takes away the survival aspect of the game because people will be too scared to enter any city cos the game will just turn into a deathmatch game.

Yes great idea. Lets just give the already retarded bandits more incentive to not only spawn trap kids but turn them into even more dicks. If anything Player killing should drop your XP, but I am totally against it.

You mean theres a way to avoid being player killed in this game?

Lately whenever I play DayZ I got shot on sight without warning, upon entering ANY city

Game community is already on a deathmatch state, at least on the asian servers